Team v. West Brom

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

For WBA we should go to ‘what we know’ 👍 3 at the back, 2 wingbacks 3 across the middle 2 up front and then if Slav want to change it, tweek it Over time that’s common sense!
Rammers
Bogal - Bash - Egan - Robinson - Baldo
Fleck - Didzy - Sanda (Norgood? Ozzy?)
and pick any 2 forwards (not Burke)
That formation would have walled the Swansea game!
IT’S NOT ROCKET SIENCE!
Or is Slav stubborn?

Ramsdale
Baldock Basham Egan Davies RND
Vieira
Berge Osborn
Brewster Sharp

If we play 4 at the back I'd be tempted to play Bash at RB over Baldock if we have Davies playing for us, with RND on the left (though he wasn't much cop against Carlisle).

Ramsdale
Baldock Egan bash RND
Berge viera fleck
Bogle mcburnie osborn

Seems like we're just drawing names out of a hat and then deciding on what formation we play.

4-1-5 is my guess and it'll still be bloody Norwood in midfield even if we only have one

Well thank fuck your not the manager then
After tonights display, would you start Norwood or Didzy again?

Slav won’t be starting with a back 3 anytime soon.

Osborn, for all his effort, is and will always be a squad player.

If people like it or not, Mcburnie and Brewster are our future. They have shown they can score in this league.

Please enlighten us with your XI??

Ramsdale
Bash Egan Davies/Robinson
Baldock berge veira/Norwood fleck RND/Osborn
Didz Brewster

352 round pegs in round holes

McGoldrick should be nowhere near a midfield place, he's not a number 10 either

Ramsdale

Baldock, Basham, Egan, Robinson, Osborn

Berge, Norwood, Fleck (not because they deserve it, but they're the only senior midfielders at the moment)

Brewster, anyone but Burke

Gives the option of 3 at the back and wingbacks, or tonight's back four with Osborn in midfield. Unless the midfield actually move and show some willingness to get on the ball, tactics and formation won't matter.

Most important change: An outright ban on Norwood ever taking another set piece.

Ramsdale
Brewster - Bash - Egan - Robinson
Baldock - Berge - Nogood - Burke
Didzy - Sharp.

That's what we had tonight, so I'm going the same, and a total thrashing this time.

For WBA we should go to ‘what we know’ 👍 3 at the back, 2 wingbacks 3 across the middle 2 up front and then if Slav want to change it, tweek it Over time that’s common sense!
Rammers
Bogal - Bash - Egan - Robinson - Baldo
Fleck - Didzy - Sanda (Norgood? Ozzy?)
and pick any 2 forwards (not Burke)
That formation would have walled the Swansea game!
IT’S NOT ROCKET SIENCE!
Or is Slav stubborn?
I was saying this to my brother. Go with what the players are used to until Slav gets in what he needs.

The West Brom game is probably too soon but I would go with this if we could do:

View attachment 118873

I am including Ben Davies assuming we land him on loan but I doubt he would be ready to play against WBA. So swap him with Robbo.

I don't think Viera or Davies will feature against WBA even if they are here.

Can't see us playing a back 3..it will be 4231 again or 433.
If we don't play Norwood, who is going to get the ball deep facing our own goal and start us off.. that's how Slav wants us to play, and we haven't got anybody else to play that roll.

After tonights display, would you start Norwood or Didzy again?

Slav won’t be starting with a back 3 anytime soon.

Osborn, for all his effort, is and will always be a squad player.

If people like it or not, Mcburnie and Brewster are our future. They have shown they can score in this league.

Please enlighten us with your XI??

Osborn was probably our best player tonight, despite only playing for 45 minutes. He is the best LM in the building. although I admit that the competition isn't that strong.

Ramsdale

Baldock - Egan - Basham - RND

Berge....-....Vieira
Bogle.............Freeman..........Brewster

Jebbison

Can't see us playing a back 3..it will be 4231 again or 433.
If we don't play Norwood, who is going to get the ball deep facing our own goal and start us off.. that's how Slav wants us to play, and we haven't got anybody else to play that roll.

If it isn't Norwood, and whilst we are awaiting Viera, there is only young Brunt that springs to mind. Some might say Berge, but he isn't a holding player, at least not for us anyway. He looks bored off his rocker if he isn't running forward.

Billy Sharp has to play. It may seem regressive given being the oldest of our many strikers. But he is the only reliable finisher we have ( I am excluding Mousset) and he will always make the correct runs and take up the correct positions. Until the team is settled, the midfield starts to function and new signings arrive, the team needs someone they can have confidence in.

If it isn't Norwood, and whilst we are awaiting Viera, there is only young Brunt that springs to mind. Some might say Berge, but he isn't a holding player, at least not for us anyway. He looks bored off his rocker if he isn't running forward.
Yeah, I've not seen enough of Brunt.. looks promising from what I have seen.

Back
Top Bottom