Team v Burnley....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

-----------------Wes-----------------

--Baldock--Anel--Trusty--Robinson--

--Bogle--Hamer---Souza--McAtee--

--------McBurnie-----Osula----------

Not sure about Mcburnie.

Sure he scored a goal, but he was barely getting past a jog for the most part.

Don't think he's anywhere near being fully fit.

I would go for Osula and Archer and use their pace to break from Burnleys high press.

Not sure about Mcburnie.

I would go for Osula and Archer and use their pace to break from Burnleys high press.

Oli Mac never gets past a jog though...

Burnley have lost 7 home games in a row. Enter Sheffield United.

I'd go 442 but don't think it will happen.
Wes
Baldock, Anel, Trusty Robbo
Bogle, Slimane, Hamer, Osborn
McBurnie, Archer

Bring Osula on after 60 min for Archer
My choice too!

Close , in fact very close to what would constitute the greatest ever Blades line up .

I would make just two changes to that . The first and most obvious one being that , since it lacks a defensive ball winning midfielder to protect the back four and with Hagan and Currie on the pitch Sabella would be an unnecessary luxury , I would replace him with the Werewolf , aka Trevor Hockey who did for the Blades what Nobby Styles did for England to such great effect .

The second would be to play Deano in his natural role as centre forward at the expense (reluctantly) of Mick Jones and introduce the wonderful Colin Grainger in the wide left role , who would supply him with any number of great balls into the box as well as scoring a significant number of goals himself , such as those he scored at Wembley when he became the only English player to score twice against Brazil.
I did think about both Hockey and Grainger and you are probably right. When we sold Grainger to Sunderland I was really upset. The first of many times since.

I'm going but really don't care what side they put out at this stage. It matters little with the style of play we're implementing.

I'm going but really don't care what side they put out at this stage. It matters little with the style of play we're implementing.
I'll be there as well, hope I'm wrong but I think he will put the same side out again! As for me a few beers before just to deaden the pain of whats to come👍

Amissah
Baldock
Anel
Trusty
Robbo
Hamer
Souza
McAtee
Slimane
Archer
Mcburnie

For me, Wes deserves dropping for that goal alone, move to a back 4, hamer and souza in middle, SLimane and Mcatee wider more advance and archer mcburnie up top bring Osula on after about 60 for mcburnie

Not sure about Mcburnie.

For me, Wes deserves dropping for that goal alone,

He did redeem himself later with several good saves. I just think it shows the whole mood of the players at the moment there morale and confidence is shot.

I haven’t seen the highlights from Bournemouth. For obvious reasons.

McBurnie probably has to start. Osborne probably needs to add some pashun and tenacity. I don’t know anymore.

We need someone with new ideas and to give them a kick. Not since Adkins has a team given up so easily. Even in the Covid season we were somewhat in games, despite being shit. Can’t remember getting rolled over as easy as that.

Two up front whatever, reckon we'll beat Burnley (putting tin hat on as I type!)

Wes
Baldcock Anal thrusty Mrs Robinson
Norwood suzzies
Mcawee Hymen Fleck the bean
Archerback. Oily McBurnie

Based on current use of the squad and subs, Fleck is way more likely to start than Slimane.

I'd rather Fleck started than Norwood tbh, at least it's different

He did redeem himself later with several good saves. I just think it shows the whole mood of the players at the moment there morale and confidence is shot.
But it wasn’t shot at 2.59 on the back of a win and a draw ….

Ok apart from Lowe. Why not 433 with osula up front .we are as good as down anyway let's try attack attack attack
Did wonder about this.

433 with runners in midfield. So

Wes

Baldock - Anel - Trusty - Robinson

Osborne - Hamer - Brooks

Osula - Archer - Mcburnie

It does feel a bit pointless TBF, as we'll get more of the same I guess.

Just for something a bit different.

Will force us to be much more attacking.

Mcburnie sitting slightly behind the two strikers to get flick ons or hold the ball up.

Archer and Osula sitting right on the shoulder of the last defenders pressing hard.

May ship some goals, but at least will have more than 2 shots on target in 90 minutes 🤷‍♂️

1701334231581.png

Just for something a bit different.

Will force us to be much more attacking.

Mcburnie sitting slightly behind the two strikers to get flick ons or hold the ball up.

Archer and Osula sitting right on the shoulder of the last defenders pressing hard.

May ship some goals, but at least will have more than 2 shots on target in 90 minutes 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 175386

Boro used Akpom in a similar way to how you are using Mcburnie. It'd be interesting no doubt.

Did wonder about this.

433 with runners in midfield. So

Wes

Baldock - Anel - Trusty - Robinson

Osborne - Hamer - Brooks

Osula - Archer - Mcburnie

It does feel a bit pointless TBF, as we'll get more of the same I guess.
Runners in midfield 😂😂😂😂

But it wasn’t shot at 2.59 on the back of a win and a draw ….

Arguably it was as that was still preceeded by umpteen losses. It also showed on the pitch they couldnt be bothered with the effort.

Back
Top Bottom