Team for Huddersfield

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

On william hill , huddersfield are 24/5 to win, presumably the bookies think well be fine, i couldnt back them but for anyone not too fussed i think it appears a good bet

....................................Verrips/a n other.....................................
Baldock............Egan...................Davies............................RND
.........................................Berge.........................................
..............Bogle.................................Osborn...............
.....Brewster............Jebbison.........McBurnie.....

....................................Verrips/a n other.....................................
Baldock............Egan...................Davies............................RND
.........................................Berge.........................................
..............Bogle.................................Osborn...............
.....Brewster............Jebbison.........McBurnie.....

Well to be fair if we play Verrips and an other keeper we might keep it down to two 🙂

4-1-3-2

Olsen
Bogle - Egan - Davies - RND
Basham
Freeman - Berge - Brunt
Jebbison - McBurnie​
In what world can Bash play CDM, he's not got a terrible ping but definitely isn't the man, and has no discipline to be able to stay put and act as the pivot. He's easily my favourite player in the squad and I'd hate to leave him out, but its RCB or RCM for me, not CDM

• - - - - - - - - Foderingham
  • - - - Davies - - Egan - - Lopata
Bogle - - Bash - - Brunt - - - - RND
  • - - - - - - - McG - - - Freeman
  • - - - - - - - - - - Brewster

Subs: Verrips, Baldock, Osborn, Norwood, McB, Jebbison, Sharp

* Assuming no signings
** Assuming Berge is on his way

Risky to throw 2 youngsters into such a vital league match... but can they do much worse? Also, crowd nearly always more positive and patient with debutants and youth players so that would have a good effect on the atmosphere - which is in danger of getting quite toxic quite quickly.

UTB

Gk - Traffic Cone
RB - Baldock
CB - Egan/Davies
LB - RND
DMC - Slater / Berge
AMC - Freeman
RW - Bogle
LW - Brewster
CF - Mcburnie

We need some bite in the middle, Slater can at least tackle by all accounts and can't stomach Fleck and Norwood again.

Freeman & Bogle also seems to be our only players capable of any sort of progressive play - these have to play.

Without a coherent way of playing football it matters little who plays. Too many have given up and/or turned to shit.

………………………………….…Foddrers (reluctantly)

………………....Bash………………Egan……….Davies…..

Bogle…………………………………………………………………..RND

…………………Norwood (reluctantly)…………Brunt……

………………………………..…….Freeman

………………………..Jebbison………………..Brewster….

Berge need to be sold urgently to raise funds, Fleck is completely finished, Verrips, Burke and Robinson should never play for us again, Disdy is shot of confidence and Sharp should only be off the bench in future…McBurnie can go as well for me.
Maybe Slav uses as many full stops when explaining the system and that’s why no fucker has a clue what they’re doing.

Verrips/Foderingham,

Egan, Basham, Davies,
Norwood
Burke, Jebbison, Sharp, McGoldrick, McBurnie, Brewster,

316 formation. Give to Norwood, lob it forward to our 6 strikers and let them fight it out with opposition.

In all honesty it's not really about formation or who, it's about how. Although it would be good to see some fresh impetus of players.

………………………………..…….Freeman

Berge need to be sold urgently to raise funds, Fleck is completely finished, Verrips, Burke and Robinson should never play for us again, Disdy is shot of confidence and Sharp should only be off the bench in future…McBurnie can go as well for me.
Agree with most of it . I would find a shirt for Osborn he at least tries unlike most of them last night.

Freeman has to start IMO. Only one who’s shown he can beat a man in the final 1/3.

Fuck Fleck, literally gave us nothing.

Also, mcburnie has to start. Only one who seems to have that bit of shithouse n him which we evidently need. Also, has shown he can play at this level.

same with Brewster.

Fodderingham
Baldock Egan Davies Bogle/RND
Bash Brunt
Brewster Freeman Burke
Mcburnie

Freeman has to start IMO. Only one who’s shown he can beat a man in the final 1/3.

Fuck Fleck, literally gave us nothing.

Also, mcburnie has to start. Only one who seems to have that bit of shithouse n him which we evidently need. Also, has shown he can play at this level.

same with Brewster.
Agreed

Given our inability to defend even the most basic set pieces I would pick the 11 tallest players we have (except Verrips of course)

………………………………..…….Freeman

Swap Norwood for Berge... if anything just to remove Norwood from set piece duty

Swap Norwood for Berge... if anything just to remove Norwood from set piece duty
As bad as Norwood as been he’s been better than Berge in the last two. It’s a toss up though. I think we need to start planning for life without Berge.

Need to play those with a chip on their shoulder and a point to prove. I’m talking bogle, RND, davies, freeman, possibly brunt (very physical league though so off the bench), brewster, mcburnie

Need to play those with a chip on their shoulder and a point to prove. I’m talking bogle, RND, davies, freeman, possibly brunt (very physical league though so off the bench), brewster, mcburnie
Regan slater 100% if he’s not injured. Drop norwood and put in a lad who will give his all for the team he supports

I’d pop out to the shops in the next hour or so and get Jamal Blackman and Neil Taylor in on frees. Then i’d go with the following. Elmohamedy, Cahill and Wilshire are still all free agents, I’d be looking at them next week.

FF68508C-2DCB-4C42-B043-279DB7952CCC.jpeg

This is what I have. Fleck and Norwood need to be out asap. They can't keep getting away with phoning it in. LB should be RND but presumed he was injured. If he isn't why the fuck is Robinson still playing? GK maybe verrips. Maybe give him 3 or 4 games and if he's still not up to it then get him ont transfer list
Screenshot_20210819-103654.png

Let's face it your all forgetting the Elephant in the room,
we couldn't score a goal even if their Goalie had both arms tide behind his back........ :tumbleweed:

As bad as Norwood as been he’s been better than Berge in the last two. It’s a toss up though. I think we need to start planning for life without Berge.

I'd prefer a life without Norwood.
A life without both I can handle.
A life with Norwood still knocking all set pieces to the goalie or first man I've already had my fill of

Verrips - Baldock, Egan, Basham, Davies/RND - Fleck, Berge, Brunt - McGoldrick - Brewster, McBurnie

• 5-2-1-2 as this has been the most exciting formation we have played in the last 5 years, changes things but also similar enough too.
  • Verrips benefit of the doubt after being thrown in last minute.
  • Berge clearly talented but not getting stuck in, he likes a forward run and his passing is decent, so play him at CAM.​
  • Baldock and RND for defensive stability​
  • Freeman in the old Fleck role, Slater as a deep lying player​
  • Brewster/Jebbo as they have looked our most lively strikers yet.​

Verrips
Bash Egan Davies
Baldock----------------RND
Slater - Freeman
Berge
Brewster - Jebbison

Subs: Bogle, Osborn, Lopata, K.Gordon, Didzy, Mousset, Foderingham​

The idea is that we have a solid base to start, but with an attacking bench if our creativity dries up. Time to make a point to our 'regulars'. If you don't play well then F*** off

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom