Team for Huddersfield

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foderingham
Baldock Egan Davies RND
Basham Osborn
Bogle Berge Freeman
Jebbison

Subs: Verrips, Lopata, Brunt, Gordon, Sharp, McBurnie, Brewster

2-0 Huddersfield. New players needed pronto.

League One Wes (Verrips is finished here after tonight)

Bogle
Bash
Egan
Davies
RND

Berge
Norwood
Freeman

Brewster
McBurnie
This is all well and good if Freeman roams around like Duffy used to. If they stick to the rigid 3 in midfield then we might as well not play with strikers because they're not getting the ball.

If I was The Prince or Bettis today i’d be on the phone to Paul Mitchell about keepers & getting bids in. We can possibly get away with Foderingham vs Huddersfield but we cannot have another week of these two never mind half a season.

Foderingham
Baldock Egan Davies RND
Basham Osborn
Bogle Berge Freeman
Jebbison

Subs: Verrips, Lopata, Brunt, Gordon, Sharp, McBurnie, Brewster

2-0 Huddersfield. New players needed pronto.
Hope we pass it around loads at then back again. I've been enjoying that, edge of the seat stuff guessing who will boot it long in a panic

--------------Verips---------------
Baldock - Egan - Davies - Osborn
--------------Brunt---------------
-------- Berge Basham----------
Bogle-------------------- Freeman
------------Mcburnie----------------

The goal being a solid unit that stops the rot and tries to get us a few wins under out belts.

--------------Verips---------------
Baldock - Egan - Davies - Osborn
--------------Brunt---------------
-------- Berge Basham----------
Bogle-------------------- Freeman
------------Mcburnie----------------

The goal being a solid unit that stops the rot and tries to get us a few wins under out belts.
Definitely need another body in the middle to get stuck in.

I think we all should take a deep breath and calm down. Whatever between now and Udders it's Verrips or Fodders in the net.
Fodderingham for me, whist not the tallest of GK has always struck me as agile. I would play him because whatever you think, he has experience and sometime in his career will have seen this all before, not the ideal choice but at this moment the only sensible one.
The rest? ... If we can't immediately bring in fresh blood, than lets have a bit of young blood, Freeman? this might be your time .....UTB

All of the above serves to highlight how poor we have become.

we need a GK to cover the sale of Rammers.

I would play Jebison and Brewster and give them a solid run in the team - the others are either too old or not up to it.

I would bring Brunt in to MD at the expense of Fleck - tbh the whole md is poor - more signings needed.

RND in to defence.

Davies in to defence - should have played last night IMO.

Mcburnie and Brewster to start.
We need to create a solid relationship up top, they've both proven they can bag goals at this level and cost us 40m. Then bring Jebbo on at 65 mins to frighten em to death.

Its the creative Duffy role that needs immediate attention and addition, but start with Freezy v Hudds. Drop '1 in 20 chances' Didz (Slav won't drop Didzy though - guarantee it).

Defence & Berge need heading practice all week (unless the new fifa heading ban was enforced early at Shirecliffe?!?).
Release Robinson and then re-sign Nosworthy, who's far more effective!

Big Wes in goal and a replacement sought ASAP - olsen from Roma??

*Oh and employ Burke as a water boy, cos he's reyt quick and can sprint to give the lads a wet!

What I really don't understand is that against Swansea you could see a plan. Brewster and Burke breaking. But tonight, there was no plan I could see.
On that fucking shit show the plan looked like "let's take a 3-0 bumming" so by all accounts it nearly worked.

- - - - - - - - - - New Keeper - - - - - - - - - -

Bogle - - - - Egan - - - - - Davies - - - - RND

- - - - - - - - Berge - - - - New - - - - - - - - -

- - - - New - - - - - McB - - - - - Freeman

- - - - - - - - - - -Brewster- - - - - - - - - - -

To play have SJ's teams have played in the past we need lots of fresh bodies.

Reverting to our 'old' style just delays the inevitable with this set of players who have served us so well but are now at the end of their peak.

Garner at the side of Berge, Dialla on the right, Olsen in the net - if rumours are the believed anyway. That would be my preference.

Really do think 4 or 5 changes are needed for Huddersfield, confidence has been low all season, after the bullying they got last night it will be at rock bottom. Other than Jebbison I haven't seen much of the youngsters, so instead of a 1 to 11 here are the players I would keep from last night,
Baldock.
Bash.
Egan.
Osborn.
Freeman.
Mcburnie.
Presumably Davies will be starting, unless the Olsen rumours are true, its Verrips or Foderingham, can't see Slav dropping Norwood, or Mcgoldrick and to be honest, I don't see him throwing in the young uns

it would basically mean his career with us is over. verrips deserves a share of the blame for conceding four goals but we were poor at defending set pieces long before last night. binning verrips now and you’re in the market for two new goalkeepers.

I'm not sure mate seems pretty sensible to me 😂
after a single league game? the whole team was poor last night and we’ve not been defending set pieces properly for at least a season already. would ramsdale have made a big difference to the result last night? i say no.

………………………………….…Foddrers (reluctantly)

………………....Bash………………Egan……….Davies…..

Bogle…………………………………………………………………..RND

…………………Norwood (reluctantly)…………Brunt……

………………………………..…….Freeman

………………………..Jebbison………………..Brewster….

Berge need to be sold urgently to raise funds, Fleck is completely finished, Verrips, Burke and Robinson should never play for us again, Disdy is shot of confidence and Sharp should only be off the bench in future…McBurnie can go as well for me.

Honestly, that team shows just how far we have fallen in a relatively short space of time....

Assuming no signings

Verrips
Baldock Egan Davies Robinson
Basham Berge
Burke McBurnie Freeman
Brewster

Think we need to add some physicality, height and pace to the side and I can only think of Basham as a midfielder with an engine in the club. If we had someone else, I'd go 3-5-2 with Basham at RCB but I think playing more than 1 of Berge, Fleck and Norwood is asking for trouble at the moment.

1629366843666.png

As much as Sander Berge's performance's have been completely inept, its either him or Norwood. Both blokes next to him can do plenty of running and know how to defend. Freeman and McBurnie were our best players last night so they both get a start.

Can't come up with a full team but for me; Freeman, Sharp, McBurnie, Egan, Basham, Osborn & Didzy should be involved. All others are either out of form, don't have the energy to take control of a game, aren't good enough or are unproven.

I see alot of people playing Freeman out wide and honestly think he's wasted there. If he's going to play sit him as a number 10 or not at all.

Back
Top Bottom