Sydie Peck

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Any ideas when Pecks contract expires, he seems to be the last one after we have tied Faxon and Tinsdale to new deals
You’ve worried me now😀
Hopefully we’ve got an option.
He’s got the same agent as Anel😎

I hope any negotiations with Peck are handled better than those we had with his pal Lankshear because that was one massive clusterfuck.
Lankshear wanted to go back down south and in my opinion we did well to negotiate a decent fee. But ok you know better and it’s another excuse to bash the club, not that you need any at the moment

Any ideas when Pecks contract expires, he seems to be the last one after we have tied Faxon and Tinsdale to new deals
Signed a "long term" deal in 2021. Given that he was 16 when he signed I'd be amazed if that was longer than 3 years so you would imagine that he's out of contract this summer but it's also highly likely that we will have an option to extend. Given that he's been in and around the first team he really should be a priority for a new deal; while the financial issues aren't great they will result in greater chances for young players next season.

Please explain. Giving details of what package was on offer from United and what package was on offer from Spurs.

He and his family were happy with the plan we had in place for him (pathway to first team etc) and the general terms of the contract being discussed. Then they discovered someone representing the club was going around telling other clubs he was worth £10m, so they asked for a deal which reflected that and you can guess what happened next.

He and his family were happy with the plan we had in place for him (pathway to first team etc) and the general terms of the contract being discussed. Then they discovered someone representing the club was going around telling other clubs he was worth £10m, so they asked for a deal which reflected that and you can guess what happened next.
So it was the family's greed that kicked in, over a comment exaggerating his worth.

The club opted not to pay the player what they thought he was worth I guess?

Making stuff up again?

Absolute nonsense.

'Someone representing the club was going round telling other clubs he was worth £10m'...... what a load of absolute bollox

Maybe someone working in the club shop was saying he's worth 10m but which club representative was going to other clubs telling them he was worth 10m when we end up getting 1m? Oh and after you have named them please confirm that they were sacked for gross misconduct as according to you we either ' lost' 9m on the deal or a very good young player for peanuts because of their actions!

So, he's going to be involved tomorrow.
a) this should be good news re. contract status given our approach when it comes to out of contract youth players.
b) are we allowed to be excited for next season and the likelihood that a number of younger players will be in the core of the squad? Even if we don't go up, so long as they're tied down, I think there's reason for optimism going forward.

I’m confident that he’s one of the lads that can make the step up and can hold his own at championship level. A big couple of years for him which can often make or break a career but I really hope he breaks through with us because he’s definitely talented and sounds like a nice sensible kid

So, he's going to be involved tomorrow.
a) this should be good news re. contract status given our approach when it comes to out of contract youth players.
b) are we allowed to be excited for next season and the likelihood that a number of younger players will be in the core of the squad? Even if we don't go up, so long as they're tied down, I think there's reason for optimism going forward.
Hope he goes well, enjoyed watching his sub appearances. GLTTL

I notice he’s only 4 months younger than Blaster. So if Ollie can be talked up as a regular for next season then Sydie can’t be far behind - just needs a loan to toughen him up!

I notice he’s only 4 months younger than Blaster. So if Ollie can be talked up as a regular for next season then Sydie can’t be far behind - just needs a loan to toughen him up!
Peck missed a chunk of last season with a serious knee injury but you're right, if he can't get into the first team picture by the start of next season he'll be loaned into L1.

Would not loan him anywhere full stop unless we keep Souza and also bring in multiple experienced midfielders
With a little experience Peck will be a wonderful player and should feature next season. But we need to protect our assetts.

Wouldn't loan him out at all. We should have him around the squad next season and hopefully he will be challenging for a place in the team. Even if you wouldn't trust Blaster and Peck in the starting 11 together, I don't see any reason why you couldn't alternate between them at times during the season. If they are good enough then they should be in the team even if it's for half a game.

He played really well midweek alongside Slimane. Peck put in all the tackles then Slimane distributed it accurately and positively.

Peck's passing was quite off in the first half, often losing it after having just won it (De Souza anyone), but he got better as the match went on.

He has good energy and a sensible footballing brain for a young player. There's potential there for sure.

Marsh and Peck are definitely the stands outs in the under 21s if you ignore Osula and Brooks, who have already played regular first team football.

Back
Top Bottom