Friendly v Rotherham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Happy we played another friendly because 9 days between Barnsley and Watford is a long time when players need match minutes.

Mentions a midweek friendly v Rotherham.

Was anything reported on this match that I have missed?

I heard from a rotherham supporting mate a few days ago that there was a behind closed doors friendly. He said it finished 1-1 but didn’t know the scorers or line up 🤷‍♂️
It finished 3-1 to us. Jebbison scored early, think Sharp got another. Not sure of the other scorer.
Apparently what both clubs would consider their 1st teams.
Khedra played a part. Was told he looked excellent.

Result unimportant really in a behind closed doors game. But I'm sure it would have been competitive and it is more minutes in the legs and more chance to establish a playing pattern. Would have done us no harm at all getting ready for the main event on Monday evening.

By what Warne is saying, we absolutely mullered their first team

I've got a hell of a lot of time for Warne. Keep meaning to listen to moment of truth series on BBC. Admire his determination with Rotherham, but even he must get tired of it.

Excellent manager is Warne
He's a top bloke and fits in very well at Rotherham. On the top manager part. He's done well at Rotherham but at the same time he's never managed to keep them up either. Granted he's done brilliantly with little, but Warnock managed to keep them up, think Evans did also for one season. I think he needs to establish Rotherham in the Champ before bigger clubs decide he's the one for them.

He's very open is Warne, it's refreshing but at the same time I wonder if he could do with keeping his counsel more on occasions.

Good to hear our first team mullered theirs, what you would expect really

I've got a hell of a lot of time for Warne. Keep meaning to listen to moment of truth series on BBC. Admire his determination with Rotherham, but even he must get tired of it.
I’m surprised he’s not left for a better funded job by now as it would surely make his life easier. He’s done a cracking job at Rotherham and his loyalty is admirable given you’d think his not been short of calls as he’s done an excellent job there. Feel he might be in for yet another thankless task again this year with them.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Norwich fail to go up this year and maybe next if they don’t finally tempt him away as he has links there.

Back
Top Bottom