summer (sort of) window

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I would say it's bullshit but read the first post and that looked legit, cbe a pig on a wind up😆

And so it begins :)

Excellent for debate, but I fear it's all bollox

I mean why would anyone with serious itk info, which incidentally seems too fanciful, well at least on the face of it, even consider calling himself WUM?

LOL I suspect good try, but 3/10 and that's just for making the effort

And so it begins :)

Excellent for debate, but I fear it's all bollox

I mean why would anyone with serious itk info, which incidentally seems too fanciful, well at least on the face of it, even consider calling himself WUM?

LOL I suspect good try, but 3/10 and that's just for making the effort
The first couple seemed realish but the Isak link has made me more suspect 🧐 only one way to find out.

Reactions: CW7
Open up with a few realistic ones and one or two already linked. That gets a few on the hook or least sniffing around the bait.

Then gradually move on to silly season.

I dunno lads - I think it might be a double-bluff.

What if the wind-up was that it was all 100% accurate 🤯
What if he's playing the long con and he wants you to think that so he'll have wound you up even more. WUMception style, he's playing 3D chess.

He wasnt signed for 'performances' he was signed to be back up but more importantly to add his Premier League experience to the squad. O Connell has already said about how much he has learned from Jags
After watching his positional play at Old Trafford it's a pity that Jags hasn't learned much from Jags.
If he's not getting paid for his performances he shouldn't be getting paid more than the manager.

After watching his positional play at Old Trafford it's a pity that Jags hasn't learned much from Jags.
If he's not getting paid for his performances he shouldn't be getting paid more than the manager.

Jags is 37 his main attribute was his pace he was not brought in to play many games
I would think how much he is getting paid IS down to the manager so whatever you think is irrelevant
If Wilder wants him in / around the squad its up to him and if the rumour is true about another contract that again is Wilders decision

Not getting much change out of £40m if we’re going for Doucoure

As much as Richard Cadette's posts were interesting and it was great to hear who we were after, I still think anyone going on a forum sharing stuff they know is not meant for the public domain is not what Wilder or the scouting staff at the Lane would want, and I don't sit well with it on here, but I may be alone here. I do still find them interesting, don't get me wrong! We've only got a short window this summer, we won't have to wait long to see how things enfold.

As for WUM's posts, who knows whether there's any truth in the stuff he said that we've not heard previously but I really hope we won't be signing Zivkovic! If he is worth signing I'd like to think we'd have played him more to see how he copes with PL football. He played so little that surely Wilder wasn't impressed. We need better in my view, based on what little we've seen admittedly.

-Chris has made out that the budget will be significantly lower than originally thought to the media, however we will be spending big this summer I assure you; the coaching staff know we need more quality in the squad and I can see us potentially breaking the transfer record again, probably on a striker, but only if it’s a fair price-as always.

This is the one part that I am actually inclined to believe.

Whilst it does make sense that our budget really would be restricted, same as with most clubs at this time, there's literally no benefit to saying anything else, at least in public, as this gives us the best position to start bargaining from.

I seem to remember Wilder making the same kind of noises last summer about a modest budget, before breaking our transfer record multiple times. Of course you could argue that the fees themselves, McBurnie aside, were not huge sums and especially not for the Premier League, but speaking for myself i was pleasantly surprised with how much we invested, particularly when you add in the amount we spent on Berge in January when no-one reasonably thought we would get him.

In my opinion our spend definitely outstripped the ambition the club was publicly promoting, so I think keeping things low-key and getting our business done with minimum pomp and fuss is definitely the best option. It's just that when Wilder says there won't be any 'head-turning' signings, I don't completely believe him.. and i'm glad I don't.

Exactly. An option like him from the bench would have been useful for the run-in. He certainly did us no harm away at Chelsea or against Man U at home.

He had a hand in both goals at Stamford Bridge a bizarre move one that I did not understand at the time and still don't get it now when we had no real solid options on the bench.

-Doucouré at Watford is also being looked at for midfield, we’re wanting more depth in those positions particularly.

-I’ve been told that we’re close to putting a serious bid in for Alexander Isak at Real Sociedad, it will be a club record signing. Loren Moron also on the list, looks like we’ll be signing one striker from abroad and one from more familiar ground.
Think I'd shit my pants if we signed Isak..

I hoped for Isaklast summer, when he transfered for 10 million.
But the chances of him going now is miniscule. WUM had a good run, but now its done.

As much as Richard Cadette's posts were interesting and it was great to hear who we were after, I still think anyone going on a forum sharing stuff they know is not meant for the public domain is not what Wilder or the scouting staff at the Lane would want, and I don't sit well with it on here, but I may be alone here. I do still find them interesting, don't get me wrong! We've only got a short window this summer, we won't have to wait long to see how things enfold.

As for WUM's posts, who knows whether there's any truth in the stuff he said that we've not heard previously but I really hope we won't be signing Zivkovic! If he is worth signing I'd like to think we'd have played him more to see how he copes with PL football. He played so little that surely Wilder wasn't impressed. We need better in my view, based on what little we've seen admittedly.

Doesn't shut while October so not a short window

I know for a fact he’s spot on with Cabanga, unless they go up. More highly rated than Mc B’s (Rodon) mate by the staff, and younger.

-Eze is looking unlikely with other clubs swarming who are likely to be able to offer him more wages.

-Cabango looking more likely with Swansea getting knocked out last night. Same for Brewster.

-We’ve had a bid turned down for Isak but it was only to test the waters. Another will be submitted closer to the 30 million mark.

WUM.

I know for a fact he’s spot on with Cabanga, unless they go up. More highly rated than Mc B’s (Rodon) mate by the staff, and younger.
That's two Swansea centre-backs you've said we are signing in the last 10 days.

-Zivkovic staying, small fee approx 3.5 million.

as reported Jagielka has signed on for 1 more year.

Weekly Meeting - Brian Partridge - 'You cannot be serious?' - Rotary Club  of Gloucester Severn

Back
Top Bottom