summer (sort of) window

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Zivkovic i think looked promising in his cameos, other than the last game. It would be tough to judge him on that last 25 mins as they were all poor by that time.

No idea whether this fella is talking out of his arse, but Junior Stanislas is an interesting link.

He's had a lot of injury issues so probably would be one they'd look to get off their books and would be affordable. He'd provide some creative spark, but I don't think he plays RCM and wouldn't be someone you'd want to rely too heavily on.

No idea whether this fella is talking out of his arse, but Junior Stanislas is an interesting link.

He's had a lot of injury issues so probably would be one they'd look to get off their books and would be affordable. He'd provide some creative spark, but I don't think he plays RCM and wouldn't be someone you'd want to rely too heavily on.

Given how wide our RCM has been operating this year, and how much of a difference it makes if they can carry the ball, I wouldn't be averse to playing someone who's more of a winger in that slot. I'm not saying let's chase wingers, but I think it would bring more creativity as well as options for formation tweaks as games develop, and so if there's someone who is capable of winning the ball, closing down the opposition and linking up play, as well as beating a man and getting balls into the box, I'd be all for it. Whenever we go to a four-man defence, which is often our go to Plan B when chasing the game, our midfield looks incredibly narrow and non-threatening.

Given how wide our RCM has been operating this year, and how much of a difference it makes if they can carry the ball, I wouldn't be averse to playing someone who's more of a winger in that slot. I'm not saying let's chase wingers, but I think it would bring more creativity as well as options for formation tweaks as games develop, and so if there's someone who is capable of winning the ball, closing down the opposition and linking up play, as well as beating a man and getting balls into the box, I'd be all for it. Whenever we go to a four-man defence, which is often our go to Plan B when chasing the game, our midfield looks incredibly narrow and non-threatening.

I do wonder if Callum Robinson is capable of doing this role? Would love him to stay in some capacity as he seems such a positive lad to have around the dressing room. Stranger things have happended ...

Why would we? OP clearly says Stanislas for RCM, and Idah is a striker?
Idah is about 19 and Irish. Looks promising but Norwich will probably hold on to him and he will be looking to get more game time next season

I still don't get why we loaned Robinson out considering the lack of options on the bench for us.

Exactly. An option like him from the bench would have been useful for the run-in. He certainly did us no harm away at Chelsea or against Man U at home.

Stanislas plays on the left wing mate!
And surely Swift is coming in for the midfield role

Stanilas has played on the left wing.
Chris Basham has played Centre Mid. And Right Back.
If OP is in the know, he’s stated we’re bringing Stanilas in to play the RCM role. If Swift comes in, yes he will be for that role but if Lundstram is refusing to sign a new deal, don’t be surprised to see him leave this summer. That leaves just Swift for that position, with Berge and Norwood for the the CM role.

Stanilas has played on the left wing.
Chris Basham has played Centre Mid. And Right Back.
If OP is in the know, he’s stated we’re bringing Stanilas in to play the RCM role. If Swift comes in, yes he will be for that role but if Lundstram is refusing to sign a new deal, don’t be surprised to see him leave this summer. That leaves just Swift for that position, with Berge and Norwood for the the CM role.

OP says nothing about him coming in to play RCM.
But I like your reasoning. Hey maybe we are going to bring King in to play left back? You know seeing how Bash has played DM before 😁

-Doucouré at Watford is also being looked at for midfield, we’re wanting more depth in those positions particularly.

-I’ve been told that we’re close to putting a serious bid in for Alexander Isak at Real Sociedad, it will be a club record signing. Loren Moron also on the list, looks like we’ll be signing one striker from abroad and one from more familiar ground.

OP says nothing about him coming in to play RCM.
But I like your reasoning. Hey maybe we are going to bring King in to play left back? You know seeing how Bash has played DM before 😁

Excuse the quick edit, done on my phone, but OP literally says ‘for rcm’

046262FD-0449-4026-9FD8-524D74BE43E3.jpeg

-Doucouré at Watford is also being looked at for midfield, we’re wanting more depth in those positions particularly.

-I’ve been told that we’re close to putting a serious bid in for Alexander Isak at Real Sociedad, it will be a club record signing. Loren Moron also on the list, looks like we’ll be signing one striker from abroad and one from more familiar ground.

Ok now hold on... this has just gone from the sublime... no wait... the ridiculous to the even more ridiculous!!
Geor man! 😂

Alexander Isak, is a serious serious player. Would think theyd want in £40 Mill region though

Alexander Isak, is a serious serious player. Would think theyd want in £40 Mill region though
I wouldn’t say he’s a serious serious player, he’s good at the moment but definitely has a high ceiling. I can see his next move being 20-25 and the move after at 40+ depending on how long he stays at Sociedad. 9 goals in his debut season at laliga is pretty good though.

I was told that he was only behind Henderson on wages. I don't think his performances merit that.

He wasnt signed for 'performances' he was signed to be back up but more importantly to add his Premier League experience to the squad. O Connell has already said about how much he has learned from Jags

Has Zivkovic touched the ball in a real match?
He nearly ran on to a ball the other day but he was only going about half as fast as I expected! Think it was the defender that Sharp burned off!

Back
Top Bottom