Storm Eunice

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Went to asda about 7pm and my car door blew open with low to medium force.
Luckily my hand was ready, so I didn't suffer too badly.
Absolute sham that the government had no contingencies in place for events like this.
Home safely now but FUMING at these tory idiots!
You were very lucky.

Been a bit breezy for us southern softies today, here’s what’s left of my greenhouse…
All them bits wouldn’t make a greenhouse? The lawns blown over the fence into the neighbours and there’s only two pavers left of the new patio!

Anyone else getting the nasty whiff of ‘Insurance fraud?’ 😉

All them bits wouldn’t make a greenhouse? The lawns blown over the fence into the neighbours and there’s only two pavers left of the new patio!

Anyone else getting the nasty whiff of ‘Insurance fraud?’ 😉
If you look close, you can see the assembly instructions. He's got half way through and thought ' fuck it I'll claim'

Been a bit breezy for us southern softies today, here’s what’s left of my greenhouse…
On the bright side, the seed tray and 4” plant pot seem to have survived 🙂

Coincidentally, we’re part way through a new greenhouse installation. The frame is up and we’ve been waiting for a dry day as there some sealant involved, looks as though we’ve dodged a weather bullet and stacked glass is less at risk than a finished installation 🙂

We're in Herefordshire just outside of the Red Warning Zone, and it is all a bit pathetic. My kids' school even shut for the day just cos of a few twigs on the road.
Shortly after writing this the storm knocked out our internet connection, meaning i was unable to keep posting messages online about how the storm hadn't affected my life at all.

You lot up north have had it easy with Eunice. We’ve had the red weather warning down here in the south west and I’ve added a photo below of the destruction in my back garden.

Attachments

• 1CCBCB5E-EF29-4DD0-AC09-039C3D637B2A.jpeg
    1CCBCB5E-EF29-4DD0-AC09-039C3D637B2A.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 67

Torrential rain between now and kick off. Pitch must already be heavy. Surely raises doubts about game going ahead?

You lot up north have had it easy with Eunice. We’ve had the red weather warning down here in the south west and I’ve added a photo below of the destruction in my back garden.
Thoughts and prayers mate. Want us to clap for you at a particular minute today to show you're in our hearts?

At least the Swansea fans that have made the long journey to BDTBL have not had a wasteful journey like the Millwall fans have with their trip to Ewood Park been called off @ 2.15pm thanks to storm Eunice

So call me an old TV soap opera geek but did anyone else notice that storm Eunice was followed by storm Frederick. As any Corrie fan of the 80’s will tell you when Fred Gee married Eunice( I think maiden name was Nuttall) It was never going to end well….
The pub they were after was The Crown and Kettle, which to this day has a commemorative story on the wall.
What’s this got to do with United?. Well, I got bladdered in The Crown and Kettle before seeing us at the Ethihad..

Last edited:
So call me an old TV soap opera geek but did anyone else notice that storm Eunice was followed by storm Frederick. As any Corrie fan of the 80’s will tell you when Fred Gee married Eunice( I think maiden name was Nuttall) It was never going to end well….
The pub they were after was The Crown and Kettle, which to this day has a commemorative story on the wall.
What’s this got to do with United?. Well, I got bladdered in The Crown and Kettle before seeing us at the Ethihad..
Franklin, isn't it? Frederick in the States, I believe. You will be glad to know that there was a discussion in the Shoutbox as Storm Eunice raged on Friday about Fred and Eunice Gee, though.

Back
Top Bottom