Storm Eunice

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Isn't the bigger issue Swansea making it to Sheffield?

It's really bad down there, they've had structural damage to their stadium, no planes or trains running anywhere in Wales, both Severn bridges are closed.

Maybe they played it safe and came up yesterday but there's nothing to suggest they did.

EDIT - I missed posts on page 1 about this. Looks most likely they'll end up travelling early Saturday.
They traveled yesterday

Smaller ships - Mine Countermeasures Vessels and some patrol craft don't have stabilisers.

Anything above does though. They're okay, they work and they do attenuate the pitch, yaw and roll, provided the Officer of the Watch is on his/her game and know not to put the ship across the sea at low speeds.

Worst I have had is crossing from the Falklands to South Georgia in early 1994. Sixty, seventy foot swell from peak to trough in a 4200 Type 42 Destroyer. I've crossed Drake Passage a few times in HMS Endurance in 2005-2007 which is round-hulled and has no stabilisers, but a high-up 'Roll Reduction Tank' (which we had suspicions wasn't calibrated for the ships displacement, and the weather there simply does what the fuck it wants as it is the convergence of three transoceanic currents. Also was caught in a particularly nasty depression off Rockall in the destroyer in early 1995 where we were providing target calibration for the Victorious Class submarines. We turned back across the sea and the whole of the back end simply disappeared (according to the submarine captain watching on the targeting scope) under a vast wave which smashed the hangar door in and took the safely parked helicopter off its tethers into the front of the hangar and a member of the ships flight up one side of the hangar and down the other. Fortunately he managed to grab something before being swept out overboard, where we'd never have found him.

The weather = not to be fucked with

pommpey
Ok uncle Albert thanks for that

We're in Herefordshire just outside of the Red Warning Zone, and it is all a bit pathetic. My kids' school even shut for the day just cos of a few twigs on the road.
Came back from Worcestershire this morning. Wasn't very windy, in fact windiest it's been is just now in Sheffield.

Isn't the bigger issue Swansea making it to Sheffield?

It's really bad down there, they've had structural damage to their stadium, no planes or trains running anywhere in Wales, both Severn bridges are closed.

Maybe they played it safe and came up yesterday but there's nothing to suggest they did.

EDIT - I missed posts on page 1 about this. Looks most likely they'll end up travelling early Saturday.
Seen it. New development in 'fackin' Raaahanah' ... sorry 'Alver Valley'.

Sawdust and spit chuck ups

pommpey
How dare you make light of storm Eunuch.
my potted plants are over for the second time today.

I went to Ipswich in 1987 when Michael fish said we were due a stiff breeze .....

Ok uncle Albert thanks for that
Well, you've either 'done it', or you've sat masturbating onto your mum's Grattan catalogue pages, bursting your zits and rooering. All at the same time possibly in your case, Rodney.

pommpey

Last edited:
Saw title of thread and thought it was going to be that Oli Mcb had a new call girl. 🤷‍♂️

There was a game against Swansea where the whole of Wales was stuck in a snow-drift the length of Offa's Dyke; the team had made it as they presumably travelled up in advance but there were only about three fans in the away end.

Even though I can''t go tomorrow due to self-isolating, I hope it goes ahead because I doubt very much I'd be able to go to the rearranged game anyway.

Plenty of trees down around here but really shows how good our weather is in terms of extremes when this is as windy as it gets.

Been a bit breezy for us southern softies today, here’s what’s left of my greenhouse…

Attachments

• 1297ACF6-5FF1-42F1-8AB3-70A34A056887.jpeg
    1297ACF6-5FF1-42F1-8AB3-70A34A056887.jpeg
    226.7 KB · Views: 48
We had a ridge tile blown off. Heard it come rumbling over the roof, then saw it smash onto the patio, right where the dog usually lays if she's outside, which luckily she wasn't.

This was about the calm before the storm in 1987, Cardiacs having done a secret gig at the Bull & Gate the night before - they noticed how still everything was as they loaded up the van after the gig:

Went to asda about 7pm and my car door blew open with low to medium force.
Luckily my hand was ready, so I didn't suffer too badly.
Absolute sham that the government had no contingencies in place for events like this.
Home safely now but FUMING at these tory idiots!

Back
Top Bottom