Spanish Newspaper slags Blades over Brexit

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The other article a week or so ago, from Italy I recall, also pointed out our lack of foreign players but on that occasion it was been lauded. Now somehow, its seen as anti Brexit?! What a waste of an article!

Quite frankly, anyone hailing from a country that still gets misty-eyed over Franco and is among the most racist in Europe really has no place criticising the business practices of a moderately-sized football club from the north of England.

Maybe he'll feel a little better after his siesta.

Only a tiny minority get misty eyed about Franco usually those sad cunts in the Catholic church, with their filthy historical past in massively supporting him in the civil war.

On what possibly basis do you think Spain (with one of the highest % number of foreign residents) can be called 'one of the most racist country in Europe'?
Seriously curious .

Wow! I am very confused. I have had a look at the original article, and it is a genuine article in an old-fashioned Spanish newspaper (right-wing enough to have been approved of by Franco, published in Barcelona, and now also published in Catalan, the language of those who want to leave Spain...). Your version is then a very bad translation back into English... The first quote from Wilder could be genuine - preferring British players accustomed to a wet Tuesday evening in Bolton - did he say anything like that after the Bolton match? The jump to Brexit is then totally in the journalist's imagination -there is nothing at all actually said by Wilder. And then a quote from CW that in the Premier League we would need overseas players - again, has he actually said that.. Nothing particularly shocking in that. In the initial ramblings the journo writes of Burnley winning the League in 1960 under Jimmy Hogan; a remarkable achievement for a man who played for them between 1903-05.
If there's a conspiracy here, let's blame Carvalhal and his foreigners in S6...;)

Wow! I am very confused. I have had a look at the original article, and it is a genuine article in an old-fashioned Spanish newspaper (right-wing enough to have been approved of by Franco, published in Barcelona, and now also published in Catalan, the language of those who want to leave Spain...). Your version is then a very bad translation back into English... The first quote from Wilder could be genuine - preferring British players accustomed to a wet Tuesday evening in Bolton - did he say anything like that after the Bolton match? The jump to Brexit is then totally in the journalist's imagination -there is nothing at all actually said by Wilder. And then a quote from CW that in the Premier League we would need overseas players - again, has he actually said that.. Nothing particularly shocking in that. In the initial ramblings the journo writes of Burnley winning the League in 1960 under Jimmy Hogan; a remarkable achievement for a man who played for them between 1903-05.
If there's a conspiracy here, let's blame Carvalhal and his foreigners in S6...;)
No mention of Quali-eh and Appeh in the article, can't be Wilder Quotes.

And Wilder is continental, he drinks Peroneh

My Spanish is reasonably good and i can say that article is a steaming pile of shit from start to finish- totally disjointed and incoherent. It refers to Wilder as "Míster Brexit" (coach/boss/gaffer Brexit), although the article says they didn't know which way he voted on Brexit, but his manner of speaking would put him firmly in the 'leave' camp and our lack of foreign players makes us the epitome of Brexit (we're the only championship side with no foreigners apparently). Oh and their parting shot at the end of the article is a thinly-disguised implication that the Prince is linked to funding terrorism. Nice work!

They've failed to mention our other owner who until recently couldn't have been more European living in Brussels with his La Manga holiday home.

What about that then? Eh? Eh?

Yep, the journo has just taken that recent news item about us only having British and Irish players, and placed his own Brexit spin on it. His editor has obviously asked him to look for a Brexit angle. Its shoddy journalism at best - implying that Wilder is somehow pro-Brexit and anti-European. He's never spoken about Brexit in public, and to me its purely by chance that at the moment we have no European players in our squad. We have just come up from L1 which has far fewer international players. The stuff about the Prince is bollocks too. He isn't involved in the arms trade or terrorism as far as I know. You can't paint every Saudi national with the same brush. Our Prince strikes me a pretty liberal for a Saudi.

Some of the supposed Wilder quotes in there are comedy gold ... I don't know about other clubs poaching CW .. the Govt might try & pinch him for Foreign Secretary or Chief Brexit Negotiator

My Spanish is reasonably good and i can say that article is a steaming pile of shit from start to finish- totally disjointed and incoherent. It refers to Wilder as "Míster Brexit" (coach/boss/gaffer Brexit), although the article says they didn't know which way he voted on Brexit, but his manner of speaking would put him firmly in the 'leave' camp and our lack of foreign players makes us the epitome of Brexit (we're the only championship side with no foreigners apparently). Oh and their parting shot at the end of the article is a thinly-disguised implication that the Prince is linked to funding terrorism. Nice work!
You put it a little more strongly than I did! I am still not sure whether Wilder said either of the 2 quotes attributed to him, but they don't immediately ring untrue. Where the journalist is clever (and presumably totally dishonest) is in saying that that Wilder doesn't explain whether he voted for Brexit or not, implying that he was asked the question and is not prepared to answer it/has something to hide.I assume he has never been asked the question.

What a load of total bollox, we've got Donaldson who is some part Jamaican

enough to play for the national team (I don't know it'll be a parent i guess)

Seriously weird article but the Gibraltar/Franco bollocks up thread is well off track given that this is a Catalan paper.

Seriously weird article but the Gibraltar/Franco bollocks up thread is well off track given that this is a Catalan paper.
It's a bit more complicated than that. It is a Spanish language paper, published in Barcelona, authorised by Franco's regime, but now also published in Catalan. It is all over the place politically. The writer of this item is presumably left-wing, but as the Catalans are pressing to exit Spain, it seems strange that he should be quite so critical of Brexit. Apologies for the rambling...

It's a bit more complicated than that. It is a Spanish language paper, published in Barcelona, authorised by Franco's regime, but now also published in Catalan. It is all over the place politically. The writer of this item is presumably left-wing, but as the Catalans are pressing to exit Spain, it seems strange that he should be quite so critical of Brexit. Apologies for the rambling...

I'm assuming he's pro-cake, pro-eating it.

Espanyol is a Catalan club. They love Franco.

So there we have it.
Don't think many of their fans would describe themselves as Catalan. They see it as a club based in the Spanish city of Barcelona. In their current squad of 28 players, only 2 have Catalan surnames. An article about this in the Daily Express, perhaps...?

Back
Top Bottom