Someone to talk about Chengdu Blades?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chengdu Blades FC disbanded after the 2014 season. China lacked football soil, and few soccer-loving entrepreneurs invested money in football clubs. Sometimes the government would look for companies to invest in football, but entrepreneurs were all for profit, they would talk to the government about profit first, but the government's promises were often not fulfilled. Gradually no one invested in football.
In 2018, a new team called Chengdu Better City established. Its new name is Chengdu Rongcheng. They were 5th in 2022 Chinese super league.
So with the emergence of Chengdu Blades did it create a large following/interest of Sheffield United from the Chinese community and do they still hold an interest in us?

To be fair. McCabe was ahead of the game here. The Chinese superleague never took off though.
Only because their government killed it stone dead

They imposed a rule where the value of every transfer fee paid to a foreign club must be also paid into their FA/grassroots system basically. Mental.

My Mum bought me the red Chengdu shirt when it came out, it's somewhere in a storage bag in the house. I also went to see them when they played at the Lane, sat on the away end for the first and only time.

They imposed a rule where the value of every transfer fee paid to a foreign club must be also paid into their FA/grassroots system basically. Mental.
Chinese Football Association is really stupid. They only care about money and never do anything meaningful.

Chinese Football Association is really stupid. They only care about money and never do anything meaningful.
Real shame for you guys and your football fans. They screwed you over for what reason?

Saudi I feel are only doing what they're doing for the 2030 World Cup, it's unsustainable beyond that point.

My son is working in Chongqinq at the moment, and is going to Chengdu this weekend.

I mentioned Chengdu Blades in a Whatsapp to him yesterday, possibly the first time they've entered my consciousness in around 15 years, then this thread pops up.

Spooky.

Real shame for you guys and your football fans. They screwed you over for what reason?

Saudi I feel are only doing what they're doing for the 2030 World Cup, it's unsustainable beyond that point.
It is true that we should develop step by step instead of trying to reach the sky in one step

It is true that we should develop step by step instead of trying to reach the sky in one step
True. Can't afford to miss an opportunity like you had though in my opinion

My son is working in Chongqinq at the moment, and is going to Chengdu this weekend.

I mentioned Chengdu Blades in a Whatsapp to him yesterday, possibly the first time they've entered my consciousness in around 15 years, then this thread pops up.

Spooky.
Haha, trust science, it's just a coincidence.

isnt it a good thing that they want they wanted to be long term & make the national team much better. as they dominate alot of the sporting world. instead of having a high profile league but no chinese playing in it

Always wish I’d bought a Chengdu Blades kit when we were selling them around 06/07.

I was in Ecclesfield Take Away one Saturday evening and there was a box full of the red Chengdu Blades shirts on the floor. They were selling them for £2.50 each. I wish I’d bought more than just the one I got now. I bet they’ll be a niche collectors item at some point, if they aren’t already.

isnt it a good thing that they want they wanted to be long term & make the national team much better. as they dominate alot of the sporting world. instead of having a high profile league but no chinese playing in it
Not really no. Because it just stopped the growth of the league

Chengdu Blades FC disbanded after the 2014 season. China lacked football soil, and few soccer-loving entrepreneurs invested money in football clubs. Sometimes the government would look for companies to invest in football, but entrepreneurs were all for profit, they would talk to the government about profit first, but the government's promises were often not fulfilled. Gradually no one invested in football.
In 2018, a new team called Chengdu Better City established. Its new name is Chengdu Rongcheng. They were 5th in 2022 Chinese super league.
I love that shirt.

TBF I can see why Chengdu Better City didn't catch on.

Back
Top Bottom