Some of you should get real!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Silent Blade

Reaction score
We have made a solid start, only Liverpool have conceded less goals than us, we are on the same points as Man U, had someone told you before the start of the season that we would get 9 points from our first 8 games, you would have refused to believe it.

Wilder is still working on getting the right strike partnership so that we would get more goals but it is unfortunate that McGoldrick is currently injured and that Sharp got a 3 match ban. Dont you understand the term "work in progress"?

Some of you crying about us letting Duffy go. At the start of the season, every player in our squad is a squad player, so like a good manager, Wilder doesnt give guarantees to any of our player. Duffy ( influenced by his agent and his family) wanted to know how much playing time he would have and this was impossible for Wilder to give an estimation. Duffy then decided to go elsewhere!

People need to get their heads around the fact we are going to be in a relegation battle and that we are likely going to be in the bottom 3 at times this season.

It's been a fine start. I dread to think what the reaction will be like if/when we fall into the relegation zone.

It has been a good start you are correct and the way we have played in the games is the reason why a lot of people are reacting I believe. It's been disappointing we are so low down as we have matched every side we have played so far and haven't been out classed by anyone. I am frustrated at times with the fact that we aren't scoring goals and I don't see how people can't be we are more than holding our own in this league if the goals was a bit more free flowing we would be much higher than we are right now. Teams down the bottom are showing that anyone really can beat anyone on the day. Brighton won spurs wolves won man city newcastle won man u villa smashed 5 past Norwich all apart from possibly the villa result is a shock result for me but by them scoring anything can happen. We haven't been scoring so there for cant win matches it's as simple as that. I believe we will find the right front 2 and it will start to flow again it's just a matter of time but I hope its sooner rather than later we have some tough matches coming up now so could really be down in the mix in the next 4 matches or so hopefully we aren't and we pick up some points but we will have to see. I understand we are going to be fighting to stop up and I would be more than happy with just stopping up this season but surely it must be a concern that we aren't scoring. We just played rock bottom of the league with out a win all season and didn't get one clear cut chance. We dominated the play and the possession but couldn't turn it into a clear cut chance.

Agreed
We have made a solid start, only Liverpool have conceded less goals than us, we are on the same points as Man U, had someone told you before the start of the season that we would get 9 points from our first 8 games, you would have refused to believe it.

Wilder is still working on getting the right strike partnership so that we would get more goals but it is unfortunate that McGoldrick is currently injured and that Sharp got a 3 match ban. Dont you understand the term "work in progress"?

Some of you crying about us letting Duffy go. At the start of the season, every player in our squad is a squad player, so like a good manager, Wilder doesnt give guarantees to any of our player. Duffy ( influenced by his agent and his family) wanted to know how much playing time he would have and this was impossible for Wilder to give an estimation. Duffy then decided to go elsewhere!
I agree with this. But there aren’t many who aren’t more than satisfied, I reckon.

You get the attention seeking thread starters on social media, but they tend to be followed by 50 people destructing their argument, which actually gives them more oxygen.

It has been a good start you are correct and the way we have played in the games is the reason why a lot of people are reacting I believe. It's been disappointing we are so low down as we have matched every side we have played so far and haven't been out classed by anyone. I am frustrated at times with the fact that we aren't scoring goals and I don't see how people can't be we are more than holding our own in this league if the goals was a bit more free flowing we would be much higher than we are right now. Teams down the bottom are showing that anyone really can beat anyone on the day. Brighton won spurs wolves won man city newcastle won man u villa smashed 5 past Norwich all apart from possibly the villa result is a shock result for me but by them scoring anything can happen. We haven't been scoring so there for cant win matches it's as simple as that. I believe we will find the right front 2 and it will start to flow again it's just a matter of time but I hope its sooner rather than later we have some tough matches coming up now so could really be down in the mix in the next 4 matches or so hopefully we aren't and we pick up some points but we will have to see. I understand we are going to be fighting to stop up and I would be more than happy with just stopping up this season but surely it must be a concern that we aren't scoring. We just played rock bottom of the league with out a win all season and didn't get one clear cut chance. We dominated the play and the possession but couldn't turn it into a clear cut chance.

We have had a better start than Newcastle, Brighton and Villa, all who you mention in your post. We've also played teams currently sitting in 1st, 4th, 5th and 6th and have conceded less goals than anyone but Liverpool.

Everyone knows where we can improve but let's not overlook what we have achieved. We've given ourselves a solid foundation to survive.

It baffles me how quickly some people have started questioning Wilder’s formation, tactics and transfer acumen. This is a guy who’s won 3 promotions in the last 4 seasons and is the current LMA Manager of the Year yet seeming some people on here know better.

And out tacticed the guy who'd just picked up EUFA's coach of the year award which didn't even last 90 minutes.

Unrealistic expectations by far too many Blades. As much as we all want to play amazing football week in week out it’s not going to happen in a tough league. We need to hang on in this year and build thereafter.

Sand needs to be removed from fannies ASAP.
I think us playing our next game last and unexpected wins for Brighton, Wolves and Newcastle has increased the friction.

We have had a better start than Newcastle, Brighton and Villa, all who you mention in your post. We've also played teams currently sitting in 1st, 4th, 5th and 6th and have conceded less goals than anyone but Liverpool.

Everyone knows where we can improve but let's not overlook what we have achieved. We've given ourselves a solid foundation to survive.

Where's graph?

I understand where you are coming from and I agree. We have made a solid start i am not at all trying to slag us down or anything I am just saying it is a little frustrating to see we aren't taking our chances as well as we know we can do. The point you make about conceding less than liverpool is backing up what I was saying we have matched every team we have played so far all over the pitch we just simply need to find a front 2 that can take there chances when they fall to them. And I know we have started better than all the teams mentioned that's why I used them to back my point up of if we take our chances no one is unbeatable in this league if we take chances the teams I mentioned all beat well established top of the prem sides. We could be a hell of a lot higher up the table had we taken these chances we have had some golden opportunities but just haven't managed to put them away. I am really happy with the results we have had so far and wouldn't want to put any players under the bus but for me as it stands the front 2 aren't clicking together and we haven't got time to stick at it as we need all the points we can get.

There is no harm in pointing out that we should’ve picked up more points already

It’s also reasonable to suggest that with a few tweaks yesterday we’d have beaten Watford. A side only intent on catching us on the break

These are just two comments from the LMA manager of the season

There is no harm in pointing out that we should’ve picked up more points already

It’s also reasonable to suggest that with a few tweaks yesterday we’d have beaten Watford. A side only intent on catching us on the break

The real fannies are those who can't accept that we aren't a perfect team and Wilder isn't perfect. He'll know as well as anyone that we should be doing better.

'Errgh, you can't have a go, we were in League One three years ago.'

Fucking grow a pair.

Positives
We’ve matched every single team we’ve played this season home and away. It wasn’t like that in 2007 when in away matches we are often under the cosh.
We’ve got one of the best defences in the league with the only goals we’ve conceded generally being really poor individual mistakes.

Negatives
We don’t concede many chances but we’re not creating many chances either.
Spent 45 million on transfers and none of them (apart from possibly Mousett) look up to it yet.
None of our strike options have impressed yet.......it’s possible that our best 2 might still be last seasons old timers of McGoldrick and Sharp.

Think we should be on more points and don’t think our start has been that good....just average/ decent and I’m hoping for better.
Still think we’ll finish just below middle....don’t think we’ll be anywhere near relegation most of the season.
Agree with the others....it’s been a brilliant ride so far....Wilder and the players will always win my patience and full support.

I watched the Watford game in full yesterday.....agree we hardly created a single clear chance.
However I felt proud watching our team dominate an away match in the PL with Watford sat back almost “parking the bus” for long spells.
It just shows how far we’ve come when away teams are treating us like a Liverpool or Man City.
There was a 20 minute spell towards the end of the 2nd half where Watford pushed forward more and the game then became even.
I kept thinking we never played anything like this with slick passing possession football, the last time we were in the PL.

Last edited:

Bang on swizzler. If Wilder says where our shortfalls are it’s ok but when a fan on a message board says the exact same thing they get berated and a lot of bollocks for it, it’s all a bit look at me and pathetic to be honest.

Haven’t seen much criticism of the team or Wilder myself. Couple of questions regarding our potency but that’s about it. Nothing over the top as far as I can see, just fans discussing how the team and management are shaping up.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

We’re victims of our own success. When we got promoted to the championship people like me were cautious and said it would be difficult. As it turned out, it was pretty straightforward. So it’s not surprising that some people expect us to find the PL just as straightforward.

Should we be discussing our form, our players, our hopes and fears? Yes, that’s what a message board is about. Should we be slating players, making snap judgements based on a few games, calling each other twats when we disagree, convincing ourselves that we really know more than the professionals and if they just did what we think they should everything will be alright? No, probably not.

Some sympathies with the OP but we can't keep resting on our laurels and saying we are better than we were a year or two ago so everything is fine.

Villa, Brighton, Newcastle, Burnley and Palace all had a go this weekend, scored goals and won, we didn't against the weakest team in the league and just fannied about and were slow and toothless up front thinking possession wins applause.

CW needs to learn you have to carry an offensive threat to stay up in the Prem, paying too much respect to the opposition like yesterday instead of giving them something to worry about yourselves doesn't work, we saw that with Warnock.

I agree with all you say SB. However to say that we are ‘crying’ about Duffy going is a bit much. Duffy, in my eyes was extremely instrumental in the success we have had in the last 3 seasons. We have lost his influence in making things happen. He was wrong in his approach for whatever he wanted but that doesn’t mean that he would not have been effective in making things happen in the attack. So, a lot of us are not crying but are thinking that he may well be the answer to our limited attacking results. Even though his approach to CW was misguided at best and downright stupid at worst, he could still be extremely useful.

I think us playing our next game last and unexpected wins for Brighton, Wolves and Newcastle has increased the friction.

Then people need to realise that as long as we get to the 40 point-ish mark it matters not whether other teams all win in the same weekend.

I know we don’t want to get dragged into the mire early on and we’ve succeeded so far, however we’ll be in the shit at some point. If we get 9 points from every 8 games we’ll have around 42/43 points. More than enough.

Back
Top Bottom