Some of you should get real!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We have made a solid start, only Liverpool have conceded less goals than us, we are on the same points as Man U, had someone told you before the start of the season that we would get 9 points from our first 8 games, you would have refused to believe it.

Wilder is still working on getting the right strike partnership so that we would get more goals but it is unfortunate that McGoldrick is currently injured and that Sharp got a 3 match ban. Dont you understand the term "work in progress"?

Some of you crying about us letting Duffy go. At the start of the season, every player in our squad is a squad player, so like a good manager, Wilder doesnt give guarantees to any of our player. Duffy ( influenced by his agent and his family) wanted to know how much playing time he would have and this was impossible for Wilder to give an estimation. Duffy then decided to go elsewhere!
Well said that man 👍🏻

I understand where you are coming from and I agree. We have made a solid start i am not at all trying to slag us down or anything I am just saying it is a little frustrating to see we aren't taking our chances as well as we know we can do. The point you make about conceding less than liverpool is backing up what I was saying we have matched every team we have played so far all over the pitch we just simply need to find a front 2 that can take there chances when they fall to them. And I know we have started better than all the teams mentioned that's why I used them to back my point up of if we take our chances no one is unbeatable in this league if we take chances the teams I mentioned all beat well established top of the prem sides. We could be a hell of a lot higher up the table had we taken these chances we have had some golden opportunities but just haven't managed to put them away. I am really happy with the results we have had so far and wouldn't want to put any players under the bus but for me as it stands the front 2 aren't clicking together and we haven't got time to stick at it as we need all the points we can get.

16 points would not be unjustified.

Relegation would be poor, top six would be fucking incredible, mid table would be great. Two points from relegation after 8 games is satisfactory, I'm happy with how we're doing.
Well.said
I wouldn't read too much into what some of the arseholes on here say they are not representative of our fan base
Just trousers round ankles keyboard protagonists

There is no harm in pointing out that we should’ve picked up more points already

It’s also reasonable to suggest that with a few tweaks yesterday we’d have beaten Watford. A side only intent on catching us on the break

These are just two comments from the LMA manager of the season
Why should we have picked up more points ?
How ?

We’ve matched every single team we’ve played this season home and away.

Sick of hearing this shite.

If we'd matched every team we'd played we'd be on 8 points from 8 draws.

We were better than Palace and Everton and worse than Leicester, Southampton and Liverpool.

Why should we have picked up more points ?
How ?

One Leicester goal should have been ruled out by VAR.

Penalty against Southampton for hand ball - ok we'd need to score it.

Henderson guff with his legs against Liverpool.

Yesterday Watford were there for the taking.

That's five possible.

It’s a work in progress. We’ve stepped up a level and the difference in quality is obvious.

Any points we pick up in this league, especially away from home are not to be sniffed at. 13th place and 9 points is fine by me. If we finish 17th and stay up on goal difference then that’s a good season in my book.

Watching us chuck goals in our own net has been disappointing, as has seeing Robinson & McBurnie, £26m worth of striker, get off to a pedestrian start. By all means discuss the games, what we think works and what doesn’t, that’s football. However, it’s idiocy to write players off after less than 10 games.

This team will grow in stature as the season goes on, I’ve no doubt about that. We’ve adapted well to life in the Premier League. It’s worth noting that the pundits on MOTD last night were complementary re our start to the season.

It baffles me how quickly some people have started questioning Wilder’s formation, tactics and transfer acumen. This is a guy who’s won 3 promotions in the last 4 seasons and is the current LMA Manager of the Year yet seeming some people on here know better.
wind your neck in mate :D .. that’s what this forum is for.. we can all speculate how we can improve things but noone is seriously questioning Wilder.. wtf do ‘we’ know?

That's five possible.
key word there is possible
Do you want me to reel off the missed chances teams have had against us ?

Cudda wudda shudda

Also can you please explain to me how a team that had 9 men defending their penalty box and never gave us a sniff were there for the taking ?
Bearing in mind they missed three gilt edges chances

key word there is possible
Do you want me to reel off the missed chances teams have had against us ?

Cudda wudda shudda

Also can you please explain to me how a team that had 9 men defending their penalty box and never gave us a sniff were there for the taking ?
Bearing in mind they missed three gilt edges chances

They were far more vulnerable than Everton ever were.

That's five possible.

Well if you're operating on shoulds then...

Mane should have scored when he was clean through in the first half. Mane should have scored when he hit the post. Salah should have scored when he was one on one with Henderson. Liverpool should have had a penalty when Lundstram fouled Mane in the box. Liverpool should have won 0-5.

See how daft it is?

Mane should have scored when he was clean through in the first half. Mane should have scored when he hit the post. Salah should have scored when he was one on one with Henderson. Liverpool should have had a penalty when Lundstram fouled Mane in the box. Liverpool should have won 0-5.

See how daft it is?

We're not being daft at all, we're being measured

Then people need to realise that as long as we get to the 40 point-ish mark it matters not whether other teams all win in the same weekend.

I know we don’t want to get dragged into the mire early on and we’ve succeeded so far, however we’ll be in the shit at some point. If we get 9 points from every 8 games we’ll have around 42/43 points. More than enough.
I know mate, totally agree. To be honest I was was just trying to lighten it up a bit with the sand in the fanny comment (increasing the friction). I’ve given up on trying to be logical for today.

Any bets against a ‘Wilder’s got 4 games to sort it!’ thread or ‘BOTTLERS!’ revisited If we ever slip into the bottom 3?

Sick of hearing this shite.

If we'd matched every team we'd played we'd be on 8 points from 8 draws.

We were better than Palace and Everton and worse than Leicester, Southampton and Liverpool.

If only it was that simple...using your theory Wolves must now be one of the best teams in world football beating Man City a few hours ago.
My point was all our games have been competitive/ at worse pretty even home and away.
Either we’re a very good team or many of the teams in the PL are very average and over rated.
Based on what I’ve seen of this league...we’ve win a few, draw a few and lose a few....think we have a really good chance of staying up.

See how daft it is?

The fairest method is probably using the XG rating, which showed that Liverpool were slightly better then us (regards chances).
As Klopp said he wouldn’t have complained about a draw but if any team deserved to win, then it was Liverpool.
I agree, those saying we could have won are being a bit biased, it’s more of we had a great chance of a draw but I also think Liverpool edged it.

People need to get their heads around the fact we are going to be in a relegation battle and that we are likely going to be in the bottom 3 at times this season.

It's been a fine start. I dread to think what the reaction will be like if/when we fall into the relegation zone.
I think this is one of the most negative and unrealistic opinions I have read so far this season in Rogbiv's "View From"!!

The fairest method is probably using the XG rating, which showed that Liverpool were slightly better then us (regards chances).
As Klopp said he wouldn’t have complained about a draw but if any team deserved to win, then it was Liverpool.
I agree, those saying we could have won are being a bit biased, it’s more of we had a great chance of a draw but I also think Liverpool edged it.

In the past two matches there has been five gilt-edged chances missed against us. Three for Liverpool and two for Watford.

In the same two matches we've only created one good goalscoring opportunity which was Fleck's run and delayed shot against Liverpool.

All in all I think we've been fortunate to come away with a point from the two fixtures.

i like having a safety net. because we are 2pts above relegation zone , we play last if hypothetically Everton win, Newcastle nick a point. Southampton win & man utd get miracle take a point. all of sudden we ate 17th only out of relegation zone on GD. & having to get a result v Arsenal instead of it being a nice bonus or free hit. i know we are in surival i known it from preseason & every point is precious as we need to put off getting dragged in for as long as possible

i believe after today's result. only everton & watford have scored less. the problem which is more players than managerial. because he is doing a cracking job. But we are we creating loads not being clinical or not creating anything.

We have made a solid start, only Liverpool have conceded less goals than us, we are on the same points as Man U, had someone told you before the start of the season that we would get 9 points from our first 8 games, you would have refused to believe it.

Wilder is still working on getting the right strike partnership so that we would get more goals but it is unfortunate that McGoldrick is currently injured and that Sharp got a 3 match ban. Dont you understand the term "work in progress"?

Some of you crying about us letting Duffy go. At the start of the season, every player in our squad is a squad player, so like a good manager, Wilder doesnt give guarantees to any of our player. Duffy ( influenced by his agent and his family) wanted to know how much playing time he would have and this was impossible for Wilder to give an estimation. Duffy then decided to go elsewhere!
Well said. Good to have a bit of perspective on things. Wilder wants more, which is as it should be. In the grand scheme of things (i.e. many years of underperforming) it is quite something for us to have competed in 8 games, to have the second best defensive record in the PL, and to have the most points of the promoted clubs. It could all go wrong, but let’s enjoy the moment, and leave CW/AK to do the worrying.

Only us, Liverpool and Leicester have yet to lose by more than one goal so far this season.

Positives
We’ve matched every single team we’ve played this season home and away. It wasn’t like that in 2007 when in away matches we are often under the cosh.
We’ve got one of the best defences in the league with the only goals we’ve conceded generally being really poor individual mistakes.

Negatives
We don’t concede many chances but we’re not creating many chances either.
Spent 45 million on transfers and none of them (apart from possibly Mousett) look up to it yet.
None of our strike options have impressed yet.......it’s possible that our best 2 might still be last seasons old timers of McGoldrick and Sharp.

Think we should be on more points and don’t think our start has been that good....just average/ decent and I’m hoping for better.
Still think we’ll finish just below middle....don’t think we’ll be anywhere near relegation most of the season.
Agree with the others....it’s been a brilliant ride so far....Wilder and the players will always win my patience and full support.

I watched the Watford game in full yesterday.....agree we hardly created a single clear chance.
However I felt proud watching our team dominate an away match in the PL with Watford sat back almost “parking the bus” for long spells.
It just shows how far we’ve come when away teams are treating us like a Liverpool or Man City.
There was a 20 minute spell towards the end of the 2nd half where Watford pushed forward more and the game then became even.
I kept thinking we never played anything like this with slick passing possession football, the last time we were in the PL.
I agree with much of that .

Howerever, "It just shows how far we’ve come when away teams are treating us like a Liverpool or Man City.". Id say even more so when home sides are treating us like that as in yesterday.

Lundstram though, Lundstum is this the best we can do. ;)

UTB.

The problem is we are so used to winning all the time, I blame Wilder for getting us to a League were this is not so possible.

The Wendy fans have the best idea. living in La La land, dreaming of when they, are/might/could/should, be here as promised for the last 4 years by their Tunaship.

Well said. Good to have a bit of perspective on things. Wilder wants more, which is as it should be. In the grand scheme of things (i.e. many years of underperforming) it is quite something for us to have competed in 8 games, to have the second best defensive record in the PL, and to have the most points of the promoted clubs. It could all go wrong, but let’s enjoy the moment, and leave CW/AK to do the worrying.
Nothing wrong with Wilder thinking that we should have had more. We should swear and die with CWAK's decisions

Ahh but you forget something. If you perpetually moan and complain and question it shows that you expect better and as such are a better blade. Only at S2 are we happy with mid table mediocrity. Fuck the stats that say we have one of the best defences in the league. It’s a fluke. We are getting carved open and only the terminally stupid can’t see that!

On the other hand you may have a point and some people need to actually start enjoying being in the best league we can compete in. In fact we are not being outplayed by anyone. I was told to expect feeling out of our depth and being stuffed week in week out. It hasn’t happened. I happen to think a point away at Watford is a good thing but hey, what the fuck do I know? All this bollocks about being lucky against Everton? WTF is that? Weren’t we equally unlucky against Southampton when we didn’t get a handball and we were undone by VAR.
I have watched enough football to know I am proud of this team and they are doing better than most expected. A point at Chelsea? Winning at Everton? Unbeaten away from home still? Giving the European Champions a real test? Fucking get in.

I understand where you are coming from and I agree. We have made a solid start i am not at all trying to slag us down or anything I am just saying it is a little frustrating to see we aren't taking our chances as well as we know we can do. The point you make about conceding less than liverpool is backing up what I was saying we have matched every team we have played so far all over the pitch we just simply need to find a front 2 that can take there chances when they fall to them. And I know we have started better than all the teams mentioned that's why I used them to back my point up of if we take our chances no one is unbeatable in this league if we take chances the teams I mentioned all beat well established top of the prem sides. We could be a hell of a lot higher up the table had we taken these chances we have had some golden opportunities but just haven't managed to put them away. I am really happy with the results we have had so far and wouldn't want to put any players under the bus but for me as it stands the front 2 aren't clicking together and we haven't got time to stick at it as we need all the points we can get.
My point earlier on the shoutbox was that sometimes it’s difficult to make out who is genuinely concerned about our performance and someone making a smart arse windup comment - perhaps my comments could have been put a bit better, and I apologise if they caused offence.

Back
Top Bottom