Slave OUT Wilder IN

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Agree with the OP,
So let’s get this right. You want the bloke who spent millions on McB , Brewster, etc etc.to come back. ? To do what ? Continue the last 18 months of garbage ? Seriously the issue we now have is his. New manager needs 2 more windows to sort this out. Brilliant he was for a long time but come on let’s get him back ….. He’s free for a reason.

I think the OP is saying lets have the bloke back who took us from a third tier joke, where we'd been for 5 years, up two divisions, to being in with a realistic punt at Champions League until covid struck. CW was a bloke who actually gave a f**k about the club and made sure his teams gave everything on the park, unlike the current muppet, whose team give have hearted performances before scurrying off down the tunnel.

Wilder's reign was undone by a triple whammy, first and foremost no fans in the ground, then losing Henderson and finally O'Connell. The season we had last season wouldn't have happened without covid and I'm basing that on what happened in the previous four seasons.

He got us promoted from this division.
he also got us back here and rather than stay he walked out the back door after being given funds that no other Blades manger ever had also did a press conference where he was planted a question by Gids asking about his contract which had another 2 years to run when we were at the bottom of the league

Wilder wouldn’t come back, not with the current set up, all the Premier league money pissed away on players who can’t even force their way into the starting eleven…….notwithstanding that he’s responsible for the situation, give him some credit, he’s not a fucking idiot.

Be like Osama Bin Laden rebuilding the twin towers 🙄

Agree with the OP,

I think the OP is saying lets have the bloke back who took us from a third tier joke, where we'd been for 5 years, up two divisions, to being in with a realistic punt at Champions League until covid struck. CW was a bloke who actually gave a f**k about the club and made sure his teams gave everything on the park, unlike the current muppet, whose team give have hearted performances before scurrying off down the tunnel.

Wilder's reign was undone by a triple whammy, first and foremost no fans in the ground, then losing Henderson and finally O'Connell. The season we had last season wouldn't have happened without covid and I'm basing that on what happened in the previous four seasons.
Also by a complete stubbornness to try anything different when it plainly wasn’t working and a rush to get out the back door (how many resignations did he tender before it was accepted?) when he knew he’d fucked up.
Slav is basically trying to do a rescue job like CW had to when he first arrived. I’m sure I recall a few in here asking for CW to go after and handful of games saying it was too big for him.
He’s gone, he fucked up, we are now fucked up because of his legacy. No one can turn this around in one season so give Slav some time. If he (as a reasonably successful Championship manager) is struggling, who the fuck do people think will do better?

Utter dross from this team Slav doesn’t have a scooby

Would genuinely get Wilder back tommorow he’s the best manager in this league by a mile so get him back

This will never happen in a million years but it should the present manager has been left with a load of dross worth fuck all but costing over 110 million
Numpty

Agree with the OP,

First paragraph ok
Second paragraph what a load of bollocks

First paragraph ok
Second paragraph what a load of bollocks

Wilder came unstuck by a number of things yes he was stubborn and lost his head

However that doesn’t take away from the fact he is one of the best managers in the UK

If the prince and CW could put aside there differences then he should come back tommorow

That is dreamland though

Bloody hell move on the bloke legged it couldn’t get away quick enough.

4 great years. Last one was one of if not the worst in Blades history. Left the next manager with a dead beat squad and not a pot to piss in.

Wilder came unstuck by a number of things yes he was stubborn and lost his head

However that doesn’t take away from the fact he is one of the best managers in the UK

If the prince and CW could put aside there differences then he should come back tommorow

That is dreamland though

The job offers haven’t been rolling in for one of the best in the UK.

Agree with the OP,

How's having fans in working this season?
Another Wilder excuse full of shit

The job offers haven’t been rolling in for one of the best in the UK.

You are Correct and that in itself is utterly insane

Nearly won the LMA manager of the year two years in a row and then it all fell apart due to numerous reasons

6 months doesn’t define a manager/career as moyes is now proving at West Ham

I would argue it’s a disgrace that managers like Howe/wilder scrape around for jobs when viera/lampard walk into jobs because of there career

You are Correct and that in itself is utterly insane

Nearly won the LMA manager of the year two years in a row and then it all fell apart due to numerous reasons

6 months doesn’t define a manager/career as moyes is now proving at West Ham

I would argue it’s a disgrace that managers like Howe/wilder scrape around for jobs when viera/lampard walk into jobs because of there career

Or, owners watched Wilders behaviour whilst struggling and got the barge pole out.

He’s talking PL jobs but l’d guess he’s not really accepting that’s likely at the moment. Be some jobs available at the bigger clubs in this division and below but his big spending here won’t have done him a lot of good.

He’s destined to be a Warnock at best, the way things are.

Can you please explain to me why it’s silly ? I bet you can’t

Silly
Wilder's gone, with x million of the Club's money. He spent , what 80 million or 120 million? on buying in players who have consistently underperformed for us, and the result of his dealings in the market are a team of under - achievers on inflated salaries. We are down near the bottom of the Championship with virtually his squad of players. Look at the facts man. Yes he got us up from Division z to the Premier and did a good job but he ran out of ideas and virtually was in a higher echelon then he was qualified to be. Lets get behind Slav and give it a go.

Agree with the OP,

You talk about that triple whammy like Wilder had no control over it. Granted he didn’t on the first but on the other two he did.

Or, owners watched Wilders behaviour whilst struggling and got the barge pole out.

He’s talking PL jobs but l’d guess he’s not really accepting that’s likely at the moment. Be some jobs available at the bigger clubs in this division and below but his big spending here won’t have done him a lot of good.

He’s destined to be a Warnock at best, the way things are.

Deary me there are some terrible terrible takes regarding wilder

My take is he is the best manager this club has ever had and he is one of the best British managers in the game up there with Rogers/moyes/potter/dych etc

Brendan Rogers was sacked @ Liverpool he still did a fantastic job there
David moyes was sacked @ Man Utd & Sunderland etc…

One poor run of results doesn’t define a manager like the 6 months wilder had here

Who are you?
Your either Wilder or some relative, weird

I just want what’s best for the super blades

If we got wilder back tommorow we would be in a better position going forward than if Slav was in charge Tuesday

That is a FACT

Wilder's gone, with x million of the Club's money. He spent , what 80 million or 120 million? on buying in players who have consistently underperformed for us, and the result of his dealings in the market are a team of under - achievers on inflated salaries. We are down near the bottom of the Championship with virtually his squad of players. Look at the facts man. Yes he got us up from Division z to the Premier and did a good job but he ran out of ideas and virtually was in a higher echelon then he was qualified to be. Lets get behind Slav and give it a go.

Chris wilder bought in those players for the future such as bogle/Brewster/Mcburnie/Berge

Chris wilder isn’t in charge at the moment so he can’t play them

He didn’t run out of ideas the premier league is the hardest league in the world

It was mixture of poor signings / no fans / teams figuring us out and wilder not changing

Deary me there are some terrible terrible takes regarding wilder

My take is he is the best manager this club has ever had and he is one of the best British managers in the game up there with Rogers/moyes/potter/dych etc

Brendan Rogers was sacked @ Liverpool he still did a fantastic job there
David moyes was sacked @ Man Utd & Sunderland etc…

One poor run of results doesn’t define a manager like the 6 months wilder had here
I think alot of fans, me included are rightfully left with a sour taste of Wilder.

No doubt he's up there with the best the club has ever had and I agree he's an incredible manager but I'm not sure I could call last seasons antics a "poor run of results"

The lack of fans was shit, every other club thought so too, they got on and dealt with it. As been said above, he made some very poor signings, spunked money and became very stubborn. There was a very small amount of Blades that wanted him out but I would wager if he had said "you know what, I fucked up last season but I'm going to stay" instead of taking his cash and running then pretty much all of us would have backed him this season.

Slav inherited a team completely deflated and with no confidence amongst all the other reasons mentioned I think we can give him a little bit more than less than half a pissing season before calling for his job.

I just want what’s best for the super blades

If we got wilder back tommorow we would be in a better position going forward than if Slav was in charge Tuesday

That is a FACT

It’s not a fact. It’s your fantasy. Up there with Rogers, jeez.

I’m not convinced you aren’t a wum or maybe someone who just enjoys being humiliated

Back
Top Bottom