Singing Section at the lane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were chants aimed at Swansea City, suggesting that they do naughty things to sheep - this, may I add was sung by the majority of the kop and other surrounding areas so it wouldn't be correct to blame gangway a!

Nobody's better than anyone else.

But those who vocally get behind the team are more effective 'supporters'. Not bigger and better Blades. I don'y see how that's debatable.

And considering what's classed as 'racist' these days it wouldn't surprise me if you did hear something 'outrageous'. Not that I was aware of anything. I'm just assuming it's total bullshit and an appalling attempt at giving those in Gangway A a bad reputation.

Now this was where GC came unstuck when he tried to be cute with the literal meaning of the word. Tell me how do the fans that have been going for many years and therefore "supporting" the club financially fit into this binary world of the A-Force. Surely they have supported the club just as much probably putting in many times the money that the A-force have into the coffers.

I think it's pretty obvious what is meant by 'support' - vocally getting behind the players on the pitch. Not that I'm taking anything away from those who have been going for years, who also used to be vocally supportive in the way we are now. But things change and now matchdays are different for them.

I think it's pretty obvious what is meant by 'support' - vocally getting behind the players on the pitch. Not that I'm taking anything away from those who have been going for years, who also used to be vocally supportive in the way we are now. But things change and now matchdays are different for them.

Indeed but this opinion that those that sing are superior and better fans is simply divisive and is happening just as the sceptical Blades suggested it would.

Creating a positive more vocal support - Good times
Creating and emphasising the impression of an elite, superior type of supporter - Bad Times.

More effective supporters of the team, yes. Better fans/bigger Blades, no.

It won't do us any good at all if the attitude you talk about is prominent but to say there were probably 200 there on Saturday, very few of them criticised other fans. Whether that's an accurate indication of how many do/don't have that attitude I'm not sure.

I think my issue with it comes from the likes of Dar, GC and BM1889 who seem to be pushing this opinion. What is worrying is that if the organisers have this attitude then it does become the norm.

I don't think anyone on here has said there is anything wrong with those guys going up on A Block and singing all game in support of the team. It's the rest of it that concerns folk.

To be honest I've not read/heard many attitudes so far that could be detrimental to our chances of achieving our aims.

So to recap BM1889, you don't know them all personally but can say there isn't anyone in there that would make a racist comment. But I can't read threads with racial comments about a referee of Asian decent calling off a game "because it's too cold for him", or an Asian wednesadyite asked "if you are on here who is running the shop" and say I wouldn't put it past them?

Finally if you look at lot of the threads over there and particularly GC's comments on here (until he went into hiding following his "evidence" getting found out for bullshit) about you been better supporters and better fans.

Nobody made racist comments on Saturday on Gangway A nor did they at the Coventry match. It's as simple as that, yet you're basically labelling us as racists based on some threads which I've never seen. Where is 'there'? Where have I said or implied I'm a better supporter? Again, stop making ridiculous presumptions because you're getting shown up now. No evidence and clearly no common sense.

Would you put racism past me because I sit on Gangway A? And whilst we're at that, why don't you try telling me my age, IQ, interests and hobbies?

Well obviously we'll have to take your word for it that none one in the A-Force made any racist comments what so ever, so HH is obviously plain wrong and can't of heard anything.

We also have to take your word for it that not a single member of them have made racial comments ever in their lives again because you say so. Despite there being threads over on BM where they have, some of which have been edited by the Mods over there some of which (like the Peterboro ref comments) have not.

I never said every member of that group is a racist that's your own "teenage angst" crap which you are either too old for or need to grow up. Unless of course you can provide a link to me saying you are all racists.
In fact I said I fail to see what was racist in what HH posted but you were too busy to actually read that part.

This forum has had quite a few posters from BM coming over here and talking about the singing section. Most of which have having a go at fans who don't stand and sing, claiming they are bigger better fans and it is bollocks.

There are many idiots in our fan base if you honestly that the A-force is somehow immune to this you are being naive.

HH said he heard some racial chanting. I said I didn't think what he posted was racist but I wouldn't put it past them.

The BB got all hot under the collar about all members of the singing section being labelled as racist, yada yada yada.

There was no racist chanting. I can confirm that. From all I can see it was a piss poor attempt at giving those in Gangway A a bad reputation.

And there will be racists in every gangway so I don't see the need to even bring it up.

Exactly, but Bob decided he wouldn't be surprised if Gangway A were chanting racist songs and seems to want to believe it. I'm sure plenty more would confirm there was no racism if you don't want to take our word for it.

BTW I don't post on Blades-Mad so you're wrong with an assumption, again...becoming a theme this, isn't it? Seems like I'm being portrayed as a Blades-Mad posting, racist, arrogant, 'bigger Blade' by you yet all are false.

I wouldn't mind, but I actually did say in my rant that it was F & G where I heard it, seeing as we can't hear a thing from Gangway A over here. I then went on to say something about 'attitude by association', as I know that some of those who wanted to start the thing up are situated round where I am.

I have never said that there was any racist chanting from the designated area, nor has anyone. Why don't people read?

I thought the lads did very well against Cov. I didn't really notice them yesterday and assumed there was no singing section.

I wish the idea well. These lads are really enthusiastic and I hope the whole thing expands and we have The Lane rocking like we know it can.

I shall not be in the section but will join in loud and proud (and wearing Monty's shirt :)) from my non-singing seat!

I was sitting at the back of Gangway A on Saturday us older ones tried getting the Dale Cavese going the trouble was the young kids that weren't even there before kept speeding it up and making us sound out of tune which is why it never really took off on saturday.

It was really frustrating on saturday because we needed alot more older people with more powerful voices to make us heard all over the ground hopefully more older people will Join me & the rest of the lads.

So you are saying none of those people would make a racist chant or comment? We have many idiots as fans are you saying none of the A-Force would make a racial comment?
I've read a few of their posts about Mr Singh calling off the Peterbrough game or replies to the dickhead Sanjowl amongst others. You want shite how about this pile

All this "we are better fans" crap is the main issue with your little clan. You need to take your heads out of your arse and stop all this supercilious bollocks. Tell me are the club still against you? Are you better supporters?

What aload of bollocks you don't even know anyone on Gangway A no you don't so keep your pathetic comments to yourself.

I've not read anything about where the "singing section" is until this thread. I think there are many Blades who similarly wouldn't have a clue either. Now, I personally think the loudest bit of the Kop is, as you watch the game, the back left. But is this now the "A-Force" whereas in the past it was known as "a bit of the Kop that gets loud"? And what of the opposite corner - are they the "G-Force"? Google "G-Force" by the way, you'll either get some crappy cartoon or some bloody guniea pigs. Either of which make more sense than the "we sing so we're better than you" mob.

And where the hell are Hannibal and B.A.?

BTW I don't post on Blades-Mad so you're wrong with an assumption, again...becoming a theme this, isn't it? Seems like I'm being portrayed as a Blades-Mad posting, racist, arrogant, 'bigger Blade' by you yet all are false.
I never said you did post on Blades Mad so yet again you are making the assumption and as you say it's becoming a theme. I've never said you posted on BM, never said you were racist but you go right ahead thinking it all about you.

You said nobody from the singing section has claimed you are bigger fans that isn't true.

Also can you explain the "if your not going to sing fuck off home" chant. That does sound quite divisive and exactly the point people have been making in this thread.

What aload of bollocks you don't even know anyone on Gangway A no you don't so keep your pathetic comments to yourself.
Never said I knew them, I said I've read racist posts by some of the singing section and that my is quite true.

Thats told you Bob!
Indeed, it seems that way. What it is that I've been told however is a total fucking mystery to me. ;)
However if Dronny is who I think it is, he's another idiot who moans about the owners constantly and then doesn't go to the forum to put his opinion forward.

what a ridiculous thread ,sums everything that is wrong about our club at the moment

I never said you did post on Blades Mad so yet again you are making the assumption and as you say it's becoming a theme. I've never said you posted on BM, never said you were racist but you go right ahead thinking it all about you.

You said nobody from the singing section has claimed you are bigger fans that isn't true.

Also can you explain the "if your not going to sing fuck off home" chant. That does sound quite divisive and exactly the point people have been making in this thread.

Never said I knew them, I said I've read racist posts by some of the singing section and that my is quite true.

Indeed, it seems that way. What it is that I've been told however is a total fucking mystery to me. ;)
However if Dronny is who I think it is, he's another idiot who moans about the owners constantly and then doesn't go to the forum to put his opinion forward.

Why the f*ck would i take time of work to go to the fans forum and listen to Kevin McCabe talk through his rear end im sick & tired of him & his false promises, the reason i cannot stand Kevin McCabe is because he is not straight with us the fans he has been pulling the wool over fans for years.

I would like for him to prove me wrong and actually show some ambition for a change and back the manager! if he doesnt back Blackwell next season he will be under fire and rightly so.

Anyway who are these people who have supposedly posted racist comments on Bladesmad then eh? i would like you to back your claim up with some real evidence not just say so.

This is a touch off topic and hysterical.

One major reason to have gone would be to have been able to air your views to the man directly, as although there is a major feeling of apathy, a feeling I really feel myself, but I remember what things were like years ago. If you want Hinchliffe/Woolhouse/Brealey et al back, then be my fucking guest. Then you can moan.

There again, this thread is about the 'singing section', and its effect. Where I sit, on the opposite side of the Kop, where quite a few people were who wanted a singing section, many are sodding obnoxious.

I'll sing when I want to sing, thank you, and so will my children who have season tickets, and not the bloody cheap ones either.

Gentlemen.

Calm it down please. I understand some of you are new around here (or returning) but please have a read of the rules.

Any more and this thread will be locked.

Thank you.

I think Delia is getting soft in her old age! That was the slightest of chatisements. No whips, thumbscrews, lit matches under toe nails, chinese water torture, not even a wet willie.

I'd be very careful though all you newbies. Don't be poking the sleeping tigress with any more sticks! :D

what a ridiculous thread ,sums everything that is wrong about our club at the moment

Sit on B-Block, no racist chanting, didn't hear "If you don't sing then fuck off home", lot of bollocks on this thread for no apparent reason.

Why the f*ck would i take time of work to go to the fans forum and listen to Kevin McCabe talk through his rear end im sick & tired of him & his false promises, the reason i cannot stand Kevin McCabe is because he is not straight with us the fans he has been pulling the wool over fans for years.

I would like for him to prove me wrong and actually show some ambition for a change and back the manager! if he doesnt back Blackwell next season he will be under fire and rightly so.

Anyway who are these people who have supposedly posted racist comments on Bladesmad then eh? i would like you to back your claim up with some real evidence not just say so.

As racist comment have to be removed by the mods how do you expect me to provide links?
Just so that I can see if you would blatantly lie to prove your point, are you saying that there way no "who's looking after the shop" comment on there to and owl of obvious Asian origin?
Also there was no comment of the Peterborough game being called off because the ref was Asian and he called it off because of the cold?

Incidentally do you actually have any idea what my position has been on the standing section, have you even read this thread?

I'd just like to see how far you'd go to prove a point.

Sit on B-Block, no racist chanting, didn't hear "If you don't sing then fuck off home", lot of bollocks on this thread for no apparent reason.

That chant wouldn't be racist anyway, divisive but not racist.

Thread closed.

I'm a bit fed up of the "what a load of bollocks", "you're talking crap" style posts. The rules you signed up to state that you should act respectfully when countering opinions that differ to your own.

Do feel free to open a new thread to discuss this topic. By all means, I'm not stopping you. I just feel that this thread has run it's course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom