Singing Section at the lane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't help when they sing racist chants, and chants such as "If you won't fucking sing, fuck off home."

HH, I don't get the racist angle here. While I wouldn't put it past them can you just expand this point?

I think the singing section needs to be moved to between gangways D and E (at the back) to be really successful. That area is basically empty now - a few people have taken the opportunity to move into the empty space, as the view is quite good, but virtually all the people who used to be there have moved to Gangway A.

If the singing section were there, the songs would spread throughout the Kop much more effectively.

I think yesterday proved that if the performances on the pitch improve the atmosphere also picks up without a singing section. I honestly didn't hear them until right near the end but it was very vocal on John Street for a change.

You say G and H and John Street were more vocal, but I didn't hear anything from them.

And we've played much better football than that this season and the fans haven't responded.

So what are you saying? The atmosphere yesterday was down to the A-force who we couldn't here?

It was good when we were winning. So maybe a combination of that and the fact it was the last home game of the season, and without gangway A it would've been quiet for long periods, although you couldn't hear us from where you were. Paddy Kenny could hear us. So it's probably not as quiet as you think.

To suggest fans react to good football/performances is inaccurate because this season they haven't.

Yep. You could hear a pin drop a hundred yards away when we were 3 up against the Oinkalots.:gallop::gallop:

No you couldn't, but that was an exception. Let's face it, if the whole ground (or Kop at least) won't sing when we're 3-0 up against our rivals then they never will.

Palace at home
Bristol City at home
Plymouth at home
Blackpool at home
Reading at home

Played some good stuff in all those games and the atmosphere was poor.

..and without gangway A it would've been quiet for long periods...

He does have a point. At least there was some singing happening throughout the majority of the game, where as normally there would have been long soporific periods of silence.

I can't see why people are getting so fucking uptight about these kids trying to bring some atmosphere back to the Lane. Who's hid the fucking chill pills for crying out loud...

It doesn't help when they sing racist chants, and chants such as "If you won't fucking sing, fuck off home." Obviously the near 35 years I've spent going to places like Altrincham (stuffed), Hereford (pen for a point), Colchester (arrived at 3-0 down in Div 4. Yes, FOUR you fucking whipper snappers. There used to be a Division FOUR), and all the rest of it means fuck all.

Well done you wankers at the top of Gangway F-G (Kop) again. What a set of offensive, shithouses you are. When you get to nursery next year, let me know how fucking hard you are again.

The singing section is at Gangway A so I think you're getting confused.

There was no racist chanting from Gangway A whatsoever.

There were a few grumbles from Gangway A at others not singing but they quite rightly never caught on.

I'd say there were about twice as many people in the singing section than there were against Swansea so it does seem to be getting bigger. If the SS is moved to Gangway D/E it could work even better.

HH, I don't get the racist angle here. While I wouldn't put it past them can you just expand this point?

I must admit, I can't remember what it was that got sung, but there was something. On that basis, I'll take that back purely through voddy and schnapps addled memory! And, no, it wasn't the sheep shagging bastards bit either.

I do object to the barracking though. Granted this is on the bit of the Kop where I sit, and NOT the designated singing section. I suppose I'm guilty of tarring them with 'attitute by association' though, as I do know that quite a few of the absolute eejits who are round where we are were part of the section who wanted the thing started.

That said, I'm not ranting now ;)

The singing section is at Gangway A so I think you're getting confused.

There was no racist chanting from Gangway A whatsoever.

There were a few grumbles from Gangway A at others not singing but they quite rightly never caught on.

I'd say there were about twice as many people in the singing section than there were against Swansea so it does seem to be getting bigger. If the SS is moved to Gangway D/E it could work even better.

Let me just quickly say that I haven't a problem with the idea at all. I just don't like the attitude which is going with it. The problem with having a section in the centre at the top of the KOP is that there are many existing season ticket holders there. People are creatures of habit, and may not want to move, even though they've been in what has been in recent times one of the louder parts of the Kop. That doesn't mean that they'd want to be in a designated area though.

The top of Gangway A is the obvious place in order to avoid that conflict as much as possible, but it also means that we can't hear you, as has been pointed out before.

I know, ideally the best place would be Gangway D but that's not really realistic. I just hope this idea can keep snowballing.

I thought the lads did very well against Cov. I didn't really notice them yesterday and assumed there was no singing section.

I wish the idea well. These lads are really enthusiastic and I hope the whole thing expands and we have The Lane rocking like we know it can.

I shall not be in the section but will join in loud and proud (and wearing Monty's shirt :)) from my non-singing seat!

Swiss Blade's Singing Section Review

As i've been quite vocal about the singing section in the last couple thought I'd give my opinion.

I sit slap bang in the middle of the Kop and normally the lads at the back of the kop are quite loud... So I was expecting a bit of egg on face with a decent crowd, decent weather and no doubt a few well oiled Blades... I shouldn't of worried.

I intentionally kept my ears open and was ready to join in with the vast array of Blades songs coming from the back corner and of course they sang for long periods of the game. But sorry lads I could hardly hear, so I doubt it made it across to the John St or maybe even Block D!

Cavese seemed to get its predicted run out.. but it was a case of "on your own lads". But the Blades songs hardly even got chance to fire up. So from my seat it was quieter than usual, if the 20 choir boys are to get a chance they need to be back centre. the songs were too distant.

Ironically the best song of the day "sheep shagging bastards" came from the back of the other side of the Kop! In fact most of the songs that took came from there.

The spontaneous GCB in inury time also seemed to come from back there.

The Singing section of Bramall lane, brought to you by the whispering Cavese choir boys of gangway A.

Good effort, but needs more work lads!

Stop patronising and knocking good supporters who are trying to make a positive difference to the atmosphere at BL. You lot are unbelievable and this sort of attitude annoys me so much. I don't mind you giving your opinion on the SS obviously, but is there a need to mock it at every available opportunity? No there's not!

No wonder that atmosphere at Bramall Lane has been utterly shite over the last few seasons. It's because we have fans like you who are all too ready to knock others who try and make some noise. There was a mixture of supporters on Gangway A- old, young, male and female- and all they're trying to do is support the team.

You slag em off because they weren't loud enough- perhaps it hasn't entered your head that there's only 150ish up there so it's hard to generate so much noise. Which is why this idea needs to be persevered with so it can snowball, but it's going to be tough when there's so much needless negativity towards it.

Accused of not being loud enough, not singing enough United songs, singing some new songs, not being old enough, singing racist songs (completely untrue by the way)...I simply cannot stand people who will moan for the sake of it and do their best to belittle other genuine supporters who, like I've said, only want to improve the atmosphere inside the ground.

You wouldn't put racist past them? Who's them?

That's a shocking comment, how thick and ignorant can you actually get??? Do you feel better than 'them' after posting shite like that?

You wouldn't put racist past them? Who's them?

That's a shocking comment, how thick and ignorant can you actually get??? Do you feel better than 'them' after posting shite like that?

So you are saying none of those people would make a racist chant or comment? We have many idiots as fans are you saying none of the A-Force would make a racial comment?
I've read a few of their posts about Mr Singh calling off the Peterbrough game or replies to the dickhead Sanjowl amongst others. You want shite how about this pile

No wonder that atmosphere at Bramall Lane has been utterly shite over the last few seasons. It's because we have fans like you who are all too ready to knock others who try and make some noise.

All this "we are better fans" crap is the main issue with your little clan. You need to take your heads out of your arse and stop all this supercilious bollocks. Tell me are the club still against you? Are you better supporters?

If them piggy two hats get relegated on Monday i'll be singing alreight .......an it might be racist anall ! :eek: can yer be racist against pigs ?

Bladesman1889, Have you read your posts back, how arrogant would you like to be?

I was giving a lighthearted slant to what I thought was a dire attempt by the club and yourselves to "make things better".

Call it slagging off, or call it my comments from the middle of the Kop, but it wasn't loud! How is that better? You talk about wanting to improve the atmosphere, but read my post, I said that the singing from the back is normally louder and is normally much more than 150 lads (was there 150 in the singing section?)

So because there was a few of you and you want to make things better, should I give you a concession? No! In case you hadn't realised there are others that go to games not just you, so excuse me if I don't cuddle up to your idea of an atmosphere, but I didn't think it improved things.

I actually wanted to join in with a few songs that I heard between the Cavese and the tumble weed blowing acrosss the Kop, but they never reached me... But I guess that makes me the wrong type of supporter. You're not the only genuine supporter, so don't make out that you are.

So you are saying none of those people would make a racist chant or comment? We have many idiots as fans are you saying none of the A-Force would make a racial comment?
I've read a few of their posts about Mr Singh calling off the Peterbrough game or replies to the dickhead Sanjowl amongst others.

Where have you seen these posts? I can't believe your comments regarding racism. Do you know any of the fans in the A block personally then? Because there was no racist chanting whatsoever and the fact you were ready to believe such bullshit is a joke. I'm not saying none of our fans might make racist comments, but bloody hell I'm not going to point out which ones might do because I have no idea who would do that. I don't know everyone personally so I couldn't say, why are you generalising so much? Do you think I would make racist comments because I was on Gangway A?

All this "we are better fans" crap is the main issue with your little clan. You need to take your heads out of your arse and stop all this supercilious bollocks. Tell me are the club still against you? Are you better supporters?

Nobody is saying we're better fans. That's what you're reading it as, why I don't know. I don't think I'm a better fan than one who doesn't go in the SS or doesn't stand, I don't knock fans who don't want to sing or stand up all match.

I just want a better atmosphere on match day and this could well improve it. In recent seasons the atmosphere has been absolutely crap for the most part, no doubt about it. So why don't some people accept others would prefer to stand and sing all match to try and rectify this? Why all the negativity and criticism? This idea needs support for it to grow and I don't think it will if it gets slagged off all the time.

What are you talking about, 'are the club still against you?' When did I say they were? I think the SS could have been promoted better but fair play to the club for setting it up, so stop making idiotic presumptions about me.

Bladesman1889, Have you read your posts back, how arrogant would you like to be?

I was giving a lighthearted slant to what I thought was a dire attempt by the club and yourselves to "make things better".

Call it slagging off, or call it my comments from the middle of the Kop, but it wasn't loud! How is that better? You talk about wanting to improve the atmosphere, but read my post, I said that the singing from the back is normally louder and is normally much more than 150 lads (was there 150 in the singing section?)

So because there was a few of you and you want to make things better, should I give you a concession? No! In case you hadn't realised there are others that go to games not just you, so excuse me if I don't cuddle up to your idea of an atmosphere, but I didn't think it improved things.

I actually wanted to join in with a few songs that I heard between the Cavese and the tumble weed blowing acrosss the Kop, but they never reached me... But I guess that makes me the wrong type of supporter. You're not the only genuine supporter, so don't make out that you are.

Maybe we've both read posts the wrong way, I've read yours back and was perhaps a bit too critical but it's still disappointing how you do seem to be mocking a genuine set of fans.

I've got no idea why you read my post as being a better fan, it's very strange how you and others seem to think that. Don't get it at all because I certainly don't think I'm a better fan than anyone else for preferring to sing all match, bizarre.

Fair enough if it wasn't loud to you, but there's no need to take the piss is there? I realised yesterday that the location of the SS isn't ideal so it's harder for the songs to spread from there, but numbers wise it needs to grow some more so you might be able to hear it a bit better, give us a bloody chance, it's been there for 2 matches! There's definitely more singing coming from the SS than there usually is from the back of the kop, normally I'm on Gangway D and it's like a morgue.

Before people get too het up, I was the one who mentioned racist chanting, and that was from the other end of the Kop. I just wish I could remember what it was.

It wasn't from the designated area, mainly because I couldn't hear them anyway. What I heard wasn't from Gangway A.

So we're clear on that.

Nobody is saying we're better fans.

Yes, people who have been on here have said that. THAT is the attitude which really pisses a lot of people off. Ask GC88 for a start.

bladesman1889 said:
I just want a better atmosphere on match day and this could well improve it. In recent seasons the atmosphere has been absolutely crap for the most part, no doubt about it. So why don't some people accept others would prefer to stand and sing all match to try and rectify this? Why all the negativity and criticism? This idea needs support for it to grow and I don't think it will if it gets slagged off all the time.

Nobody objects to to the noise levels being increased. I just object to being denigrated because I feel like talking to my children (like you were/are) during a match, who are the lifeblood of the club.

Is that alright with you?

bladesman1889 said:
What are you talking about, 'are the club still against you?' When did I say they were? I think the SS could have been promoted better but fair play to the club for setting it up, so stop making idiotic presumptions about me.

Do you think you're a 'better' supporter just because you want to sing?

This thread aint half going around in bloody cirles!!!!

I've been in the "singing section" both times and agree with some peoples opinion that it was better during the coventry game. Chants were far too wednesday-hate based than pro-united for my liking, although who am i to tell poeple what to sing? It's just that singing "watford, watford, watford" won't catch on.

Top effort so far though, around 100 after 2 games isn't bad going if you ask me.

One thing that is a MUST is keeping songs going - which we admittedly havn't been doing (apart from "ole ole ola" and "we're sheff utd and we don't give a fuck"), therefore giving them no chance to catch on.

No ones a better fan than any one - we're all blades aren't we ladies n gents?

So to recap BM1889, you don't know them all personally but can say there isn't anyone in there that would make a racist comment. But I can't read threads with racial comments about a referee of Asian decent calling off a game "because it's too cold for him", or an Asian wednesadyite asked "if you are on here who is running the shop" and say I wouldn't put it past them?

Finally if you look at lot of the threads over there and particularly GC's comments on here (until he went into hiding following his "evidence" getting found out for bullshit) about you been better supporters and better fans.

Nobody's better than anyone else.

But those who vocally get behind the team are more effective 'supporters'. Not bigger and better Blades. I don'y see how that's debatable.

And considering what's classed as 'racist' these days it wouldn't surprise me if you did hear something 'outrageous'. Not that I was aware of anything. I'm just assuming it's total bullshit and an appalling attempt at giving those in Gangway A a bad reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom