Singing Section at the lane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No GC88. I get the point, I just think the point you're making about what you class as "modern supporters" and other Blades is ridiculous.

I wish you well in your crusade, I said a long while ago on other threads that I sing in my seat and do not feel the need for a dedicated singing section, in fact as i've said I think it'll have a negative effect.

However, although I sing, I don't sing songs that I can't get passionate about as a Blade, particularly Dale Cavese.

I really hope that if you want to make a success out of this, that you sing songs that Blades can get passionate about rather than doing a Piggy Band and becoming an irritant.

Please tell me what these songs to be passionate about as a blade are.

Greasy chip butty, stolen from rotherham?
We are bladesmen, stolen from spurs/millwall?

The so called united songs are mainly about wednesday anyway.

Yes you're totally right. So stealing another "song" (that doesn't even have any words) is totally the answer then.

lawl

To be quite honest, i am sick to death of having this debate, i'd love to know how many arguments i've had about this but none have been with any of you so here goes.

What's your problem with the singing section? I really, really can't see why any Utd fans are moaning about it. Right, we're a group of supporters of Sheffield United who realise the atmosphere at Bramall Lane has been far from terrible, basically on a normal day in the Kop, on average we have about 4 'Sheff United' chants, obviously two Greasy Chip Buttys and a couple of 'wahaaays' or 'go on then' whenever we get a corner. That's it, thats my matchday. Train to Sheffield (£9.10), into the match, watch 90 minutes of poor football (usually the case tbh), stand round a load of Blades who have no intentions of getting behind the team in any way.

Ffs, it makes my blood boil, we go to all the effort of getting this, hoping the singing section will make people realise how poor they are at getting behind the team and we get some the ridiculous and pathetic comments we get above, i have more time for a pig than some of these wankers. We get behind the team, you don't, that's it simples! You don't want to be assosciated with us because we stand up and sing and you tell us to 'shurrup and siddarn' so we move out your way to an area were everyone wants to stand and sing and you have the cheek to sit behind your keyboards and attempt to mock the idea.

To be honest, i wouldn't say i'm embrasssed by having to get a singing section but certainly not satisfying, i WANT it now, don't get me wrong, i just find it a bit sad we all have to move. The numbers of Utd fans who go to the game expecting everyone to say silent for 90 minutes is beyond a joke as is the nametag of 'Ultras', now i presume you were intending to embrass us with that- well unlucky because i'm not embrassed. 'Ultras' are fans who get behind the team and fans are quite exemplary for me... NOT hooligans.

The moment you realise we're trying to do this for the good of the club and not to spite you lot, the better.

Whoa... easy cowboy. A couple of points.

1) Have you actually taken off your giddy pants and read what people have said before getting on your high horse? The problem is the attitudes of some of the people involved, which you have just managed to reinforce, not the idea of the section.

For the millionth time. No one wants to stop anyone from singing.

2) We don't call people wankers on here. You are asked to read the rules before you sign up. Infraction for that.

I suggest you actually read what people's concerns are before shouting your mouth off, as in terms of PR, you are doing yourself and your little section no favours.

Oh dear.........

You've only gone and angered Miss Whiplash!!!!

If anyone wants me i'll be under the stairs! :D

To be quite honest, i am sick to death of having this debate, i'd love to know how many arguments i've had about this but none have been with any of you so here goes.

What's your problem with the singing section? I really, really can't see why any Utd fans are moaning about it. Right, we're a group of supporters of Sheffield United who realise the atmosphere at Bramall Lane has been far from terrible, basically on a normal day in the Kop, on average we have about 4 'Sheff United' chants, obviously two Greasy Chip Buttys and a couple of 'wahaaays' or 'go on then' whenever we get a corner. That's it, thats my matchday. Train to Sheffield (£9.10), into the match, watch 90 minutes of poor football (usually the case tbh), stand round a load of Blades who have no intentions of getting behind the team in any way.

Ffs, it makes my blood boil, we go to all the effort of getting this, hoping the singing section will make people realise how poor they are at getting behind the team and we get some the ridiculous and pathetic comments we get above, i have more time for a pig than some of these wankers. We get behind the team, you don't, that's it simples! You don't want to be assosciated with us because we stand up and sing and you tell us to 'shurrup and siddarn' so we move out your way to an area were everyone wants to stand and sing and you have the cheek to sit behind your keyboards and attempt to mock the idea.

To be honest, i wouldn't say i'm embrasssed by having to get a singing section but certainly not satisfying, i WANT it now, don't get me wrong, i just find it a bit sad we all have to move. The numbers of Utd fans who go to the game expecting everyone to say silent for 90 minutes is beyond a joke as is the nametag of 'Ultras', now i presume you were intending to embrass us with that- well unlucky because i'm not embrassed. 'Ultras' are fans who get behind the team and fans are quite exemplary for me... NOT hooligans.

The moment you realise we're trying to do this for the good of the club and not to spite you lot, the better.

Comprehension fail !

Read the text and you'll find it answers your questions. As Linz pointed out with your divisive them and us comments you've just highlighted the only issue that has been raised against the section.

Well done you !

Is the atmosphere poor? Yes

Is singing good? Yes

Is not singing bad? No

Is standing up good? Yes, I grew up with it

Is not standing up bad? No

Is the atmosphere down to the quality of football? To a certain extent

Is the atmosphere down to ticketing policy? To a certain extent

Is a singing section good? Yes and No

Is a group of sanctimonious young upstarts elevating themselves and belittling many others who have, in many cases, been SUPPORTING the club much longer than they've even lived very helpful; to the club, their cause or the atmosphere? Doesn't need and answer does it?

The way I see it is this, and notwithstanding the umbrage people will take from the post, I'm inclined to agree with the sentiment. The club provides for families, young kids etc. Clearly there is a demand from the younger boy and girls for this section so the club have made some provision - why object?

So they've nicked a load of generic songs, well they've only been going five minutes - I'm sure they'll develop their own material given time.

I've got to be honest I've been disappointed with the curmudgeonly response of some on here. Last Saturday was fine, a success I thought. There was no animosity in the ground, we're all Blades, let's give 'em a clean slate and see how they get on.

Comprehension fail !

Read the text and you'll find it answers your questions. As Linz pointed out with your divisive them and us comments you've just highlighted the only issue that has been raised against the section.

Well done you !

Because we've all learnt from the recent assassination attempts on Blackwell, message boards like this was are completely representative of the broader support....

The way I see it is this, and notwithstanding the umbrage people will take from the post, I'm inclined to agree with the sentiment. The club provides for families, young kids etc. Clearly there is a demand from the younger boy and girls for this section so the club have made some provision - why object?

So they've nicked a load of generic songs, well they've only been going five minutes - I'm sure they'll develop their own material given time.

I've got to be honest I've been disappointed with the curmudgeonly response of some on here. Last Saturday was fine, a success I thought. There was no animosity in the ground, we're all Blades, let's give 'em a clean slate and see how they get on.

Glad you said that, can't see why people are even bothering to argue anymore, it's boring, almost embarassing!

If some people don't want to sing then that's fine, completely up to them, I don't think any less of them for being that way inclined, as for the ones that want to stand up and sing for 90 minutes, again, good on 'em, injects that bit of extra life into the ground which will in turn hopefully get the team playing.

Now can everyone from both sides of this ridiculous argument please get off their high horses, stop moaning about it, and get behind the lads, after all (as a said a few posts back)...WE'RE ALL BLADES AREN'T WE!?

exactly, this argument has now turned into both parties arguing that they are both happy for both parties to support the blades as they wish, nip it in bud now and lets get our heads on the scummers down the road.

down-with-this-sort-of-thing.jpg

our ST's are towards the top of gangway B so we got to hear and see the new 'Singing Section' in action. A couple of points I'd like to make:

- I agree with a lot of what has been said in earlier posts, they are proving to be devisive though. Booing when the rest don't join in with their chants isn't good. If they want others to be tolerant of their wishes/views then they have to have similar tolerances to others

- They need to let the chants develop, to often they flitted from chant to chant without giving chance for others to join in.

- It generally seemed good natured. The stewards had obviously been given instructions to let them get on with it in marked contrast to a number of other games this season where there has been arguments in that corner

In conclusion. I hope they continue to get behind the team, they don't get at others that don't want to join in, they do allow time so others can join in and they come up with some original chants.

UTB

Me and The Mrs were very disappointed when we attended, but there again, I misread the press release and we thought it was a sWinging section. Needless to say our attire was entirely appropriate for one 'leisure activity' but entirely inapproproate for the other...

GC88,

Did the GCB come from Rotherham? Never knew that. Anyway, read my post 205 in this thread, I don't have a problem with taking songs if they're adapted to the Blades. The generic Dale Cavese has no words, so its not something I can get excited about.

Norfolk, Pindsablade and GC88,

Just to clear this up, Nobody's said that creating a better atmosphere is a bad thing.

Read back through this thread and also other threads on this subject, the problem with a singing section is that we shouldn't have to come to this. The whole ground should (and does) sing when it wants, we've never had a singing section before and on its day the lane is one of the best atmospheres I've witnessed.

The idea that because people don't sing your songs implies that Blades "have no intention of getting behind the team in anyway" is as I've said before ridiculous.

The arrogance of your posts is astounding. You claim (and imply) that you're the saviours of the club, without your action none of us will enjoying ourselves. Rubbish. I don't remember asking anyone to do this and I'd rather carry on as normal. The atmosphere also reflects where we currently are as a club and a football team. Sometimes I don't want to sing, sometimes I do, I think this getting behind the team, works both ways, I'll always support the team, but if they don't seem to be giving their all, i'm not going to sing and make a carnival of noise when I feel pissed off.

I've never heard anyone insisting that we should sit in silence for 90 mins, throwing the victimisation card in was very clever because people tell you to "shurrup and siddarn" you have to move is very alien to me. Are you a little sensitive or something? Sing if you want to. Do people really stop you?

On the Ultra's Tag, why would it be intended to embarrass anyone? Its a tag that was given and one that I've responded about. You may not be embarrassed about the tag, but GC88 certainly seems to be, perhaps his extensive knowledge of the Ultra's makes him a little embarrassed to be associated with such lovely groups. I'm giving my point of view from what I've seen of Ultra's in Italy, Greece, Cyprus and Germany. Out of interest, have you spent much time in the company of these "exemplary" Ultra's, the ones I've seen were far from "exemplary"?

So to conclude what my issues are, its threefold:
Singing - Everyone accepts that songs are slow to get started but just because 80-100 of you that want to sing together have now moved, doesn't mean that when you sing together that it'll catch on with the rest of the ground. It just means that the singers won't be interspersed so much throughout the ground and people will be less likely to sing on their own, so perhaps it'll be just the 80-100 of you that stand in the corner, singing in quick bursts before it spreads.
Arrogance - The apparent attitude of some of the "A-Force" doesn't exactly sell the case, We never asked you to do something for us and singing generic songs is less likely to get people like me singing. I join in with the songs that I want to, 80-100 lads telling me that they're doing it for the good of our club etc etc won't get me into it.
The Club - Regardless of the Managerial situation I think the piped music for the GCB and Goals does nothing to help the atmosphere other than for the few minutes that the music is played. I sent an email to the club on this a few weeks ago and was promised a response... which reminds me, time to bump the club on this.

Whether its a success or not, time will tell, personally I doubt it'll be anymore of a success than putting the lyrics on the screen. And it worries me that we're going down this route, watching football at the lane is starting to become a bit like the Steelers, I used to enjoy Steelers, but never wanted the same for the football. But hey why not also pipe the crowd noise through the speakers or give a megaphone to the song leader, these things are done in Italy, Germany and if its generic enough lets go for it :D

So we are where we are and lets make the most of it. Lets start building up the atmosphere at the lane and make it fun instead of frustation. How about this.
We aint got a barrel of money but we've Monty and Kenny and with Chris Morgan the blades will move on U NI TED.

So we are where we are and lets make the most of it. Lets start building up the atmosphere at the lane and make it fun instead of frustation. How about this.
We aint got a barrel of money but we've Monty and Kenny and with Chris Morgan the blades will move on U NI TED.

Great until two of them leave before the start of next season.

joke!

Problems:

- Half of them are jumped up, testosterone fuelled teenagers who prioritise being lairy fuck wits over supporting the team and singing the songs.

- Certain songs last too long, yet other songs are barely given the chance to get going. Songs are often sang at inappropriate times, I think half of them forget about the GCB, and there's no reaction to promising attacks because most of them pay zero attention to what's happening on the pitch.

- Sarcastic cries of "siddarn" etc will not do us any favours whatsoever. To be fair it was only 2/3 who went off like that and out of around 150, that's quite good. You don't have to be a genius to work out that things like this will only result in contempt and disapproval. "Sing up Shoreham" is another one - it used to be viewed as encouragement, now it's just viewed as berating anyone who's different. To those complete fucking plebs who pipe up with stuff like this, sing the songs, sing them properly and you may have a bit more success.

Oh, and the Dale Cavese is wank. Bin it.

And girls, if you're going to come up there, then for fuck's sake, please don't stand on chairs directly in front of me.

So far all the singing section has done is reduce the atmosphere. It's poorly situated with not enough support to make enough noise.

The back rowers, who created the atmosphere before, have been grouped together into probably the worst possible area. I'm sure the singing section crew think it's a success, but I sit towards the other end of the kop and can't hear a thing. Great idea but not working...yet?

UTB

I think we'll get at least another 50 there for next season, maybe another 100.

When everyone in the section sings........ it's loud. You wouldn't have thought that'd be an issue would you? But in the first half in particular only around half of them were singing. Partly down to some wank song choices, maybe.

I know, but it's a case of making the most of the space available. For it to be a success there every single fan there needs to sing and we need more numbers.

There's plenty of empty seats on both gangway A and B so we need to make sure everyone knows to move there next season.

It would help if people stuck to their seats or a seat up there, but it seems most if not all the season ticket holders in that area who were there have moved out, I will also be going from there next season to another seat. Me and my dad tried it out for a while but we were still a little disgruntled over the issue of them creating the singing section and not bothering to inform the season ticket holders in that area. We stayed for about 20 mins but ended up moving, that was not really anything to do with the lads there.... we had no issues of abuse and other than people crowding seats too much there wasn't a problem, the reason we moved was because of one of those lads had god awful personal hygiene and it was sickening.

I will say this all the best for trying to get it going but I'll say alot of blades fans work was being undone by the others in that area. Some tried to get the more traditional blades songs going but they were never given enough time or just when it started to build in the area, some select few would start that Dale (whatever it is) shit off, and it would totally phase out others efforts to involve more of the crowd. I think as you say Blades_257 it needs binning, it isn't really working and nearly every Blade I've talked to outside that area hate it. I suppose it wouldn't be too bad once or twice a half but every 5min or so is a joke.

As I said after the Coventry match where I sit in the Westfield we couldn't hear anything from the singing section really. However the G&H block were a lot more noisy today than they have been most of the season.

Surprising eh how we play better, better football and the crowd finds their voices on their own.

I didn't hear the A-Force until about 82 mins in

So far all the singing section has done is reduce the atmosphere. It's poorly situated with not enough support to make enough noise.

The back rowers, who created the atmosphere before, have been grouped together into probably the worst possible area. I'm sure the singing section crew think it's a success, but I sit towards the other end of the kop and can't hear a thing. Great idea but not working...yet?

UTB

It doesn't help when they sing racist chants, and chants such as "If you won't fucking sing, fuck off home." Obviously the near 35 years I've spent going to places like Altrincham (stuffed), Hereford (pen for a point), Colchester (arrived at 3-0 down in Div 4. Yes, FOUR you fucking whipper snappers. There used to be a Division FOUR), and all the rest of it means fuck all.

Well done you wankers at the top of Gangway F-G (Kop) again. What a set of offensive, shithouses you are. When you get to nursery next year, let me know how fucking hard you are again.

I really can't take a 'singing section' seriously that has aspirations of having 300 people in it's posse, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom