Match Thread Sheffield United vs Wolverhampton Wanderers - 8th July 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WOLV
WOLV
WOLV
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1594065300737.png v. 1594065309391.png
EPL Week 34 - Wednesday 8th July 2020 - Bramall lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.p...ffield-united-vs-wolverhampton-wanderers.498/

Officials:

Referee:
Martin Atkinson
Assistant Referee: Lee Betts
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Fourth Official: Anthony Taylor
Video Assistant Referee: Jonathan Moss
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Replacement Official: Hristo Karaivanov

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 20.57.33.png

Must win game to keep the dream alive. Spurs won tonight so need to keep up.

PS Who'd have thought this scenario 5 games to go.

Tricky game for you guys, this one. They're a hard team to beat.
I think 6th place is still achievable for you. ManU in 5th seem to be pulling away a bit now, unfortunately.
As BW said above, you really need to win this to keep up with those around you. You're in a bit of a mini-league now, of about 5 teams, so exciting stuff to be involved in.
Best of luck!

Referee Martin Atkinson

Attachments

• 2F3AD11A-804A-41B6-8B80-3475BC7955AD.jpeg
    2F3AD11A-804A-41B6-8B80-3475BC7955AD.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
VAR referee Johnathan Moss

Attachments

• 60280558-DAD8-42C0-BBC5-19717D033FCF.jpeg
    60280558-DAD8-42C0-BBC5-19717D033FCF.jpeg
    435.8 KB · Views: 1
Will be a very hard game. Wolves have a lot of what we need next season in terms of pace and aggression.
They dont lose many games 7 iirc so far in the PL so its gonna be tough as all games are in PL.
Be happy with a point.UTB

Will be a very hard game. Wolves have a lot of what we need next season in terms of pace and aggression.
They dont lose many games 7 iirc so far in the PL so its gonna be tough as all games are in PL.
Be happy with a point.UTB
Extra tough if Traore plays.
If Enda & JoC are anything less than their max , we will struggle to contain him.
Wolves have pace & aggression as highlighted + lots of cash from rich owners.
I wonder if they have enough to hang onto Traore in the window ?
Klopp loves him.

Unfortunately my optimistic thoughts for the rest of the season have been dashed by the events that have happened.

This is a tough game and whilst I don't doubt we can win, I really don't think we will. Wolves are a brilliant team and I think the run of games and injuries haven't been kind to us since restart, the lads will need to give it their all to win this.

Just realized that I'm having an online exam tomorrow starting 30 minutes before kickoff, with online proctoring that checks my webcam & screen during the exam. So I can't even check the score during the exam. First game of the season that I can't watch or even check the score. Can't record the game either bc stupid Dutch TV decided to broadcast the meaninglessMan City game :(

Just realized that I'm having an online exam tomorrow starting 30 minutes before kickoff, with online proctoring that checks my webcam & screen during the exam. So I can't even check the score during the exam. First game of the season that I can't watch or even check the score. Can't record the game either bc stupid Dutch TV decided to broadcast the meaninglessMan City game :(
Turn off the sound and put the radio on

Two huge games that will ultimately decide if we have a chance to get a Euro place this season, which the club have now conceded is an ambition.

Personally not too bothered as it will see the squad stretched to breaking point next season.

But if it is to be it is to be. We will all know if the pipe dream can become a reality in the next few days !

UTB

So after the very creditable draw at Burnley, it's back to BDBL for the visit of Wolves. Another very difficult game in store, and Wolves don't often lose 2 in a row....

Anyway?

Any team news?

Fleck still out?

JOC starting the only change?

Always thought this one was one the trickier remaining fixtures and without the tremendous vocal backing of our fans it's even more difficult. I can attempt to remain as confident as possible though so I'm gonna go 1-1.

UTB

It's great that our performance levels have turned the corner since the reopening cold bath. We are going to scrap a few more points together and finish in an enormously creditable position. Hope we start well and get ahead because I fear wolves will have too much quality for our tired players as match goes on. Give it your best shot lads and win lose or draw I'm proud to be Blade this season. Mcgoldrick hat trick 😀

JOC starting the only change?

Think that’s likely to be the only change, unless there are further injuries Wilder’s not revealed.

Got a feeling we’ll get a result this evening. Bit like their visit in 2017, we’re clear underdogs again but come into it with some confidence.

I think this is our toughest game left, I fancy us to get something more against Chelsea and Leicester than I do from this one. Traore frightens me to death.

There penalty -no fucking way- again.
Sort it out VAR ( "reckless or using excessive force" it's written in the goddam rules).

im dreading todays game, because if we have 1 struggle its pace with traore, jimenez theyve got alot of it. then youve got the great technical quality of Jota, Neves & Moutinho. i worry this will be toughest home game we have in this lockdown season

Plenty are saying how tough this game is, but I reckon a minimum of 5 points from the last 5 games is very possible.
Home advantage, even without fans, is still a home advantage. Guaranteed Wilder will expect an attack minded game tonight, and from both our remaining home fixtures.
His substitutions when we are on the back foot, are always positive and attack minded home and away.
Gives Billy and Moose a chance to grab some glory.

Yes, a hard games they all are in the premiership. however, I think the main man for us is Sander Berge.he is showing why he cost £22m.
A box to box player can shoot from distance. and a great passer of the ball..he reminds me of Tony Currie. Mousset should play from the start.with his pace he can turn the wolves defence. and block any chance of counter-attacks.and slow wolves down.we have to be at it from the start.up the Blades.

Yes, a hard games they all are in the premiership. however, I think the main man for us is Sander Berge.he is showing why he cost £22m.
A box to box player can shoot from distance. and a great passer of the ball..he reminds me of Tony Currie. Mousset should play from the start.with his pace he can turn the wolves defence. and block any chance of counter-attacks.and slow wolves down.we have to be at it from the start.up the Blades.
If Moose plays from the start , how long will he last ?
Once subbed , he should spend the rest of the game studying Traore's physique + energy , which should be his personal target in close season.

Long long way to go to be compared to TC !

Another 3 points for Blades tonight please.

Wolves need the 3 points tonight to have any chance of top 4, should work in Wilder's favor.

Not got a great feeling about this one, given our threadbare midfield and quick turnaround of games. If we were full strength than yes, we'd have every chance, but i have a feeling we'll tire 2nd half and that's when they're at their strongest. Here's to hoping......... 🤞

Not got a great feeling about this one, given our threadbare midfield and quick turnaround of games. If we were full strength than yes, we'd have every chance, but i have a feeling we'll tire 2nd half and that's when they're at their strongest. Here's to hoping......... 🤞

Wouldn't be surprised to see Nuno leave Traore off until half time.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Nuno leave Traore off until half time.
Wouldn't be surprised at all. I think the best chance we have is to get off to a great start (they don't typically start great) and see if that carries us through.

Back
Top Bottom