Match Thread Sheffield United vs Wolverhampton Wanderers - 8th July 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WOLV
WOLV
WOLV
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1594065300737.png v. 1594065309391.png
EPL Week 34 - Wednesday 8th July 2020 - Bramall lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.p...ffield-united-vs-wolverhampton-wanderers.498/

Officials:

Referee:
Martin Atkinson
Assistant Referee: Lee Betts
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Fourth Official: Anthony Taylor
Video Assistant Referee: Jonathan Moss
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Replacement Official: Hristo Karaivanov

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 20.57.33.png

I would take a draw if offered now. I think that wolves have a lot of pace and quality to hit us on the break.

I will be happy with a draw. however beat Wolves and Chelsea we will be on course to qualify for Europa cup..now were,s my passport.

I keep reading people citing our tiredness as a factor tonight - which is a fair consideration, however consider that Wolves' season starterd 13 months ago and I would hazard a guess that their starting 11 has been from a pool of 15/16 players. I watched them against Arsenal and they were laboured at times, very much unlike the Wolves I have admired over the last couple of seasons.

Don't get me wrong, it will be a tough ask tonight - but they too are feeling the schedule.

I keep reading people citing our tiredness as a factor tonight - which is a fair consideration, however consider that Wolves' season starterd 13 months ago and I would hazard a guess that their starting 11 has been from a pool of 15/16 players. I watched them against Arsenal and they were laboured at times, very much unlike the Wolves I have admired over the last couple of seasons.

Don't get me wrong, it will be a tough ask tonight - but they too are feeling the schedule.

Wolves can often look labored in all honesty, what I admire most about them though is the amount of games they win when not always comfortably the better side.

This is a compliment by the way.
The often win games by 'just doing enough', they dont waste much.

I think we'll either beat them by 2 or they'll beat us by 2. fairly comfortably either way.

Can see Mousset and Rodwell starting with Mcburnie and Basham rested. In five minutes time no doubt I will be proved wrong.

Tricky game for you guys, this one. They're a hard team to beat.
I think 6th place is still achievable for you. ManU in 5th seem to be pulling away a bit now, unfortunately.
As BW said above, you really need to win this to keep up with those around you. You're in a bit of a mini-league now, of about 5 teams, so exciting stuff to be involved in.
Best of luck!
you've really got to stop being so nice, its changing my perspective on West Ham fans! 😅

I hope McG just needs a rest. Good to see JOC and Lunny back

McG, is really effective when playing just in front of midfield and linking play with front two.

Robbo with a sigh of relief as Adama Traore is starting 👀

Mcburnie could learn a lot off that jiminez today ? Very similar strikers hopefully mcburnie can develop towards a player like that

Can anyone remember the last time we had a Blade in the studio or on sky for us? Yet again we get to sit here whilst our opposition is represented and we aren't 🙄 just spend the time talking about Wolves, you would be forgiven for forgetting we where playing them

Can anyone remember the last time we had a Blade in the studio or on sky for us? Yet again we get to sit here whilst our opposition is represented and we aren't 🙄 just spend the time talking about Wolves, you would be forgiven for forgetting we where playing them

I made the same point myself a few days ago. Wearing my tin hat I could also say that on every televised game since lock down we have been first up in the early kick off but still they fill space by talking about the later games or other teams rather than ourselves. If we are lucky we get 30 seconds as an afterthought.

Agree with that I’ve just been saying the same...should send in Capt Blade to sort them out...not Souness though he’s always complimenting us....

Probably Michael Brown he's covered a lot of our games for various tv companies.

Souness just said that o'Connell and basham wont go forward against this wolves side, if we do it against every other side including liverpool and Manchester city what makes wolves side any different

Back
Top Bottom