Match Thread Sheffield United v. Wolverhampton Wanderers - 14th Sept 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WOLV
WOLV
WOLV
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1599858740966.png v. 1599858748244.png
EPL Week 1 - Monday 14th September 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.p...ffield-united-vs-wolverhampton-wanderers.509/

Officials:

Referee:
Mike Dean
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Lee Mason
Video Assistant Referee: Graham Scott
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

1599858891167.png

So back in action at after the slightly extended break due to Wolves European adventures...
It would seem many of the fans have got their excuses in early with reference to their non existent preseason and no friendlies. While their points are probably valid, we've all had huge disruption due to Covid-19 and it looks like we'll all just have to crack on...

Anyway...

Any team news? :)

Looks we are carrying a couple of knocks, Berge presumably being one of them.?

Of the new boys... Rambo will start.

Others?

So with absolutely nothing to go on other than Wilder will have our lads ready, and hopefully Wolves aren't lol I'm gonna suggest we edge this one 2-1. Mcburnie opening our goalscoring campaign....

UTB

Normally when it's the first game of the season I'd be excited. I really can't get up for this one.

Hope we win but I hate watching games on TV and we are losing home advantage for the foreseeable again.

Looking at the matches today and tomorrow has made me realise I can’t work out who I want to win, and sport without caring who wins is never very interesting. Some are easy, for the usual prejudices - want Leeds to lose, naturally, West Ham to lose, never sorry at the moment to see Newcastle and Villa lose. But apart from that, where do our interests lie? For most of last season, for reasons of pessimism, I wanted the big 6 to win, to help us avoid relegation. It went against the grain wanting Man City, Arsenal, etc., to win, but I suspect I will feel the same for a few weeks again. But when we have got to 40 points...
If you live in Nottingham as I do you cannot be happier than seeing Wednesday Forest and Derby in the bottom three of the lower league.
Just need a win today and I will be ecstatic !

Normally when it's the first game of the season I'd be excited. I really can't get up for this one.

Hope we win but I hate watching games on TV and we are losing home advantage for the foreseeable again.

I'm " up" for it, but also hate watching on tv or listening on radio, but I'm alright at the actual match. I believe our crowd strangely has a bigger effect on our players than other fan bases do on their players, I put this down to many other Premier league crowds being more laid back due to time spent in the Prem. It's where we'd be if we'd spent more than 10 years in the top flight

Looking at the matches today and tomorrow has made me realise I can’t work out who I want to win, and sport without caring who wins is never very interesting. Some are easy, for the usual prejudices - want Leeds to lose, naturally, West Ham to lose, never sorry at the moment to see Newcastle and Villa lose. But apart from that, where do our interests lie? For most of last season, for reasons of pessimism, I wanted the big 6 to win, to help us avoid relegation. It went against the grain wanting Man City, Arsenal, etc., to win, but I suspect I will feel the same for a few weeks again. But when we have got to 40 points...
That first 4 clubs in a nutshell....The Geordies are generally perceived as a likeable bunch.....Not the fuckers I know.

Thank god it isn't just me, that's where I read it now there is no mention of Pick TV I thought I was losing the plot.

I believe it was originally meant to be on Pick. But since Sky got all off the other September games they moved everything to Sky Sports.

So ironically forcing Sky to have all the matches shown means no free matches

I think this will be a draw. Two very well matched and well drilled teams and neither will give much away.

1-1.

Assuming that Berge and McGoldrick are still nursing knocks, and O'Connell isn't 100% yet from missing most of pre-season, I'm going to go for a starting line up and bench of.

Ramsdale
Stevens
Robinson
Egan
Basham
Baldock
Fleck
Norwood
Lundstram
McBurnie
Sharp

Foderingham
Bogle
Ampadu
Rodwell
Mousset
Osborne
Burke

Assuming that Berge and McGoldrick are still nursing knocks, and O'Connell isn't 100% yet from missing most of pre-season, I'm going to go for a starting line up and bench of.

Ramsdale
Stevens
Robinson
Egan
Basham
Baldock
Fleck
Norwood
Lundstram
McBurnie
Sharp

Foderingham
Bogle
Ampadu
Rodwell
Mousset
Osborne
Burke
I don't think you will be far wrong, like you say if those 3 aren't fit, although I would probably have Lowe instead of Rodwell on the bench.

I think Osborne ahead of Lundstram he was arguably the best player in pre-season.

Hoping for Lunny for my fantasy team. Willing to take a hit on Jiminez not scoring tonight tho 😐

Ampadu in the squad. Lunny starts over Berge. Just seen video out from blades media

Ramsdale
Stevens
Robinson
Egan
Basham
Baldock
Fleck
Norwood
Lundstram
McBurnie
Sharp

Foderingham
Bogle
Ampadu
Rodwell
Mousset
Osborne
Burke

9 of your starting 11 played for us in the second and third tiers, so have a like for that

But the vid also showed Ampadu’s shirt. Is he starting?
I'm assuming Lunny starts as Berge injured supposedly. Can't see Ampadu displacing anyone from the usual team sheet this early - could be wrong!

Looking forward to seeing Rangers/Rambo in the purple GK shirt. Looks lovely

Ramsdale
Stevens
Robinson
Egan
Basham
Baldock
Fleck
Norwood
Lundstram
McBurnie
Sharp

Foderingham
Bogle
Ampadu
Rodwell
Mousset
Osborne
Burke
Lowe instead of Rodwell. Isn't Ampadu injured? Burke will play 23 minutes plus added time

Win or lose, I'm so interested to see our defence and keeper. Obviously if we lose we must have conceded but if we start strong defensively, then we have plenty of cover now, so the signing to make is even easier for CW to get the cash for.....

A strong test for you today. You did very well against them last season though.
Bloody Sky bastards nicking it off Pick.
A draw wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but I'd like to see you win - that would be a great result.
Up the Blades!

Back
Top Bottom