Match Thread Sheffield United v. Wolverhampton Wanderers - 14th Sept 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WOLV
WOLV
WOLV
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1599858740966.png v. 1599858748244.png
EPL Week 1 - Monday 14th September 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.p...ffield-united-vs-wolverhampton-wanderers.509/

Officials:

Referee:
Mike Dean
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Lee Mason
Video Assistant Referee: Graham Scott
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

1599858891167.png

During the short summer window I so much as cared to suggest, that we might be in the relegation struggle. I was attacked for my honest opinion instantly, most fiercely by this this "St Paul and Reepersbahn" guy. Never want us to be relegated, don't believe in such a scenario, but would hope to be able to say in the future as to just what I think without any Germany-based thought-police. Or you happy-clappers on the Isles. P*ss off and let people say what they think. As you already have the right to do so on this board, you might not understand what it feels like to not to be able to state your opinion without getting the utmost ridicule. Please, let there be freedom of speech!

Unfortunately seeing Billy starting started alarm bells ringing! He shouldn’t be in that 11 simple as and the fact he starts shows you how paper thin we are with strikers! Big big few weeks getting the right player in!
Unless that striker can consistently skin 6 men and hit screamers, new strikers aren’t going to do much with this service. #bringbackthe10

Agree Sharp shouldn't be starting any games this season. But our build up play has been so poor and predictable Every team now knows we don't/can't attack through the middle.

Quality and technical ability Wolves have in abundance,they are far better than us.

United,are like an orange,there is only so much juice you can sqeeze out of it,Wilder keeps asking for more from the same players who have given their all over past seasons,its a big ask.

We played nobody of quality pre season following cancelled trip and have been taken by surprise.

Utter tripe, our forward play is predictable, we are always looking to go down to the byline and not trying to mix it up, no pace or hold up play.

At this rate Lunny will sign that contract offer as nobody will want him based on this performance, cost us the first goal with a stupid lunge and with just poor defending to follow, for both goals.

When we play bad it is because we are just slowly going about our business, there isn't any urgency to get the ball forwards and around the pitch fast, we are giving the Wolves defence all day to get in shape, nobody is trying to take a man on or do anything to get the game by the scruff of the neck.

Wolves have had no pre season and yet we look more like the team who hasn't kicked a ball in ages, I honestly can't see what we can change to make a difference with what's on the bench, but what I do know is this team is capable of playing so much better than it currently is.
Let's be honest on this form who the hells going to sign Lunny! Absolute shocker he's having.

Its been poor yes, but the over reaction is ridiculous. Some comments are true but what did we expect with our current strike force & some poor decision making for their first. Second was just a great header.

Plus they are playing on the top of their game, a pleasure to watch them [if it was not against us].

But I expected a difficult first 3 months of the season, but blooding the newcomers & a new/loan striker will settle us down come Christmas.

If not, well that's football, but lets cut the glass half full stuff on day 1!

Reactions: MJM
Tbh our pre season games hardly gave the first team a run out, it seems that Wilder wanted to see options rather than get the first team squad game time, hence why we look fragmented, why are we perineal slow starters, we have the chat but not the substance, in my view it’s the only negative with the Wilder era, our preseasons do not relate to early season form, failure to prepare prepare to fail, early observations, Lunny has put weight on and he doesn’t have the athleticism of last season and Stevens isn’t in his own mind, And not focussed enough. First half viewing suggests it’s going to be a slog.

10 wins and 6 draws Min is the target.

Theve spent some money over the years on quality players, we ain't got any (money that is)

this pre-season was a chance to add to our 11 though. If we add to the squad we stand still as the team that plays every saturday is exactly the same. Need to sign starters to improve our 11 and then the current 11 become our squad players.
We might be pinning our hopes on burke to change the game for us. A lad whos scored about 10 goals in 5 years to break down this resilient wolves defence.
we would need to replace our whole team probably to match wolves quality.

During the short summer window I so much as cared to suggest, that we might be in the relegation struggle. I was attacked for my honest opinion instantly, most fiercely by this this "St Paul and Reepersbahn" guy. Never want us to be relegated, don't believe in such a scenario, but would hope to be able to say in the future as to just what I think without any Germany-based thought-police. Or you happy-clappers on the Isles. P*ss off and let people say what they think. As you already have the right to do so on this board, you might not understand what it feels like to not to be able to state your opinion without getting the utmost ridicule. Please, let there be freedom of speech!

Because people don't like the truth that is why you were attacked for it.

The fact that we have not invested properly in the first team instead have bought squad players says it all.

Had we not had the 9th place finish last season there would be hell on because watching that first half the gulf in class was there for all to see.

Hopefully this adjusts our expectations. It's a survival scrap and I'd take 17th now.

Wolves are a quality side who play a similar system but with much better quality up & down their lineup.

We played nobody of quality pre season following cancelled trip and have been taken by surprise.

Wolves had less of a pre season than us. I think it was last Wednesday/thursday when half their squad reported for training.

Stand still and you go backwards, keeper apart it’s a last season team all we have done is add squad players !

Never mind last season, 9 of the 11 were in the Championship team!

Its been poor yes, but the over reaction is ridiculous. Some comments are true but what did we expect with our current strike force & some poor decision making for their first. Second was just a great header.

Plus they are playing on the top of their game, a pleasure to watch them [if it was not against us].

But I expected a difficult first 3 months of the season, but blooding the newcomers & a new/loan striker will settle us down come Christmas.

If not, well that's football, but lets cut the glass half full stuff on day 1!
Whilst I agree with your sentiment, it’s looking like 4 straight defeats, and yet another game where we hoof and barely create a chance, 45 mins to go though hopefully we pick up

Yogi we have looked better but not threatened once. Wolves have taken their foot off the pedal because they can.

We.need some pentetration from midfield and another striker to play alongside McB who I think has done alright.
Agreed 100% We’ve been very poor through the centre and have struggled to pass the ball in anything resembling a progressive fashion

That first half reminded me a lot of the Southend game right at the start of Wilders reign. We were shit for the first 20 minutes before the game settled down and we still looked ineffectual despite getting more of the ball.

Difference is, we’re still in it and made a good start to the 2nd half. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility we get back in this.

Reading this lot it seems that Pig fan that said some would be calling for Wilder out if we are not challenging at the top end was right, FFS chill out a bit

Back
Top Bottom