Match Thread Sheffield United v. West Ham United - 21st January 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WHU
WHU
WHU
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1705687951348.png vs. 1705687956650.png

Premier League Matchweek 21 - Sunday 21st January 2024 - 14:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-west-ham-united.677/

Officials:

Referee: Michael Salisbury
Assistants: James Mainwaring, Richard West
Fourth Official: Darren Bond
VAR: Robert Jones
Assistant VAR: Dan Robathan

🚗Matchday Parking:

Stuck for somewhere to park? - CLICK HERE FOR PARKING NEAR BRAMALL LANE

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 18.11.58.png

Robinson missed the tackle that led to the penalty,if your defence can't handle a veteran bit part forward who gets MOM,you know it's gonna cost you plenty of goals over a season.

Has to be stronger totally agree. That ball must be his.

For me plenty but it’s all about opinions. The one at the end we were lucky because I thought it was absolutely a penalty yet it didn’t even get reviewed
In defence of Anel at the end, I just seen the replay and while Anel's arms are definitely around Bowen shepherding him, it doesn't look like he's holding him with his hands and it does look like Bowen is pulling Anel towards him and down with him

To think these are still hoping to get into a Champions league spot, at the very least Europa league spot which their in now..

We were by far the better team, wasn’t even close. Shows how far we come with Wilder in a short space of time.

To think these are still hoping to get into a Champions league spot, at the very least Europa league spot which their in now..

We were by far the better team, wasn’t even close. Shows how far we come with Wilder in a short space of time.

Think it's an important point Harry.

Can be disappointed with how the game might have gone, but god it was progress that.

In defence of Anel at the end, I just seen the replay and while Anel's arms are definitely around Bowen shepherding him, it doesn't look like he's holding him with his hands and it does look like Bowen is pulling Anel towards him and down with him
That's what I thought when cross comes in bowen drags anel down and then let's go and throws his arms up
Can't believe Cole and rio can't see that

That's what I thought when cross comes in bowen drags anel down and then let's go and throws his arms up
Can't believe Cole and rio can't see that

Almost like they might be biased towards West Ham in some way. Bizarre pairing.

West Ham. Horrible club. Horrible manager. Cheating from 1st minute. Weak ref, how that donkey Zouma wasn't booked, he was moaning all match in ref's ear.
Good performance Blades, but need to take chances at this level or we are gone.

Anel was pretty poor again, he always, always holds players in our box and we were lucky to get away with it. Obviously delighted with the result but I think he is a weak spot for us at the moment.

First half yes but second he was much better
Does slow things down a bit though
We've already got Norwood for that

Being honest I thought he basically played a better version of the Norwood role all game.
No pointing and actually made himself available, didn't just pass back, found a man, tackled well/was physical.

Missing the 40 yard pings, but we don't really need them tbf

Cracking result and performance today.

Positives for me:
  • We outpossesed and outshot a team who are in theory ‘better’ than us
  • Brooks is some talent if we can keep him developing
  • McAtee is going to be world class (unfortunately not for us)
  • BBD is a nuisance, something we’ve not had all season
  • McBurnie played really well linking up midfield and attack when he came on
  • Bogle carried on looking much better
  • Brewster can’t play the next 3 games (with any luck he had a bet on himself getting a red and he gets banned for the rest of his contract when it’s discovered)

Well done Blades and Wilder for setting up like that and having a go. Keep the core together now and add some clever signings for next season.

Nearly cost us at the end and he's been garbage all season
Wasn’t his best game today. That challenge at the end, if he had watched the ball he would have made the headed clearance easy. Why the fuck does he constantly grab his man from crosses ?

Wasn’t his best game today. That challenge at the end, if he had watched the ball he would have made the headed clearance easy. Why the fuck does he constantly grab his man from crosses ?

It's a great point mate. It's seemingly been all season they choose to seem to wrestle over looking at the ball. All the CBs been guilty of it.

It's odd, and just waiting to be penalised.

what an ending that was, never known in my all years to see that GK situation at the end, where a goalkeeper needed to come on for the last kick & with everything that happened also to have no idea how long was left after the penalty

its the least we deserved for our performance. its some of best attacking football ive seen all yr. it wouldve been very disappointing to get nothing for all we put in to that game, very impressed with Brereton Diaz. at the moment it looks like he's wasnt suited to the more possession based football in Spain

but we have got to stop being our own worst enemy at times in defence gifting opposition chances. as outside of them west ham couldnt create much unless we helped them

Back
Top Bottom