Match Thread Sheffield United v. West Ham United - 21st January 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WHU
WHU
WHU
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1705687951348.png vs. 1705687956650.png

Premier League Matchweek 21 - Sunday 21st January 2024 - 14:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-west-ham-united.677/

Officials:

Referee: Michael Salisbury
Assistants: James Mainwaring, Richard West
Fourth Official: Darren Bond
VAR: Robert Jones
Assistant VAR: Dan Robathan

🚗Matchday Parking:

Stuck for somewhere to park? - CLICK HERE FOR PARKING NEAR BRAMALL LANE

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 18.11.58.png

Quite a few loose passes today better team would have punished us. He is playing alot better under Wilder in my opinion. Just very very casual at times for me.
Spot on pal. A sort of posturing confidence that threatens to get us unstuck at any slight error

Ward-Prowse. Surely the most overrated player in the Premier League. He must have touched the ball five times and two were free kicks and one was the pen.

That was the best performance of the season for me, which makes it hard to take that we didn't get three points.

If Wilder had been there from the start I think we'd have comfortably stayed up, such has been the improvement, but dropping points in these last few games has probably put it out of reach.

The only real poor performance was Anel, who seemed a bit out of sorts.

Spam fans crying on 606 about the ref. Having lived in essex for a few years, many of their fans have always been a bunch of moany wet wankers

Ward-Prowse. Surely the most overrated player in the Premier League. He must have touched the ball five times and two were free kicks and one was the pen.
Tbf, his set pieces are on a different level. If there was an option for teams to sub in a player just for set pieces clubs would be tripping over themselves trying to sign him.

Agree 100% thought he was awesome TBF. Always available, tackled and generally distributed it well.

Some fans will instead focus on the couple of passes that went astray instead
ASTRAY! ASTRAY!? There’s astray and handing the ball to the opposition on a plate with a gilt edged chance to run in on goal and score. That wasn’t “astray “ it was positively shit from a premier league player and he needs bollocking for it.

ASTRAY! ASTRAY!? There’s astray and handing the ball to the opposition on a plate with a gilt edged chance to run in on goal and score. That wasn’t “astray “ it was positively shit from a premier league player and he needs bollocking for it.

Guess it wasn't where he meant it. So, astray then 😂.

Interested to hear people had our formation down as today? I had it;

Foderingham
Bogle Anel Robinson Trusty
Souza
McAtee Hamer Brooks Brereton-Diaz
Osula

Some people have interpreted it as a 4-1-3-2 with BBD up top but dropping left side when they had possession.

In any circumstance, I thought our shape brought the best out of our midfield and Brereton Diaz gives us someone who can get in & beyond the opposition defence.

Alan Knill appears to be doing what he does best...

when will people learn. i would rather spend extra 30 mins in traffic & see the end of the game, because you never know
I’m sorry. I couldn’t bother a shiny shit about traffic because I wasn’t driving. I was just overcome by an overwhelming depression following seeing the biggest waste of space in a Blades shirt since Chris Guthrie or Dean Hammond being allowed to wander aimlessly around our pitch before once again contributing massively to fucking up our season as he has done for the last three years. If you believe in the multiverse you will realise my departure assisted in our equaliser.

I’m sorry. I couldn’t bother a shiny shit about traffic because I wasn’t driving. I was just overcome by an overwhelming depression following seeing the biggest waste of space in a Blades shirt since Chris Guthrie or Dean Hammond being allowed to wander aimlessly around our pitch before once again contributing massively to fucking up our season as he has done for the last three years. If you believe in the multiverse you will realise my departure assisted in our equaliser.
Not sure if you mean mcburnie or brewster

You can’t beat going through the match thread and reading some of the posts . Fucking hilarious seriously! Boys and girls a little advice wait until the final whistle then have a moment to consider then post . But wait no don’t do that or I’ll not get my fill of comedy after I get home .
Todays best one for me -
MacAtee looks nervous about taking the pen 😂😂😂 he never was going to ask McB
Class bloody class

🛍️ Carrier Bag Firm
⚔️ Sheffield United 2️⃣
🆚 West Ham United 2️⃣
⚔️ SUFC Game 3️⃣8️⃣
📢 Confess your unpopular opinion about Rhian Brewster
😆 The antidote to calm
⚖️ The Refs not immune
👟 Drag Backs & Track Backs
📋 My Football & Beer Blog
📖 Read here 👇

🛍️ Carrier Bag Firm
⚔️ Sheffield United 2️⃣
🆚 West Ham United 2️⃣
⚔️ SUFC Game 3️⃣8️⃣
📢 Confess your unpopular opinion about Rhian Brewster
😆 The antidote to calm
⚖️ The Refs not immune
👟 Drag Backs & Track Backs
📋 My Football & Beer Blog
📖 Read here 👇

“ Living on confidence - sprinkled with nutmeg”. Superb.
An entertaining take on a good day - thanks.

Back
Top Bottom