Match Thread Sheffield United v. Norwich City - 6th Mar 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
NORW
NORW
NORW
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1583524669514.png v. 1583524675185.png
EPL Week 29 - Saturday 7th March 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-norwich-city.493/

Officials:

Referee:
Simon Hooper
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Michael Salisbury
Video Assistant Referee: Lee Mason
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

1583524832298.png

I would have put him on the bench in place of Retsos. We already have cover at the back with Jags and Osborn.

Retsos can cover any of the right defensive roles, and is an emergency option at RCM. That basically means that if Norwood & Lundstram are injured at the same time for example we have subs to cover that situation without moving anyone to a position they don’t ever play. There is a logic to why Wilder does what he does. If pretty much we have any combination of two injuries, we can cover this easily. If Basham & Baldock pick up injuries in the game today, who would be covering that without changing formation on your Freeman-for-Retsos suggestion, and without moving a player to an unfamiliar position?

No handshakes between the teams due to Corona virus, what a load of bollocks

Why are Norwich not playing in yellow?

If we don't win this... Only been 1 team playing so far

Very good and controlled first half that. Their only danger has been from the occasional punt upfield, and even the ref towards the end of the half became tired of their theatrics in trying to engineer a free-kick. They’ve not changed, and look embarrassing even in a league that has Palace in it.

The job’s by no means done yet though. We need to stay alert, and keep doing what we’re doing. Sharp’s been quite superb.

Very good and controlled first half that. Their only danger has been from the occasional punt upfield, and even the ref towards the end of the half became tired of their theatrics in trying to engineer a free-kick. They’ve not changed, and look embarrassing even in a league that has Palace in it.

The job’s by no means done yet though. We need to stay alert, and keep doing what we’re doing. Sharp’s been quite superb.
I think we've on the whole been excellent.

Not got a fucking clue why Palace are being ridiculed? There's Brighton, Bournemouth, Burnley. No idea why Palace are the disgrace to be in the PL?

I think we've on the whole been excellent.

Not got a fucking clue why Palace are being ridiculed? There's Brighton, Bournemouth, Burnley. No idea why Palace are the disgrace to be in the PL?
Because a Palace fan said we shouldn't be in "THEIR" Premier League.

Made Henderson earn his wages today but also some great attacking play.

Wasn't quite as intense as the Reading game, but we let them have a lot of ball, and McGoldrick didn't really get a touch which is a shame.

Good game from the midfield for the most part, Bash with some superb skill, if only it had the finish.

Result is all obviously. Another 3 points, keeps us in the mix. Norwich played well when they weren't on their arses, in that regard, Hooper is as much to blame for letting them get away with it.

Hanley got a free kick for losing his balance.

must say I enjoy hardfought wins, but sure isn't good for health. Burnley 3-0 at HT, only game with normal secondhalf pulse

We started both halves slowly and were quite lucky to not be trailing by the time Sharp scored. After about 25 minutes we dominated though. Struggled to get into it at the start of the second but then dominated for an extended period again. Bit of luck with the Henderson double save but great reactions on the second shot. Also great reaction from McGoldrick to clear. Lunny should have had a goal today. He has a knack of being in the right place and we're better going forwards with him in the team at the moment. I thought Sharp and McBurnie both worked hard. Baldock had a much better game. Fleck was a bit lucky not to get booked and seemed a bit off the pace first half.

MOM Basham. Made things happen and constantly on the move.

That was most satisfying. Bit odd in that I thought we defended excellently yet Henderson still had to pull off some great saves.

Some praise in particular for Baldock, who had a tricky opponent and while maybe being less noticeable compared to those sweeping in with a strong tackle, he used his strength on numerous occasions to snuff out the danger – thought that was the best he’d played in a while.

Last edited:
He's obviously a little too excited about watching our Billy in action 🤣

In contrast, his mirror opposite leaning on the advertising board on the front row simply carries the expression of “I’m not angry, I’m just really disappointed”

Knocking one out over how accurate our kidney punches are

When on the front row, you have to take advantage of the fact your gestures down low are visible. This guy gets that.

Each expression from the Norwich end is a gem, but let’s start with front row guy giving the wanker gesture.

View attachment 73226

Were they giving him shit today before he scored? I hope so otherwise he’s turned into the world's angriest man this week. Morrison on Tuesday and the 6 fingered ones today getting his wrath.

Back
Top Bottom