Match Thread Sheffield United v. Norwich City - 6th Mar 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
NORW
NORW
NORW
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1583524669514.png v. 1583524675185.png
EPL Week 29 - Saturday 7th March 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-norwich-city.493/

Officials:

Referee:
Simon Hooper
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Michael Salisbury
Video Assistant Referee: Lee Mason
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

1583524832298.png

I’m not sure that Wilder would have expected us to go to extra time at Reading, but I’ve no doubt he’ll have planned for the eventuality with the thought tomorrow may be too soon for some to recover. Had it finished at 90 mins I think the team would be reverted back to the Brighton lineup. I wonder though whether the minutes for Lundstram, coupled with Berge perhaps not being able to recover as quickly as the rest of the squad, may mean a surprise start for Besic. That’s my wild prediction for tomorrow.

Henderson
Baldock Basham Egan O’Connell Stevens
Besic Norwood Fleck
Sharp McBurnie

Start Didzy and Mousset again upfront. Change if not working. Haven't given up on Mousset yet. Billy is the impact sub.

I’m not sure that Wilder would have expected us to go to extra time at Reading, but I’ve no doubt he’ll have planned for the eventuality with the thought tomorrow may be too soon for some to recover. Had it finished at 90 mins I think the team would be reverted back to the Brighton lineup. I wonder though whether the minutes for Lundstram, coupled with Berge perhaps not being able to recover as quickly as the rest of the squad, may mean a surprise start for Besic. That’s my wild prediction for tomorrow.

Henderson
Baldock Basham Egan O’Connell Stevens
Besic Norwood Fleck
Sharp McBurnie
Good shout as it would be a very robust, but skillful midfield, provided Besic has still got his blades head on?

Well it seems a long time now, but at last back in League action, with the visit of bottom of the table Norwich City. For a few weeks I've thought this was one of the 3 matches we would most likely struggle in. However, on the basis that we only managed a draw against Brighton in the end, I hope we make up for that this afternoon. Norwich have picked up in recent matches, so I read, and obviously have managed 2 wins, albeit the last one on penalties. Perhaps that could work in our favour, since they played Wednesday, and were involved in a tough game...

Anyway...

Any team news? :)

Fleck returning?

Is Stevens recovered?

Sharp and McBurnie starting up front?

Really get into the business end of the season now, and unless Coronavirus wrecks it, this is certainly the best season in living memory already. I remain worried about this afternoon's game, however I'm gonna go for the Blades being victorious 2-1.

UTB

2-0 Blades

Nay bother.

Going to be a tough game this Narwich seem to have hit a bit of form plus they seem to raise their game for the big clubs (yes us) lol, I'd love to see us win. I'd love to see us qualify for Europe as the only chance or thought we stood was either war, or somebody writing us a song.

Our last home game of the season? Maybe ?..

2-1 Today (not sure to who though)

Just hope someone kicks Cantwell up in the air, ever seen a footballer with a more punchable face? Up there with Grealish in the prancing around like a big girl stakes for me.

A Norwich fan/ friend just described Cantwell as talented but susceptible to strong gusts of wind!!

Just hope someone kicks Cantwell up in the air, ever seen a footballer with a more punchable face? Up there with Grealish in the prancing around like a big girl stakes for me.
I’d like us to sign him in summer.

Have heard that Lundstram starts instead of Berge and Osborn starts instead of Stevens.

Not too surprising that Berge’s rested for this one as already stated – I’m sure he’ll be back for Newcastle. Otherwise, unsurprisingly the same lineup as the Brighton game.

Cue outrage about Lundstram starting, Freeman not even on the bench (“I don’t understand it, despite all evidence of why built across nearly two-thirds of a season”) and maybe a sprinkling of questions about Zivkovic’s absence from the bench again (“Must have had a falling out with Wilder, no other reason for him being signed and frozen out”).

Last edited:
Not too surprising that Berge’s rested for this one as already stated – I’m sure he’ll be back for Newcastle. Otherwise, unsurprisingly the same lineup as the Brighton game.

Cue outrage about Lundstram starting, Freeman not even on the bench (“I don’t understand it, despite all evidence of why built across nearly two-thirds of a season”) and maybe a sprinkling of questions about Zivkovic’s absence from the bench again (“Must have had a falling out with Wilder, no other reason for him being signed and frozen out”).

I am slightly surprised that Besic isn't on the bench instead of Berge given the fact he must be shattered. As probably is Lunny.

I am slightly surprised that Besic isn't on the bench instead of Berge given the fact he must be shattered. As probably is Lunny.

I wouldn’t have been surprised to see that either, or indeed Besic starting, but I’m sure that Berge is able to be on the bench based on all the fitness data we have. If he wasn’t, he wouldn’t be.

Freeman is desperately unlucky not to make the bench. But who do you drop? It’s testament to how much our squad depth has improved over the last two years.

Anybody worrying about this “extra traffic”, don't. Just took 20m from Oughtibridge. Was actually sat in my seat before Norwich came out to warm up.

That said, dont know if parkings bad as we were dropped off.

Freeman is desperately unlucky not to make the bench. But who do you drop? It’s testament to how much our squad depth has improved over the last two years.

He’s unlucky in that Wilder has a set-up he likes to stick to for a matchday squad, meaning he will prefer Osborn to cover two positions than have Freeman offering just one. He’s also unlucky that Fleck has been largely injury-free and excellent.

I would have put him on the bench in place of Retsos. We already have cover at the back with Jags and Osborn.

Very harsh on Freeman given his performance midweek.

Would have liked to have seen Freeman on the bench, just incase we need a spark.

Back
Top Bottom