Match Thread Sheffield United v. Newcastle United - 24th September 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
NEWC
NEWC
NEWC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1695316970651.png vs. 1695316977673.png

Premier League Matchweek 6 - Sunday 24th September 2023 - 16:30 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-newcastle-united.662/

Officials:

Referee: Stuart Attwell
Assistants: Con Hatzidakis, James Mainwaring
Fourth Official: Anthony Taylor
VAR: Darren England
Assistant VAR: Neil Davies

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 18.25.48.png

worst part is dermot going to turn up on monday & apologise for officals mistakes. but that doesnt help us now. although our defending it might have being delaying the inevitable

Defensively so so bad. i think all the comments about the ref are spot on as well. So inconsistent the refs and VAR at this level.

We’ve been poor though, played ourselves into trouble a few times. I genuinely don’t understand how players at the highest level can’t play 15 yard passes to feet.

Less hoof this week but still need to improve on the ball or we are going crashing down.

I might be wrong, and someone please correct me if i am, but don't we have 5 players in midfield today? That midfield has more holes in it than a teabag!

We arent completing the simplest of passes, gaps left right and centre, i think McAtee is the only player I've noticed as the rest are invisible.

As a side why do players like Gordon and Grealish spoil their reputation with diving like they do, he's been shocking today with that nonsense

We have been poor this shows we simply cannot compete on a consistent basis in this league. This could happen a few times this season. Huge gaps in the middle of the park.

No excuse for that performance in the 1st half. What is Hecky thinking? Norwood and Souza lying deep in front of the back five, both pretty central. Then further forward we have the next two, Hamer off to the left and McAtee looking like right wing most of the time, so big gaps centrally through those two obviously and it’s very easy for Newcastle to attack very quickly. Really really bad.

Robinson lost his head and was very lucky not to get sent off.

Robinson knew it as well with his reaction to the yellow.
he got the ball way before longstaff got there. its a 50/50. robinson has every right to go for that ball. everyone knows in 50/50 if you dont get the ball your going to come off badly. we shouldnt be punishing any defender for winning the ball

Sometimes when decisions have gone against us and Robinson doing his crunching tackles it's focused the mind and we've got back in it but unfortunately sometimes, like today it makes us loose our minds, hecky needs to do some work now to settle them down or this is going to end up a tanning

Referee and VAR have been awful, but our inability to defend crosses is becoming a weekly occurrence. Wes already MOM despite possibly slightly being at fault for two goals. I'd be tempted to settle for three nil and put another destroyer in midfield.

Robinson lost his head and was very lucky not to get sent off.

Robinson knew it as well with his reaction to the yellow.
Get a fucking grip. Was an absolutely perfect tackle. No follow through or anything, how can anyone watching football or anyone who has played it at any level think that's unlucky not to get sent off ffs.

he got the ball way before longstaff got there. its a 50/50. robinson has every right to go for that ball. everyone knows in 50/50 if you dont get the ball your going to come off badly. we shouldnt be punishing any defender for winning the ball

It's completely irrelevant whether he got the ball or not.

It's not a rule and it never has been. Biggest myth in football.

Robinson's tackle in the modern game is a red card more often than not.

We're lucky he's still on the pitch.

Like they did last time?
Yeah and we were nearly in admin. We won’t make the same financial mistake again, whoever can be sold will be sold and tbh rightly so. Its stay up this year or accept years back down below imo.

It's completely irrelevant whether he got the ball or not.

It's not a rule and it never has been. Biggest myth in football.

Robinson's tackle in the modern game is a red card more often than not.

We're lucky he's still on the pitch.
thats ridiculous. whats the point of any tackling if its an offence to win the ball. Newcastle player knew what to expect when he went in for that. or did i miss the ruling when premier league turned into basketball

Back
Top Bottom