Sheffield United v. Leicester City - 22/08/2017

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don't agree mate. Replay shows the scorer was offside when the initial pass was player through.

Quality play from Lavery there.

Do you mean quality misplaced cross?

The scorer was offsidefor initial pass but he wasn't involved in that phase of play. That's the new rule isn't it?o_O

Things could be much worse! We could be losing 3 nil with our first team out against a team in the same league! Now that would be embarrassing!

Do you mean quality misplaced cross?

The scorer was offsidefor initial pass but he wasn't involved in that phase of play. That's the new rule isn't it?o_O
I'm not clear when one phase ends and another begins these days! But he was off when the throughball was played. One touch later he was putting the ball in the net. It's a very lenient rule if your infringement can be overlooked so soon after being off.

Brooks is pure class

Lavery much better second half

Surprised neither have been brought off though, both with a bit of cramp and I'd much rather one of them start over Ched on sat

We need to get perspective here. 8 changes and Slimani cost £29m and Gray £3.7m and they don't normally start!
Wonder how much that musa cost them other than the cross for their third he's been worst player on the pitch

Lavery will start over Ched, based on tonight. BBC 5 live saying we're spirited if nothing else! Sod off Beeb, they've ignored our 8 changes all night.

Defending schoolboy at time....

At least 3 goals were the results of defenders turning their backs on the striker.

Brooks..... sorry but the lad is quality. Needs to improve that right peg mind.

Brooks, good performance , great future ahead for him , really hope with us for a few years ! no doubt an offer will come in before the end of the window
Will we hold onto him ? History not on our side !

This shows the strength of Premiership teams, multi-million pound squad players, its all about money these days

Positive for me tonight is Brooks

£6m wasn't it?
Even Giddings and Edwards have been saying musa has been shocking, but also saying shoreline is a bit harsh and that we've put in a good performance need to work on final ball and finishing but other than that a good performance

Baldock looked very good too.

He did. But then Freeman had a good game I thought.

There were some bright spots tonight and as much as it was a disappointing result, the changes to players and formation were always going to wreak havoc.

I give this result a 77% shoulder shrug.

Baldock was the bright spot for me. Brooks was different class but we all expected that, hope we can make it to the transfer window with him still in our squad! Why do we never play Evans and Sharp together?

Brooksy has what it takes to have a top career

Can't quite work out how the opinions of one or two on here have already been made dismissing his career

They never looked uncomfortable.

One thing I've learnt this season so far is that we're physically weak and second best. I felt we looked unfit tonight too. Lafferty lacklustre, Brooks brilliant.

Defending was schoolboy at times and I'm surprised even against Leicester how easily we were carved open.

Just abit of a nothing performance albeit against a solid Prem side. Oh well.

Suppose this was to be expected with that many changes. Did ok in spells but Leicester (like Middlesbrough and Cardiff) were much stronger and quicker. Something we need to work on in the form of recruitment but also tactically. We can't be that open against stronger sides, as much as I like to see us pressing high and being positive.

Another lesson tonight and it highlights the need for additional options up the middle of the pitch.

Baldock was a big positive. Lafferty, I rate him, looked rusty. We looked OK. It was a mad 10 mins that undid us, it happens. Despite the result, I was impressed with how we played. The front four of Leicester were very pacy, we are not going to see much quicker than that. We did OK against them. Wilder and Knill will sort the problems, of that I have no doubt.

Thought we started slowly but after 10 minutes thought we gave them a very good game for the first half. At 0 - 0 I thought their forward should have certainly had a second yellow card, that would have changed the game. For their first goal our defender Baldock was caught upfield and Gray ran into the space and through the rest of the defence. After the first goal they were brilliant at sucking us in and hitting us on the break. Pity the commentators kept saying how Leicester had made 8 changes forgot to say we had made the same amount. Of our squad players thought Baldock looked good, Lavern was better than Evans, though the forwards, including Sharpe, were short of service. Brooks looks potentially great.

Played great tonight, if we're going to lose, losing like that is about as good as it gets.

It's cliché at this point but Brooks was fantastic, couple of defensive issues, and Lundstram looked shagged out from 5 minutes on, but if we play like that in the league we'll be well away, and entertaining too.

Ref was a bit shit, Slimani should have been sent off.

Good game though, good for neutrals.

Played great tonight, if we're going to lose, losing like that is about as good as it gets.

It's cliché at this point but Brooks was fantastic, couple of defensive issues, and Lundstram looked shagged out from 5 minutes on, but if we play like that in the league we'll be well away, and entertaining too.

Ref was a bit shit, Slimani should have been sent off.

Good game though, good for neutrals.
Not sure I'd say we played great tbh.

I was wanting coutts on straight after haltime, to try and keep hold of the ball abit more. Lundstrum played much better than he did against walsaw, but still isn't as good as coutts or fleck. Brooks did fine as a raw talent but his final ball needs improving. Samir had a good first half then disappeared for most of the second. Baldock will become a fans favourite I recon.

Back
Top Bottom