Match Thread Sheffield United v. Huddersfield Town - 21st August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
HUDD
HUDD
HUDD
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1629482504907.png v. 1629482510806.png
Championship Week 4 - Saturday 21st August 2021 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-huddersfield-town.555/

Officials:

Referee:
Michael Salisbury
Assistant Referee: Wade Smith
Assistant Referee: Philip Dermott
Fourth Official: Geoff Eltringham

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 19.02.08.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Last edited:

Only want a more competitive midfield. Same lack lustre quartet will not bring a different result. This is the definition of insanity. Please bring in Freeman and give Brunt a chance. Drop "won't track back" Norwood and "lost the plot" Fleck. It's a derby game need some bite and a bit of flair. But probably not going to happen. But I live in hope.

Its going to be fun to see how many changes are going to be made and who will be wearing the gloves tomorrow in goal after Wednesday embarrassing performance.

I think this will be a very nervy match for us,we definitely need to score first,they will probably sit back and wait for the crowd to get restless and spread to players who have already been drained of confidence,but they will be keen to test out whoever is in goal.The longer we go without scoring,the more nervous the players will get,it could be another Birmingham,but I will go for us taking the lead,and then it will be all on can we get a second,because if we try to defend a 1 goal lead,they will score for sure,and if they score early enough,I can see them getting another,seen this scenario played out at the Lane dozens of times down the years

If Fleck and Norwood are starting in the middle and same front two as on Wednesday we’ve got nothing to come.
They will definitely score though which usually means defeat. 0-1.

So it looks like bombscare and no hands are rotating as keeper. We will have Davies in from the start hopefully and now surely is the time to include Freeman and one of the young lads to replace well frankly any of the midfield.
I think it was clearly a brilliant piece of management on Wednesday, by including the usual suspects in a formation played for years and getting battered, it showed the board that they really need to get their fingers out as this lot are done. Said before the end of last season a massive rebuild was needed but we are going to struggle to get rid of the expensive deadwood. Only way I see we can do it is to drop the likes of Fleck and Norwood in the hope, when it's clear they won't play again, they either turn it around or their agents will try and find a move away even if it's just to get rid of their wages.

Got 0-0 all over it.. BUT my heart says blades 2-0 and a decent performance.

Ben Davies in and Bash moved into midfield along with Freeman please, with Brewster to provide some pace and energy in the general direction of the opposition penalty area rather than running straight for the line as if going for a "Try". As for the traction engine - bring him on for a 15 minute blow-out to show would-be buyers how good he can be......(Cough....) Going into hibernation now - let me know when we score a goal....

3pm on a Saturday,fink the last one i attended with that KO time was Norwich City the game which we won and the Prem dream ended,because we went into lockdown soon after.

So it looks like bombscare and no hands are rotating as keeper. We will have Davies in from the start hopefully and now surely is the time to include Freeman and one of the young lads to replace well frankly any of the midfield.
I think it was clearly a brilliant piece of management on Wednesday, by including the usual suspects in a formation played for years and getting battered, it showed the board that they really need to get their fingers out as this lot are done. Said before the end of last season a massive rebuild was needed but we are going to struggle to get rid of the expensive deadwood. Only way I see we can do it is to drop the likes of Fleck and Norwood in the hope, when it's clear they won't play again, they either turn it around or their agents will try and find a move away even if it's just to get rid of their wages.
All three mid fielders should be dropped . Give Boogle a place on right side of mid field Osborn and Freeman being the others.At least we will have tries in stead of card board cut outs.

Ben Davies in and Bash moved into midfield along with Freeman please, with Brewster to provide some pace and energy in the general direction of the opposition penalty area rather than running straight for the line as if going for a "Try". As for the traction engine - bring him on for a 15 minute blow-out to show would-be buyers how good he can be......(Cough....) Going into hibernation now - let me know when we score a goal....
You might be there for a long time mate.

Hope you are right mate but asking this lot to put the ball in the net TWICE is a bloody tall order.
I know but I do think we'll win an it'll be a different SUFC I also think slav will get his signings through the door an we'll be OK maybe top 6. I really don't buy in to the panic everybody seems to be in buy agree we need 5 players. We've been shit for 15-18 month so we was never going to turn up an walk the league.

I know but I do think we'll win an it'll be a different SUFC I also think slav will get his signings through the door an we'll be OK maybe top 6. I really don't buy in to the panic everybody seems to be in buy agree we need 5 players. We've been shit for 15-18 month so we was never going to turn up an walk the league.
The clocks a ticking. Into single digit days remaining. 5 through the door in 9 and a bit days is some ask.

Another performance like wednesday night and the place will be toxic, time to pack it in if we can't beat these. Even the pigs got a 0-0 with them a few weeks back.

I fear the worst.
There’s something seriously wrong at the club that is beyond the ability of any team coach/manager to be able to fix.

Years of being positive and the fans on the side of the players has gone, and despite the recent efforts by the owner to keep them onside with his hollow words he’s doing nothing that will be able to convince me in the long term that he will make this club successful.

Got 0-0 or a Jordan Rhodes 1-0 written all over this. Goal drought continues

Move the ball quicker. Please blades I'm begging you, I can’t stop thinking David Weir and it makes me feel dirty.

My XI:

———————Wes———————

———Bash——Egan——Davies——

Bogle——Berge——Brunt—-Osborne

——————Freeman——————

————McBurnie—Brewster———

I think Norwood will play but I’d like to see Brunt given a chance as he and Fleck have been utter shit but there’s no one else. Berge just gets ahead of them as he has the ability to move the ball and Freeman may bring something new out of him in terms of having options on the ball.

Also every chance we see 4-2-3-1 with Bash pushed into midfield. Not what I want but it’s an option.

1-0 Blades.

Got 0-0 or a Jordan Rhodes 1-0 written all over this. Goal drought continues

Normally you’re negative but that’s a realistic prediction.
Two of the most shot shy out of confidence sides play each other….what could go wrong?
Head says another nervous 0-0 or 1-0.

Think (hopefully) we’ll nick it 1-0 with a late penalty but it won’t be pretty.

Two of the most shot shy out of confidence sides play each other….what could go wrong?
Head says another nervous 0-0 or 1-0.

Think we’ll knick it 1-0 with a late penalty but it won’t be pretty.
We’re not scoring today.

Back
Top Bottom