Match Thread Sheffield United v. Huddersfield Town - 21st August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
HUDD
HUDD
HUDD
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1629482504907.png v. 1629482510806.png
Championship Week 4 - Saturday 21st August 2021 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-huddersfield-town.555/

Officials:

Referee:
Michael Salisbury
Assistant Referee: Wade Smith
Assistant Referee: Philip Dermott
Fourth Official: Geoff Eltringham

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 19.02.08.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Last edited:

Thanks, thought this was interesting and good to read an analytical article when so much is on Youtube these days.

Working away this weekend. Anywhere I can listen to/watch the match? Thanks
You can listen to it on SUTV, or presumably Radio Sheffield if you're in the area & have a radio. If you're overseas you can watch it on the TV channels Foxy lists in the first post.

So, this mornings news that Slav has requested Coulibaly be brought over, due to our lack of a useable midfield, has come to light.
Unfortunately it wont be in time for todays uphill battle.
Still think we will lose, hoping I'm wrong, but I've just got a feeling the rot will continue.
Nevertheless, il be in the south, getting a sore throat from shouting!
COYRAWW!!!
Oh, and please, please, make an effort today!!

Like most places today it is a wet matchday forecast with low pressure calling the shots. It won't be too cold but it will be pretty wet!
As for score predictions, I do fancy the Blades to get a win as Huddersfield look pretty uninspiring on paper.

I'll go 2-1 with McBurnie on the scoresheet. Safe travels folks, and take a raincoat ;)

match forecasts (2).png

Just want to see some attacking intent from us today , Freeman , Brunt & Bogle in MF and Davies in a back 3 again , Brewster & McBurnie up top .
Hope we can get 3points by any means today
Got 0-0 written all over it

Fucking wank, boooooooooooo, shoes off, robson out!!

Bash made comment in his pre match interview that he was looking forward to playing, so does he play in a 3 at the back or in midfield?

My preference would be in a 3 but think it is more likely in the midfield. I think if Berge starts we need to get him starting further forward even as a 10.

UTB

Any body that can catch a ball
Baldrick - Egan - Davies - my nan
beige - bash - freeman
Bogle - mcPub - BrewDog

Blind faith, but I do fancy us for the win today.

Decent run of fixtures after this too with Luton, Peterborough, Preston, Derby & Hull to build some momentum.

If we don’t get going with these next 6 fixtures we never will.

I have woke up this morning looking forward to this in a strange way, I have never attended a game before when we have intentionally started without a goal keeper so I am intrigued to see how the experiment turns out.

In all seriousness I expect us to gift Huddersfield at least two so we will need to score two at least to get anything out of this one.

heart says 2–2 draw

head says 0-2 defeat.

I am actually glad that I can't make this one.

UTB

any formation that stops us passing sideways, backwards, then sideways again,
until we get closed down until we pass it back to the goalkeeper to hoof the ball in hope

as someone joked on twitter, we have a tactical advantage over huddersfield because if we dont know who is going to play & in what formation. how on earth to huddersfield going to know. but we will click eventually its just going to take patience & even if that WBA gave me horrible flashblacks to the 1st 20 mins of southend game

i could see a few of those from carlisle in today because jokanvic seemed quite angry as you assume & was quite damning laying the problem at the players. i rarely heard a manager mid season saying that he wants the lot out, saying he would happy with 5 but even happier with more than 5

Ive got a long awaited do on later so ive got to leave 15 mins into second half, but its either that or not going and to me an hour of united is better than nothing, so if you see someone leaving early dont give us grief, as for the match 3-1 all our goals in the last 30 mins, coyrww

Come on Blades , you owe us after that abysmal performance .

Can’t wait to see the team sheet for this one . Freeman surely has to start amongst other changes .

After Swansea, and taking into account how Huddersfield were last week, I thought we’d win today.

After seeing the WBA debacle: who knows?

we need new players, fast.

we can win today, if some of the squad take a long hard look at themselves and try harder.

Nothing about Coulibaly that I can see, just a rehashed article from Nathan Hemingway about him spending this year at Beerschot and not being in our plans 🤷🏾‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom