Match Thread Sheffield United v. Huddersfield Town - 21st August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
HUDD
HUDD
HUDD
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1629482504907.png v. 1629482510806.png
Championship Week 4 - Saturday 21st August 2021 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-huddersfield-town.555/

Officials:

Referee:
Michael Salisbury
Assistant Referee: Wade Smith
Assistant Referee: Philip Dermott
Fourth Official: Geoff Eltringham

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 19.02.08.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Last edited:

After Swansea, and taking into account how Huddersfield were last week, I thought we’d win today.

After seeing the WBA debacle: who knows?

we need new players, fast.

we can win today, if some of the squad take a long hard look at themselves and try harder.
I'll be very disappointed if at least one of the youngsters doesn't start today

I'd like to see:

———————Wes———————

Bogle——Egan——Davies——RND(if fit)

——Berge——Bash——Osborne——

——————Freeman——————

————McBurnie—Brewster———

Full-backs given the license to push high up the pitch to give us width, with Bash sitting in to cover them.

Just watching a Barnsley team away at qpr that's been put together for about 50p and a bag of pork scratchings. Yet they play way better football than us and actually create chances. What's gone on at the blades is just a disgrace, millions in transfer fees and wages wasted on players not fit to wear the shirt

Just watching a Barnsley team away at qpr that's been put together for about 50p and a bag of pork scratchings. Yet they play way better football than us and actually create chances. What's gone on at the blades is just a disgrace, millions in transfer fees and wages wasted on players not fit to wear the shirt
You would think the players would react to their position. Last chance saloon starts at 3.

I'm not usually a one for booing players but if they don't put a fucking shift in and look like they can't pass a ball then they had better get their arseholes ready, because I shall be going in dry.

Freeman has got to start and as shite as they are Mcburnie and Brewster have to start, if that doesn't work...maybe we start drawing names out of the hat before kick off and stick some of us up top?

Obviously you will be breathalysed and drug swiped, we are a fucking professional club after all.

Sander looks like someone who doesn’t wanna be there on the clubs Twitter today.

I will cry if i see robsinson with a midfield 3 of berge, norwood and fleck in then starting 11

If there isn't a reaction today after WBA then this group of players need to be moved on quickly.

Wes
Baldock
Egan
Davies
Anyone BUT Robinson

Bogle
Berge
Freeman

MCB
Brewster
Sharp

That’s more like it Slav proper team that get at them and attack

That team should batter half of this league when they go for it

I saw three at the back with Davies and Norrington-Davies and felt more optimistic. I then saw Norwood, Fleck and Berge in midfield and the optimism waned. I then saw McBurnie and Brewster up top together and a bit of optimism returned.

I'd prefer to see Bogle in midfield with Freeman with Berge or Osborn behind them than continue with that useless trio in midfield.

Freeman and Bogle must be wank in training if they can't get a shirt off Fleck, Norwood or Berge.

Last edited:
Here's how we line up this afternoon. Slaviša Jokanović makes five changes. Wes Foderingham makes his first league start for the Blades, with Ben Davies making his debut in defence.
Might as well sell Bogle and Freeman, if the can't get in the team after our shit start.

Here's how we line up this afternoon. Slaviša Jokanović makes five changes. Wes Foderingham makes his first league start for the Blades, with Ben Davies making his debut in defence.
I'd say that was a descent line up, be nice to see Freeman get some minutes assuming he's on the bench - Brewster should be interesting to watch as it seems Slavia is giving him more "one to one" coaching, my guess is he will be playing on the shoulder of McBurnie, I fancy a good win today!!

If Norwood and Fleck can't come to life against a team like Huddersfield they should ride the bench. WBA were too big and strong for weak and badly out of form players. Come on Blades this should be 3 points today.

Back
Top Bottom