Match Thread Sheffield United v. Fulham - 30th March 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
FULH
FULH
FULH
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1711573266118.png vs 1711573290530.png

Premier League Matchweek 30 - Saturday 30th March 2024 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-fulham.686/

Officials:

Referee: Tim Robinson
Assistants: Mat Wilkes, Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Graham Scott
VAR: Andy Madley
Assistant VAR: Harry Lennard

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 21.00.13.png

That free header does me in more than any other moment from the game. By miles.
Mix up between Robinson and Holgate. Holgate seems to switch off. Robinson grabs him and appears to tell him to mark Muniz or Palhinha. Holgate decides to mark Muniz, while Palhinha runs towards the first post and nods it in. Robinson was left behind on his own.

Robinson had words with Holgate afterwards. I checked a prior corner. Holgate was marking Palhinha on that one.

Not quite sure if they were strictly man marking, or had an arrangement of who should go with the first post runner, etc.

Mix up between Robinson and Holgate. Holgate seems to switch off. Robinson grabs him and appears to tell him to mark Muniz or Palhinha. Holgate decides to mark Muniz, while Palhinha runs towards the first post and nods it in. Robinson was left behind on his own.

Robinson had words with Holgate afterwards. I checked a prior corner. Holgate was marking Palhinha on that one.

Not quite sure if they were strictly man marking, or had an arrangement of who should go with the first post runner, etc.
Correct BB.
Unfortunately, barring Egan and Baldock, I don’t think we have a defender who is Premier League quality. As much as Robbo has had a good season, it’s more a reflection of his peers and he still has a costly mistake in him, as does Holgate.

Thought Osborn, Blaster and the front two were our best today.

I'm sick to death of every goal being met with a sense of dread they'll find a reason to disallow it. I truly do think football has eventually died. It probably started with the acquisitions of Chelsea and Man City and every year they find a way to take more enjoyment out of the game.

If someone can explain the genius ball boy decision as well that will be lovely
100% agree re VAR. In the PL they're not using it to overturn "clear and obvious errors." That's how it SHOULD be used. Instead, for some fucking odd reason, every single time a goal is scored, a bunch of twats in Stockley Park are desperately trying to find ANY reason they can to disallow it. The list of things they "aren't allowed" to use it for is odd as well.

Case in point today...looked like their number 3 had his hands round Hamer's throat. Can't check that and give a (correct) red card because play has stopped by that point. Yet they can disallow goals because of "offside" decisions that nobody on earth could see in real time (not so much today, thinking more about the one the other year at Spurs).

Football should be about goals. The raw emotion of the celebration when a big goal goes in. I've not seen a celebration on the kop like the one for our 4th today for a long, long time. Then all of a sudden we're all stood on tenterhooks while a bunch of jobsworths draw lines and move cameras around because they absolutely MUST find any tiny, fractional, ridiculous reason to rule it out.

Trying to find a couple of positives from today...

1. We got a(nother) point. We can slowly try and edge ourselves up the list of "lowest points finishes" for a season? 😂
2. Thought Arblaster had a decent game. Showed some nice touches and tried to get involved. Will probably be a starter every game next season.
3. McB and BBD both played really well, and looked like they have a decent understanding. Shame that in all likelihood neither will be here next season.

He looked confident and competent.

Which puts him ahead of quite a few of his peers to be honest.
Good.

This season is long over so all im bothered about now is seeing our future first team players, if he can cut it in the premier league then next season is looking promising already!

this so disappointing to have the highs of being 4-1 & then have to hang on to 3-3. where do you get 14 mins from. but we are used to corruption. at this point id like to know what we did to piss off Howard Webb so much. but we need to look at our subitutions as well. because thats is consecutive games we've made a few subitutions & the games turned on its head gone from easily on top to hanging on. & 3-2 what happened, it felt like we just switched off while they scored with ease & walk it in from the kick off

we've got to keep ben Brereton next season. he's arguably been our best signing this season. absoultely transformed the team. we look quite close to premier league quality when he's in. hopefully villereal still think he is crap & we can get him on the cheap. whereas Souza is real jekyll & hyde player when he's good he's great. but on days like today. he is absoulte liability as he seems to have no interest in defensive side & tracking back

then what should be a premier league classic instead discussing it being ruined by Premier league. today is proof they need to get rid of VAR or at least have higher bar, not every goal needs checking as what ever happened to clear & obvious. I dont see where watching the replay where souza is a blatant error. i dont even know where he was offside

as if couldnt get worse. our 3rd goal was absolute shambles. nobody had any idea if the goal had been given or not. i thought it had been given & 1st id known of it being in doubt was when the red card came up. fans should be the 1st thought not the last

Correct BB.
Unfortunately, barring Egan and Baldock, I don’t think we have a defender who is Premier League quality. As much as Robbo has had a good season, it’s more a reflection of his peers and he still has a costly mistake in him, as does Holgate.

Thought Osborn, Blaster and the front two were our best today.
me to thought Osborn was great along with Ali blaster and Dias was superb wish we could sign him on a perm contract . Lost our best defender at corners when McBurnie went off and we payed the price as we did the other week .

this so disappointing to have the highs of being 4-1 & then have to hang on to 3-3. where do you get 14 mins from. but we are used to corruption. at this point id like to know what we did to piss off Howard Webb so much. but we need to look at our subitutions as well. because thats is consecutive games we've made a few subitutions & the games turned on its head gone from easily on top to hanging on. & 3-2 what happened, it felt like we just switched off while they scored with ease & walk it in from the kick off

we've got to keep ben Brereton next season. he's arguably been our best signing this season. absoultely transformed the team. we look quite close to premier league quality when he's in. hopefully villereal still think he is crap & we can get him on the cheap. whereas Souza is real jekyll & hyde player when he's good he's great. but on days like today. he is absoulte liability as he seems to have no interest in defensive side & tracking back

then what should be a premier league classic instead discussing it being ruined by Premier league. today is proof they need to get rid of VAR or at least have higher bar, not every goal needs checking as what ever happened to clear & obvious. I dont see where watching the replay where souza is a blatant error. i dont even know where he was offside

as if couldnt get worse. our 3rd goal was absolute shambles. nobody had any idea if the goal had been given or not. i thought it had been given & 1st id known of it being in doubt was when the red card came up. fans should be the 1st thought not the last
Think BBD has proved he is up to playing in premier league, he be a fool to drop down into championship with us.

So go on then….give us the name of who you want as the next manager? And be realistic - someone who will have 15 players out of contract in June & a very limited budget available after a couple of big player sales(ie. Anel & Souza). And someone who will work under the Prince……

So please give me a name?

So go on then….give us the name of who you want as the next manager? And be realistic - someone who will have 15 players out of contract in June & a very limited budget available after a couple of big player sales(ie. Anel & Souza). And someone who will work under the Prince……

Not directed at me I know, but someone who is good at in-game decision making and planning who can construct a coaching team who can improve the playing squad. That doesn't seem like it should be impossibly hard to find?

So… go on let’s start the debate… let’s have names of managers who will realistically come here & work under the restrictions Prince Abdullah now has us under. So let’s not mention McKenna at Ipswich anymore either.

Can anyone think of realistic people who would come here if Wilder was sacked?

Seen this a few times & the concensus seems to be that it should have been a red card. No idea why the officials VAR did not agree.

Hard to get excited for this with #WankerWilder in charge.
The only up side is he's going to make it far worse given time.
It will be 'Dracula' in goal.
McDonkey as our sole none striker
Corbyn 'Present but not involved' Souza standing blaming everybody else
Holgate rewarded for standing watching when the opposition run passed him - when he does last 10 minutes
Players out of position like 10's Hamer and McAtee playing as defensive wide players on wrong wing
And utterly moronic tactics of pulling everybody inside out penalty area inviting opposition to attack endlessly and at will.
Have a suck on a lemon mate.

Chatting to a Fulham fan in the beer garden at the Rutty earlier. He walked out at 4-1. It took him a while to get his head round a final score of 3-3.

Referee. First half - one minute injury time. There must have been at least two minutes of delay brought about by new ballboy-directive confusion. Second half - 14 minutes injury time. They might not be corrupt, but fuck me, do yourselves a favour.

Really enjoyable match today for the first time at home in a long while.
Clearly first half we were set up to keep it tight and not commit forwards and in general we kept them at bay reasonably comfortably albeit they were a bit sloppy in the final 3rd.
Second half was much improved from an attacking point of view and Fulham looked nervous defensively. Although they have some big fuckers at the back, BBD and McB got at them for a 10-15 minute period, not seen the replays of the 4th goal but it that was allowed then I think we see the game out.

14 mins added on gives Fulham a huge boost and we just retreated further and further back where it felt like Everytime they went forwards they were going to score.

They have some proper talented players in that side and I’m surprised that they aren’t higher up the table, although they are really obviously inconsistent. On balance a draw was a good result although it feels like a defeat.

I thought Arlblaster had a great game for his full home debut - especially when you look at the talent in Fulham’s midfield. Next season he will be one of our key men.

Officials were an utter disgrace, including the selective VAR decisions. Not sure how hands round the throat isn’t a red?

Really enjoyable match today for the first time at home in a long while.
Clearly first half we were set up to keep it tight and not commit forwards and in general we kept them at bay reasonably comfortably albeit they were a bit sloppy in the final 3rd.
Second half was much improved from an attacking point of view and Fulham looked nervous defensively. Although they have some big fuckers at the back, BBD and McB got at them for a 10-15 minute period, not seen the replays of the 4th goal but it that was allowed then I think we see the game out.

14 mins added on gives Fulham a huge boost and we just retreated further and further back where it felt like Everytime they went forwards they were going to score.

TThey have some proper talented players in that side and I’m surprised that they aren’t higher up the table, although they are really obviously inconsistent. On balance a draw was a good result although it feels like a defeat.

I thought Arlblaster had a great game for his full home debut - especially when you look at the talent in Fulham’s midfield. Next season he will be one of our key men.

Officials were an utter disgrace, including the selective VAR decisions. Not sure how hands round the throat isn’t a red?
“If that was allowed we PROBABLY see the game out” tells you everything that is wrong with our club at the minute

I'd be happy with anyone who doesn't play Norwood and even more doesn't name him on match day(s). This sub alone did cost us 3-2 goal and possibly 2points.

There was many positives like: McB, BBD, Osborne, Arblaster and we seemed to have nice mentality until disallowed 4-1 goal, then things seemed to collapse.

I've tried to stay positive and give time for all players, but some of them could have done better: Anel, Souza and Grbic.. I somehow have thought there is bigger potential with them than it's currently showing, but don't know how to dig it out of them.. Will Champinship be the place for them to shine or is it about tactics or what?

Referee. First half - one minute injury time. There must have been at least two minutes of delay brought about by new ballboy-directive confusion. Second half - 14 minutes injury time. They might not be corrupt, but fuck me, do yourselves a favour.
The directive was clearly "play until Fulham win." Somehow we avoided that.

I’m still fuming about the footy yesterday.
We won that game… but no, not today!
A disallowed 4th goal, they didn’t even draw the lines! And let’s not forget how they deemed the Newcastle lad onside only 2hrs earlier!
2x Fulham players could’ve been sent off, and I’m sure they would’ve had they been wearing red & white!
And 14 bloody added minutes!! There wasn’t that much time added when Bash broke his ankle! Where did it come from??
Robbed… at least Dick Turpin wore a mask!

Back
Top Bottom