Match Thread Sheffield United v. Fulham - 30th March 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
FULH
FULH
FULH
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1711573266118.png vs 1711573290530.png

Premier League Matchweek 30 - Saturday 30th March 2024 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-fulham.686/

Officials:

Referee: Tim Robinson
Assistants: Mat Wilkes, Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Graham Scott
VAR: Andy Madley
Assistant VAR: Harry Lennard

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 21.00.13.png

No mental strength to take the 4th goal being disallowed. Absolutely appalling. God this team are pathetic after doing so well up to then.

I do hold a chunk of this on SHOCKING substitutions that cost us yet again. Slug man in the middle and a center back at wing back when Osborne was having one of his best games for us
Slug man 🤣

Norwood is the worst substitute to bring on. He just wants to sit deep and then welly it should it come his way.
We have to stop bringing him on in these situations. His weak challenge led to their 2nd goal.
Spot on. He let his opponent drift past him, tried to foul him (& get his usual yellow card) but missed, and Fulham went on to score.

I'm so fed up of his talking back to the ref (who didn't have a good game) all the time. Get on with the match!!!

I hope that fucking ref is happy now. You bumbling,, myopic, fat piece of shit. The Murphy and Lineker bandwagon will have fuck all to say tonight about his performance. Waiting for a particular ' viewpoint' tomorrow to defend the fucking cock.

I'm failing to see why that 4th goal was called offside. It says Sousa was offside but I just can't see it....

Can anyone explain why it was not allowed by VAR?

toledo

I'm failing to see why that 4th goal was called offside. It says Sousa was offside but I just can't see it....

Can anyone explain why it was not allowed by VAR?

toledo
Guy above you already did

We're at a pub down south and my 4 year old is wearing a full Blades kit with pride, bless him. I feel a bit guilty sending him to the corner and pretending I don't know him. He'll stop crying soon, I'm sure.
Sorry guys, I let him come back at 4-1 when I felt a rare sense of relief. By the time VAR disallowed our fourth he was sat on my lap and I couldn't really deny it at that point.

Norwood was on for all of 3 seconds before that pathetic excuse of a challenge for the second goal.

If you’re gonna go onto a pitch weighing 3 stone set through, you better be one of the best footballers on it. Norwood isn’t

What a relentless nightmare this season is

It does just feel like the cruelest season.

We need to calm down a bit though.

I was livid and all potty mouthed but having had time…

- the goal was rightly chalked off. Souza played a pivotal role in getting it to McBurnie. In the Championship no way they spot it and it’s a comprehensive win.

- 14 minutes felt outrageous and another attempt to derail us. But you had Arblaster down for a good while and you have 2 large VAR checks which lost us about 4 minutes each.

- we’ve no idea on the physical fitness of the players. I’d rather have left it. But maybe McBurnie was already well beyond the point of where he should have come off. We won’t know but we lost momentum when he left the field.

- Fulham weren’t the only ones to get 14 minutes. We also could have done better and pushed our own lead but we just panicked and invited them, though no doubt going from 4-1 to 3-2 in a minute or two and finding 14 more minutes would have given them a massive psychological boost. That’s just lucky for them. Literally everything went for them when they needed it to.

- Don’t know what to say about the keeper. He doesn’t look like saving anything. But then again the first goal someone was daydreaming and it went in the corner, the second one was the same and the third was a wonder hit from a player in form.

But again, where were the defence? When he’s going for such a kick, someone should be closing him down and making his high feet a foul. We had 4 centre backs on at that stage yet he was on his own to do that. Same with the corner; what dopey twat switched off? Norwood should have not let the ball get to Cordova-Reid but who was tracking him?

Got ourselves to blame as much as anything. No composure at all.

I'm sick to death of every goal being met with a sense of dread they'll find a reason to disallow it. I truly do think football has eventually died. It probably started with the acquisitions of Chelsea and Man City and every year they find a way to take more enjoyment out of the game.

If someone can explain the genius ball boy decision as well that will be lovely

I'm sick to death of every goal being met with a sense of dread they'll find a reason to disallow it. I truly do think football has eventually died. It probably started with the acquisitions of Chelsea and Man City and every year they find a way to take more enjoyment out of the game.

If someone can explain the genius ball boy decision as well that will be lovely
I’d rather have more wrong decisions that you can feel disgruntled about Sunday morning than a match that sucks the elation out of every goal and lasts for 2 hours.

We drew because of Wilders substitutions. Ripped two out of his midfield who were the most effective and replaced by Captain Slow and a defender. Took off the only player up front winning headers and the best defensive header of the ball at corners and immediately the inevitable happens. The bloke has an over inflated opinion of his ability. Heckingbottom had absolutely no flair or adventure with substitutions but Wilder is repeating his old mistakes even during promotion seasons of absolute bizarre decisions.

We drew because of Wilders substitutions. Ripped two out of his midfield who were the most effective and replaced by Captain Slow and a defender. Took off the only player up front winning headers and the best defensive header of the ball at corners and immediately the inevitable happens. The bloke has an over inflated opinion of his ability. Heckingbottom had absolutely no flair or adventure with substitutions but Wilder is repeating his old mistakes even during promotion seasons of absolute bizarre decisions.
Only thing to add..he must go in May.

Can't agree ..Trusty is not a defender.

Summary of the second half and The Princes Clown #WankerWilders second half game management
For the second game in a row.
Trusty vs Traore ? Did anyone think that was the plan?? Really?

Not going to comment on most of the talking points as they generally happened at the Kop end so I didn't have a great view of any of them, but was in the Rutland just now sat by a bunch of at least 15 college kids over from Ohio for a holiday, who had all been to the game (as part of what was stated 8 games in 10 days), half of which were decked out in or carrying some form of Blades merch, so probably putting between them close to a grand behind the till over the course of the day. Just an anecdote for the "if football tourism exists, it doesn't in Sheffield" crowd

It does just feel like the cruelest season.

We need to calm down a bit though.

I was livid and all potty mouthed but having had time…

- the goal was rightly chalked off. Souza played a pivotal role in getting it to McBurnie. In the Championship no way they spot it and it’s a comprehensive win.

- 14 minutes felt outrageous and another attempt to derail us. But you had Arblaster down for a good while and you have 2 large VAR checks which lost us about 4 minutes each.

- we’ve no idea on the physical fitness of the players. I’d rather have left it. But maybe McBurnie was already well beyond the point of where he should have come off. We won’t know but we lost momentum when he left the field.

- Fulham weren’t the only ones to get 14 minutes. We also could have done better and pushed our own lead but we just panicked and invited them, though no doubt going from 4-1 to 3-2 in a minute or two and finding 14 more minutes would have given them a massive psychological boost. That’s just lucky for them. Literally everything went for them when they needed it to.

- Don’t know what to say about the keeper. He doesn’t look like saving anything. But then again the first goal someone was daydreaming and it went in the corner, the second one was the same and the third was a wonder hit from a player in form.

But again, where were the defence? When he’s going for such a kick, someone should be closing him down and making his high feet a foul. We had 4 centre backs on at that stage yet he was on his own to do that. Same with the corner; what dopey twat switched off? Norwood should have not let the ball get to Cordova-Reid but who was tracking him?

Got ourselves to blame as much as anything. No composure at all.
6 goal celebrations + 8 substitutions + 2 VARs + injury time … no wonder it was 14 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom