Match Thread Sheffield United v. Brighton & Hove Albion - 24th April 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BRI
BRI
BRI
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1619250333391.png v. 1619250338431.png
EPL Week 33 - Saturday 17th April 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-brighton-hove-albion.541/

Officials:

Referee:
Kevin Friend
Assistant Referee: Simon Beck
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Fourth Official: Tony Harrington
Video Assistant Referee: Michael Oliver
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

1619250309596.png

At least us scoring first has actually had the effect of making Brighton very slightly less boring.

I don't think Brewster is having a bad game at all, he looks fairly decent on the ball. But I don't get his positional play at all. Times he needs to be in the middle getting onto things he's on the wing.

Key takeaways from the half;

First game we've been more up for it then our opponents? (Even though relegated lol)

First assistfor Brewster? (Been heavily involved in all our big chances in the half)

Should Fleck have seen red for his studs up scissor tackle (seen less been given marching orders)

There's a bit of confidence about Sheffield United's play, as though they are released from the significant burden of a relegation fight.

They are playing some decent stuff at the moment which, if they keep the squad together, could point to good signs for a promotion charge next season. BBC Sport

If you were going to take a midfielder off for an extra striker, it'd be Fleck that should go.

Reactions: SLB
Enda having a much better game

Osborn should have replaced Lundstram a long, long time ago (if only someone on, say, this forum had pointed this out)

Kean Bryan is a liability

Decent enough but we've dropped deep after scoring. Go for the second goal, they're no great shakes.

I think weve been absolutely bang average, done nothing but chase the ball like a dog. Some fans seem over the moon that we’ve chased the ball for 45...

Basic!

Got to give the Manager a bit of credit here as well for pushing Osborne on to close down the Brighton defence when in possession. We've caught them out twice when trying to keep tight possession in their own third.
We need to start the second half quickly and try and get a second. Hopefully we don't drop deep in shape too early in the half and let them have all the ball.
utb

Enda having a much better game

Osborn should have replaced Lundstram a long, long time ago (if only someone on, say, this forum had pointed this out)

Kean Bryan is a liability
Ben is really really good

as a wing back

In comparison to the rest of the season though...
as a marker of quality im not sure that carries much weight although i agree its in the top half of ‘performances’ for the fact we have a goal, beyond that we've not really done much else

I think weve been absolutely bang average, done nothing but chase the ball like a dog. Some fans seem over the moon that we’ve chased the ball for 45...

Basic!
Agree.
Since scoring we've been pretty gash tbh.
Need to up the tempo in the press or we'll get done. Too easy for Brighton to move the ball around.

Basic!
What have brighton been then? 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom