Match Thread Sheffield United v. Brighton & Hove Albion - 18th February 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BRI
BRI
BRI
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1708114595094.png Vs 1708114600809.png

Premier League Matchweek 25 - Sunday 18th February 2024 - 14:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-brighton-hove-albion.681/

Officials:

Referee: Stuart Attwell
Assistants: Neil Davies, Steve Meredith
Fourth Official: Anthony Taylor
VAR: Michael Oliver
Assistant VAR: Mark Scholes

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 20.16.01.png

Larouci is the Algerian Oliver Burke, I like Osborn's effort but I'll be happy the day Tom Davies starts over him

VAR madness again with the disallowed goal

Clearly blame sits with Grbić and Hecky

If a defender (who’s played top flight football for a while) gets a pretty basic tackle wrong, he’s an irresponsible wanker yeah.

I can accept us getting hammered, if there’s at least effort and pride on show. There’s none of those. We concede, heads go down.. it turns into a 4/5 goal hammering.

I’d happily give them support. But that’s a two way thing. Give me something.. anything to hold onto and I’ll repay the effort.
You must've never made a wrong decision or basic mistake in your entire working life fella. Kudos to you, you’re infallible 👏🏻

Sky just said Brighton player didn't mean to touch the ball what like both pens last week the rules are all over the shop

Reactions: SLB
Ah, do you mean when Souza headed it, he was offside? Does it not matter about it hitting the Brighton player?
Yes, he was offside then. Then when it hit their player it was not a deliberate act as he didn’t know nothing about it so Osborn was off from the initial header.

As far as the rules go the goal was rightly disallowed.

Ah, do you mean when Souza headed it, he was offside? Does it not matter about it hitting the Brighton player?
I think that's it, because it deflected off Souza, Osborn becomes active or summat...

Don't quote me though!

Reactions: RWE
What a shit show! Brighton pass like they have a man extra even when they don't so the sending off and the substitution has made this like damage limitation again.

Shame cos we started real well too.

You must've never made a wrong decision or basic mistake in your entire working life fella. Kudos to you, you’re infallible 👏🏻
Bit different though really isn’t it.. I sell carpets for a living. I don’t live and breathe it. These boys play football and train all week. They’re also paid thousands upon thousands to do it. Kudos on the sarcasm though mate. 👍

Get into em Blades, those soft southern Shandy drinkers don't like it..
Half time as the boos ring out...
As for Holgate you make that kind of challenge on the 78 min, not with 78 to go, you dickhead.

Fair play getting trusty on and making the change has stopped the game being embarrassing by half time. It's still dead after the goal was ruled out but it really was looking like another Newcastle at one point

Bit different though really isn’t it.. I sell carpets for a living. I don’t live and breathe it. These boys play football and train all week. They’re also paid thousands upon thousands to do it. Kudos on the sarcasm though mate. 👍
Ah I see. It’s different when your profession is being discussed. You work selling carpets all week too, so shouldn’t you give passion to that to serve the hardworking people buying for their homes . Salary is completely irrelevant. I’m in the Ambulance service, so by that logic I should not live and breathe that as much as footballers because I’m not paid thousands and thousands. Your argument is completely incoherent. I’m not trying to fall out with you at all, so I shall wish you a good Sunday. I hope we can disagree as Blades and you enjoy the rest of your day 👍🏻⚔️

From the corner you can’t be offside then it is played back in yes you can be offside now but not if you are played inside by the ball coming of defender

Any chance of implementing negative player ratings Foxy ? Only way to do Holgate's performance justice

Right, we need to salvage something out of this in terms of improving match fitness - Brewdog or McB need to come on at half time, as does Blaster, also give Blacker a 10-15 minute cameo later. At least give ourselves an out ball and see what we've got with the younger players. If Wes can fake a concussion so we can bring Grbic on for free, do it, just say you're Yashin and it'd be believable

Clearly not unless rules have changed. Comes of Brighton player.
Osborn was stood offside when we won the initial header. After that he was offside but it came off their man.

But I'd imagine was given for the earlier action.

It's not wrong, but it just sums up what happens when you are near the bottom.

Not many positives to report, other than its only 0-2 and there's another 45 to go. But with 10 men and a cunt of a ref, getting anything out of this will require a massive effort.

Have they changed the offside rule in the past 24 hours? Always thought you can't be offside if the ball comes off an opponent, but perhaps this doesn't apply when Sheff Utd are concerned.

Need warnock back ... Get a few fringe players on to kick the shit out of them and get the game called off .... give the fans a bit of entertainment rather than more of this utter tedious shit

Would make sense for us to hear the VAR room in the stadium and on TV IMO. If it’s such a massive part of the game, fans should be able to hear the decision process.

No doubt the narrative will be that Sheffield United lost again.

But this wound was self inflicted.

I can appreciate the xG won't be high but Bogle and Hamer have got to score in those shooting situations for you to get something from these games.

A great run by Hamer has to end in a goal, not an ooh or ahh. Bogle's shot harder to score but you kind of needed Osula gambling and deflecting it in.

It's a real pity as I had this as a draw and we'd started in a manner which suggested it was possible.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom