Match Thread Sheffield United v. Brighton & Hove Albion - 18th February 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BRI
BRI
BRI
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1708114595094.png Vs 1708114600809.png

Premier League Matchweek 25 - Sunday 18th February 2024 - 14:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-brighton-hove-albion.681/

Officials:

Referee: Stuart Attwell
Assistants: Neil Davies, Steve Meredith
Fourth Official: Anthony Taylor
VAR: Michael Oliver
Assistant VAR: Mark Scholes

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 20.16.01.png

“worst tackle I’ve ever seen” “what is the point?”. Jesus lads, how about a bit of context. Firstly, it was a mistimed tackle and a yellow card at best, as the ref initially gave. Mitoma was absolutely fine. But hey, I’ve been living in the ‘soft South’ for 17 years……
And how about we just get behind the boys and support the team after the turn of events 🤷‍♂️. Cue the incoherent emotion based reposts……
It was a mistimed tackle that’s a red in this day and age.

Get behind the boys..? Tell you what, I’ll get behind the boys when they show a bit of pride and graft rather than laying down and accepting fate time and time and time again.

As if thing arn't bad enough I'm sick of hearing Andy Hinchliffes commentary, he just loves having a pop at us

It was a mistimed tackle that’s a red in this day and age.

Get behind the boys..? Tell you what, I’ll get behind the boys when they show a bit of pride and graft rather than laying down and accepting fate time and time and time again.
You honestly believe they are just “laying down and accepting fate” mate?. You really don’t think levels of ability are playing a role at this point?

You honestly believe they are just “laying down and accepting fate” mate?. You really don’t think levels of ability are playing a role at this point?
Do the performances give an indication of fighting for the shirt and personal pride?

There’s levels of ability. But that’s not an excuse to lay down and accept constant hammerings over and over again. Ahmed playing like he wants out to name one. We’re absolute toilet. But that’s not an excuse to not do the basics. Our players hide almost every single game.

“worst tackle I’ve ever seen” “what is the point?”. Jesus lads, how about a bit of context. Firstly, it was a mistimed tackle and a yellow card at best

It was mistimed that badly that Holgate thought the level of the pitch had raised 18 inches due to global warming compared to the actual level of the pitch

the red card (rightly) & corner that should never have been.going off the kop behind the goal have really sucked the life out of this game

Looked good until the red, the red ruined the game.

Can't fault the players when we're a man down. This was a hard game anyway.

Shit to watch tho, and gutting it's happened so early.

that Holgate challenge was awkward. i was giving the ref such abuse. your a disgrace. its was a great challenge.

then i saw the replay in the stadium & thought. "you might have a point ref" 🤣

which is a case for why more transparency in VAR is a good thing. because it just calmed down 20,000 angry fans

Do the performances give an indication of fighting for the shirt and personal pride?

There’s levels of ability. But that’s not an excuse to lay down and accept constant hammerings over and over again. Ahmed playing like he wants out to name one. We’re absolute toilet. But that’s not an excuse to not do the basics. Our players hide almost every single game.
So you want passion and fight, agreed as do I. But if a player gets that slightly wrong via a missed timed challenge, he’s the devil incarnate and a complete irresponsible wanker?. Not much room to manoeuvre there.
I think it’s safe to say we’ve been way below par this season, and I’m certain we all want the best for the club we’ve supported for many years. I just think 100% negativity and completely shitting on them at every single opportunity isn’t the most constructive way.
But we can agree to disagree obviously.

So you want passion and fight, agreed as do I. But if a player gets that slightly wrong via a missed timed challenge, he’s the devil incarnate and a complete irresponsible wanker?. Not much room to manoeuvre there.
I think it’s safe to say we’ve been way below par this season, and I’m certain we all want the best for the club we’ve supported for many years. I just think 100% negativity and completely shitting on them at every single opportunity isn’t the most constructive way.
But we can agree to disagree obviously.
If a defender (who’s played top flight football for a while) gets a pretty basic tackle wrong, he’s an irresponsible wanker yeah.

I can accept us getting hammered, if there’s at least effort and pride on show. There’s none of those. We concede, heads go down.. it turns into a 4/5 goal hammering.

I’d happily give them support. But that’s a two way thing. Give me something.. anything to hold onto and I’ll repay the effort.

the red card (rightly) & corner that should never have been.going off the kop behind the goal have really sucked the life out of this game
It was a corner.

It grazes Robbo's right boot, I'm afraid.

Terrible decision by Holgate. Why he had to go in with such gusto, I've no idea. We'd started promisingly as well.

This ref though. Fuck me. He couldn't wait to gleefully go over to the screen and upgrade it to a red, no second chances here like Onyeka.

Their first, the bloke had his hand on the keeper yet no consideration given to that. Just goal.

Just now. Scored. Can't wait to forensically check and disallow it.

What was the apparent initial foul all about for the goal?

Back
Top Bottom