Match Thread Sheffield United v. Bournemouth - 9th April 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BOUR
BOUR
BOUR
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1649449555534.png V. 1649449564739.png
Championship Week 41 - Saturday 9th April 2022 - 12:45 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-bournemouth.592/

Officials:

Referee: Dean Whitestone
Assistant Referee: Akil Howson
Assistant Referee: Richard Wild
Fourth Official: David Webb

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1649449691962.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2022-04-08 at 21.27.28.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Last edited:

that was a great performance that shows that arguably we needed more than the points. to show that we are well in this play off fight & reinstil the belief this wont be yeovil 2014 as we were much the better team i cant remember many chances for solanke. but we shouldve got 3 pts. Gibbs White had to take that 2nd chance. dont know why he hadnt round Goalie like he did v Barnsley

that ref again was shocking, all we ask for with refs is consistency. Bournemouth got everything going down with slightest touch & yet we were nothing despite being kicked to bits. guaranteed that Bournemouth wouldve got that penalty

mcburnie. i thought had a brilliant game. but problem is that when your a striker you will always be Judged on your goals. people dont care about the hidden work

that 25 "phil" from rubin kazan. is looking like a cracking signing. so solid at the back. so many brilliant interceptions. hopefully we can keep him permanently

Could be wildly wrong here but if the linesman flags then the referee has no option but to give it.

Really wouldnt surprise me if the self-important pricks in the middle tell their linesman to just tell them over the mic so they have the final decision.

I think you're wildly wrong. The ref can overrule linos whenever he wants. He has the ultimate say and should have had the best view. It was a pen but I can see why at match speed he'd maybe think the Bournemouth player got the ball or kicked the air.

Thought we played better than we did against QPR but were on the receiving end of some suspect refereeing decisions.

Bournemouth deserve a points deduction for their kit alone. Looked like over ripe avocados.

Could be wildly wrong here but if the linesman flags then the referee has no option but to give it.

Really wouldnt surprise me if the self-important pricks in the middle tell their linesman to just tell them over the mic so they have the final decision.
I expect so.

Not the game I saw mate in terms of the first comment at least.

Tapping it to your mates whilst not making any inroads and creating no clear cut chances apart from one pee roller from 25 yards is not outplaying anyone.

United threatened, carved them open. Hit the bar with a desperate clearance, had Gibbs-White twice with only the keeper to beat, had McBurnie with a clear sighter only for a last ditch deflection, had in the last minute a glorious chance falling to a guy who's just had his face smashed and topped off with a blatant penalty.

XG 2.14 v 1.38

If they won it would have been a travesty. A draw is the Gods smiling on them to out it kindly.
Maybe I should have used the word possession instead. They had lots of it in the second half. I agree we had the better chances. And should have taken at least one. But as an overall performance it wasn't good. It was average.

Decent point in the end but should have had a pen (not sure the ref sees it as it's an odd one because he kicks through his legs).

Odd one. They were probably the better team but we had the better chances in the end. Pretty decent game to watch though to be fair. We started slightly better but they were dominating as we reached halftime (but we could have caught them on the break). They started stronger second half but again we should have scored at the end. For all their work in open play they didn't really test Wes.

We were ponderous and indecisive at the back and almost let them in on several occasions. Nothing really stuck upfront and I thought we lost the midfield battle. Oddly though, it was pretty even overall. It was a strange game and while a draw against the second in the league isn't a bad result by any stretch of the imagination

Foderingham - 6 - One terrible pass straight out at the start and another later but otherwise pretty solid. Didn't have a great deal to do and kicking was mixed.
Stevens - 6 - Thought he was one of our better players first half but there was confusion with Christie cutting inside. Lovely volleyed cross and was the danger man for us. I thought, after the booking, he kind of faded a bit. Noticed him pulling tackles.
Davies - 5.5 - Some slopping passes and dodgy play. He improved as the game went on but almost sold Wes short. Good header back across at the end.
Egan - 5.5 - Bit of a mixed one with Solanke. I thought he got caught ball watching a few times.
Uremovic - 4 - Thought he started ok and was fairly solid but was dire in the second half. Got done a couple of times and made a couple of bad decisions. I was worried every time the ball was near him. Miss at the end summed it up.
Baldock - 4.5 - Wins the prize for the worst throw-in of the season. Looked a bit at sea defensively. Ok going forward but caught several times at the back.
Fleck - 6 - Started ok but mad a few mistakes. I thought he at least competed but seemed to fade. Poor set pieces once again
Norwood - 5.5 - I thought he was similar to Fleck but without the fight. Error prone and lucky to not get booked. A lot of shirt tugging going on.
Berge - 5 - So frustrating. Wins the ball back and then dithers on it and loses it again. Nothing much going forward and once again poor in the defensive elements. Seems to drift through games instead of grabbing them by the scruff of the neck.
MGW - 6.5 - Thought he was poor first half but could have scored late on. Don't really fault him on either of the chances. He hit the target and I think you have to credit the keeper. He kept losing the ball first half. Better and more involved in the second but didn't quite come off. Unlucky to not got a pen. Linked up ok with McBurnie, at times
McBurnie - 6 - Needs to stop arguing with officials. Constantly. Not sure what he hopes to achieve. Gets an extra mark for his defensive work and the effort he put in. A few bit of good link up play with MGW and better second half in terms of getting us on the front foot.

Subs

Osbourn - 2 - Terrible. I thought everything he did was terrible. Everything wrong today.
Hourihane - 6 - Thought we looked better when he game on. More dangerous going forward and settled defensively. Put in a great ball that no one went for.

Hecky - 6.5 - They're a dangerous team and I thought we matched them pretty well. I think they were the better team but we certainly had the better chances and unlucky not to get the pen. Point not a bad result considering.

Bournemouth - They looked slick and lively but didn't create many good chances. A lot of their attacks came from our errors. I thought they tired badly about 70 minutes in. Their keeper Travers impressed me (apart from one he should have come and claimed late on). Made three excellent same from MGW.
I stopped reading at your uremovic shitfest of a rating 🤣🤣

Admin note: Infraction given for personal abuse
Point gained that,we were there for the taking,seen more quality in some of our teams that got relegated over the years.
you're consistent with your absolute negative posts.......Change your name to 'CAN'TSEE'. pathetic supporter

you're consistent with your absolute negative posts.......Change your name to 'CAN'TSEE'. pathetic supporter
If I saw any quality from us in that game there wouldn't be any need for negative comments,fact is there wasn't,couldn't care less what you think.

you're a joke
Aww,diddums,somebody doesn't think the same way that you do,let's throw all our toys out of the pram,boo hoo

tosser !!

We miss Billy’s finishing, see Lankshear scored again and got an assist today for U18. The newRooney? Big powerful and scores for fun at 16.

Myguess is we won’t risk him while we have a chance of playoffs. Probs send him out on loan next season

Back
Top Bottom