Match Thread Sheffield United v. Blackpool - 30th October 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BLKP
BLKP
BLKP
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1635453684944.png v. 1635453695375.png
Championship Week 15 - Saturday 30th October 2021 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - Sheffield United vs Blackpool

Officials:

Referee:
Tony Harrington
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Assistant Referee: Mark Dwyer
Fourth Official: James Oldham

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

At times we were poo.
Sometimes we weren't poo.
Still a poo result though.

What do you disagree with?
We dominated the game for at least an hour and carved them open time and time again.

We didn't get bullied in midfield for the majority of the game.

We weren't shite at all.

Frustrating, disappointing...absolutely. We're two or three players off at present.

Anyone who didn't enjoy the first half isn't a football fan.

We dominated the game for at least an hour and carved them open time and time again.

We weren't shite at all.

Frustrating, disappointing...absolutely. We're two or three players off at present.

Suppose that’s the positive way of looking at it.

We created some chances but lacked the quality to put one of them away. Midfield were nowhere to be seen from about an hour onwards when it mattered.

We never looked like troubling them once we went behind either. No fightback whatsoever.

Blackpool are probably where we were a few years ago. Just come up from League One and have a feel good factor around the club. Take a good following away to a team full of overpaid billy big bollocks just down from the Prem and get a memorable win.
We’ll still finish above them

Think im watching a different side to alot of blades on here. I might be wrong they may be reyt. But i honestly think we are easly a top 6 side. We are the best side just about every week but we obviously have serious issues putting ball in net.

We weren't shite at all.

I am a football fan and have been for 40 odd years. Parts of the first half were good but I would say that on the whole - yet again, it wasn’t good enough. Ditto the second half. Today was one of those games where if we had scored early on, we would probably have won comfortably. Yes we made (and wasted) 5 or so really golden chances.
Yet again, we have watched an average (I would actually say, pretty poor) away side come away with points that we should have easily pushed aside if only we could put the ball away.
On the positive - we made a top 6 side look poor and creates lots of changes.
On the negative - it was extremely boring at times and there is zero sense of urgency - even when we are losing with 5 minutes to go.

Deserved to get something out of the game.. First half we played some great football, but just couldn't get any reward.. I thought Ndiaye's disallowed goal looked OK, but a lot saying he was of, so fair enough.
We seemed to lose our way after Osborn went off, and we got careless with the ball, and seemed to play to many long balls onto the front players 2nd half, which didn't come off..needed to take more care I thought at that point.
Sucker punch, long punt and a great finish.. Egan played him on I think.
Frustrating again, but we weren't shit, we were good for over 65/70 minutes, but it's about putting the ball in the net, and they scored., we didn't.
Work in progress still,if only we could keep a clean sheet, I'd have accepted a 0-0.

Back
Top Bottom