Match Thread Sheffield United v. Aston Villa - 14th Dec 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
AVIL
AVIL
AVIL
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1576279503952.png v. 1576279510340.png

EPL Week 17 - Saturday 14th December 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-aston-villa.481/

Officials:

Referee:
Peter Bankes
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: John Busby
Video Assistant Referee: Jarred Gillett
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Stuart Burt

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-12-13 at 23.27.31.png

Last edited:

Excellent performance, even first half, chance creation wasn't really at it but we played well.

Second half we were toying with them, unbelievable football for both goals, cherry on the cake with Greasy missing a pen.

Pace from Lunny in the 92nd minute one of many highlights from individual players.

McBurnie was fantastic when he came on, definitely turned a corner.

Looking forward to the View From because they were utterly wank.

Thought today we were great Villa obvs watched the Newcastle game and came with a plan to put 10 men behind the ball... but we remained calm and didn’t start flapping ...then the second half just picked them off ...proper mature performance that you’d expect from a team that has been in the prem far more seasons than we have

Brilliant result, villa came for a point like the geordies. unlucky to concede penalty as it was deflected up on him, might have been put under a bit of pressure if they had scored it but overall a brill day, well done lads. Glad grealish missed it, the diving barsteward.

Last edited:
Good win well done Blades decent 1st half without creating much, great 2nd half blew Villa away. Villa only came here to frustrate by diving and cheating, you would think with the amount of money they spent in the summer they would play football rather than shit housing. Worse team I have seen all season I expected a much harder game, playing 4-3-3 they were always going to be overun in midfield if they didn't pin our wing backs back strange tactics if they are going to sit back. I don't really see what they were trying to do we still managed to get a lot of overloads.

That first goal was champions league quality
Mc Goldrick was outstanding we tick when he plays
Both goals were fantastic. The back heel from bash, the overhead flick from McGoldrick. I was screaming for fleck to play mcgoldrick in towards the end. I see why he didn’t but I think once mcgoldrick gets one he will start to score more often.

5th in the league 4 points behind chelsea in 4th. 4/6 points from the next two should see us in a very healthy position going into the secondhalf of the season.

Good win well done Blades decent 1st half without creating much, great 2nd half blew Villa away. Villa only came here to frustrate by diving and cheating, you would think with the amount of money they spent in the summer they would play football rather than shit housing. Worse team I have seen all season I expected a much harder game, playing 4-3-3 they were always going to be overun in midfield if they didn't pin our wing backs back strange tactics if they are going to sit back. I don't really see what they were trying to do we still managed to get a lot of overloads.
Even the radio 5 live commentator said that McGinn was falling over every time anyone touched him

Poor first half performance.
Excellent second half performance. Fleck drove us forward. MOM
It wasnt a poor first half. We had.no space with which to play, the opposition stifled us and their game plan was working.

There were occasions in that first half where in open play, wesley was furthest man forward and he was 30 yards from the half way line.

The first half was a non-event, they came to do a job and I think we’d expected them to come and try to play. Proper turgid watching them just sit in. 3 pings from JOC to rival Norwood. We tried but couldn’t really get going. Even a change of boots for Mousse didn’t work.

Gutted about Fleck and Norwood’s bookings, needless at that point in the game but the ref couldn’t wait to give them.

2nd half was excellent, we should have scored 3 or 4. We had a few lapses at the back and still think that we are likely to get caught with 2 CB’s attacking the ball at least once in a game. Baldock, Fleck and Bash excelled but we upped the pace all over. McGoldrick was at his creative best. 2 good chances missed and I think he was offside for the one he missed as he came off.

First time today that when we’ve scored I’ve stopped myself celebrating waiting for VAR to give something (anything) to rule the goal out.

Penalty looked a penalty when it happened, I think the ref could have just given it instead of deferring to VAR like a spineless twat. Glad the greasy little c**t missed it, he followed the ref around all game moaning. Good player but horrible person.

Villa were terrible and I think they’ll be in trouble if that’s how they play. Was unimpressed with McGinn (better than Fleck my arse), he was good at hitting the deck though. Marvellous was shite as well. Wesley was an expensive Leon Clarke, no wonder they wanted Leon the other year. El Ghazi looked at least a stone overweight as well. We are head and shoulders above Villa and we showed it today.

has mcgoldrick ran over some one black cat. the bad has such dreadful luck if he didn't have bad luck he'd have no luck at all

we need to resurrect the porter chant of. if mcgoldrick scores we're on the pitch

has mcgoldrick ran over some one black cat. the bad has such dreadful luck if he didn't have bad luck he'd have no luck at all

we need to resurrect the porter chant of. if mcgoldrick scores we're on the pitch

I don't think he has any bad luck.

He's just not very good at finishing.

Back
Top Bottom