Match Thread Sheffield United v. Aston Villa - 14th Dec 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
AVIL
AVIL
AVIL
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1576279503952.png v. 1576279510340.png

EPL Week 17 - Saturday 14th December 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-aston-villa.481/

Officials:

Referee:
Peter Bankes
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: John Busby
Video Assistant Referee: Jarred Gillett
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Stuart Burt

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-12-13 at 23.27.31.png

Last edited:

View attachment 66524 v. View attachment 66525
EPL Week 17 - Saturday 13th December 2019 - Bramall Lane

- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-aston-villa.481/

Officials:

Referee:
Peter Bankes

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter

📺 Live TV Coverage:

View attachment 66526

About time too. (Ffs do something, etc).

😊

Draw is perfectly fine in this one I think. Villa are a better side than there current league position, particularly their midfield three.

So at last we play on a Saturday again, this afternoon with the visit of Aston Villa. While many may have expected Villa to struggle, perhaps because of so many new players, there is no doubting they have some high quality players. I hate Grealish as much as the next man, but he does have outstanding talent. However, this is not a Villa love-in, and I expect us to impose our game on the opposition as intense as ever. Despite their quality, I'm funnily enough not expecting too many goals in this one....

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Seemingly no new injuries?

But some tight bodies? ;) lol

Unchanged?

I hope we start with the same side that started v Norwich, and with a weeks rest, is there any reason to think otherwise. However I do have a feeling there'll be a couple of changes which might surprise some....
But whatever the personnel, I can see us winning this. 1-0 Lundstram

UTB

We need to get in the refs ear from ko saying don't let that diving brummie twat get us carded. Time for Didsy and Mousse to tear their mingless defence to bits and Didsy to get a couple of tap ins. Lunny to get to back form and run midfield. For the rest I should trust by now in their consistently good performances. And by the way I'll get an early one in - Fuck VAR. setting off now . 3-0 COYRAWW ⚔⚔

So at last we play on a Saturday again, this afternoon with the visit of Aston Villa. While many may have expected Villa to struggle, perhaps because of so many new players, there is no doubting they have some high quality players. I hate Grealish as much as the next man, but he does have outstanding talent. However, this is not a Villa love-in, and I expect us to impose our game on the opposition as intense as ever. Despite their quality, I'm funnily enough not expecting too many goals in this one....

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Seemingly no new injuries?

But some tight bodies? ;) lol

Unchanged?

I hope we start with the same side that started v Norwich, and with a weeks rest, is there any reason to think otherwise. However I do have a feeling there'll be a couple of changes which might surprise some....
But whatever the personnel, I can see us winning this. 1-0 Lundstram

UTB

☃ ☃

Seeing alot of people calling for Norwood to have a rest and fleck to captain today with besic starting. Probably can't see it in this one but do expect Besic to get good minutes especially if we're ahead. Maybe start Besic against Brighton away.

Come on you mighty wizards. 3pm Saturday at home again for the first time in ages. Few pints prior, watch the lads, few pints after. Perfect.

Dare I go 3 0 again please ala the Burnley game

View attachment 66524 v. View attachment 66525
EPL Week 17 - Saturday 13th December 2019 - Bramall Lane

Officials:

Referee:
Peter Bankes

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter

📺 Live TV Coverage:

View attachment 66526
Its the 14th today, just sayin like.

Tough game (they all are) and I can't see us keeping a clean sheet. Thankfully McGinn has stopped scoring every game but he's a big danger.

As with the 3-3 last season, they can be dangerous. You would expect us to be favourites at home but I can;t see there being much in it.

Seeing alot of people calling for Norwood to have a rest and fleck to captain today with besic starting. Probably can't see it in this one but do expect Besic to get good minutes especially if we're ahead. Maybe start Besic against Brighton away.

I want us to sign Besic permanently. From what I've seen of him I think he's a real talent. Plus his behind the scenes stuff is first rate by all accounts. He fits in well here.
If and when he does start and Norwood is rested etc I would expect Egan to get the armband though. The lad is a natural born leader.

You could argue, without Abraham and Mings, the team we face today will be weaker than the last time we played them. After they've spent 100m odd.

For me this season Villa have similarities to Norwich.

Both sets of fans have been reasonably upbeat because they’re in a new division and always seem to play quite well and look good.
Their fans have put their poor results down to “bad luck” or “naevity”.

Norwich seem to always play decent, look good in attack but make individual mistakes in defence....however it looks like their defence make errors every single match
Villa are also quite expansive, look a good team but they allow the opposition to look a good team too.

My point is that although Villa fans have reasons to feel optimistic. I’ve seen them a few times this season and they’ve always looked decent to good.
If a team play well and seem to be unlucky each week.....then that is a bad sign. No team can be unlucky all the time....it’s suggests fragility/ weakness.

Should be a good game today....both Villa and Norwich are NOT like a Newcastle who recently came to Bramall Lane to park the bus.
Think 1st goal is key......because I think Villa are a confidence team.

Hard one to predict...because if we get an early goal I can see a 3-0 Blades win
but if Villa score first and their players click can see a 2-0 Villa win. We have some breathing space so a draw wouldn’t be a disaster.

I can't see Wilder making major changes against Villa like he did against Newcastle, as we'll have to work hard for this result, but I can see him make some changes against Watford.

That said, I have a sneaky suspicion that Besic may get a start today in place of Norwood, just to rest Norwood and add some bite in our midfield to take McGinn out of the game.

I'd like to see our first back to back win of the season today.

Feel very confident about this one. I just think we are much better than Villa and if we do our thing they could be in for a tough afternoon.

My only real niggle of doubt is Grealish, not because I think he is anything like as good as many rate him, I don't. But I think he will get more protection from the ref now, and I can see a few solid calls for penalties once he gets into Tom Daley mode.

I hope Lunny snaps him and he then gets booked for simulation.

Hope we really go for goals today right from the start. We can afford to have a real go here and we're capable of beating Villa handsomely. We've always played well against them and we owe them for that disaster in January.

I think we'll score twice.

Fleck v McGinn will be interesting, as ever.

Oh yes, and I hope we get Lunneh to smash Grealish reyt ard.

Come on you mighty wizards. 3pm Saturday at home again for the first time in ages. Few pints prior, watch the lads, few pints after. Perfect.

Dare I go 3 0 again please ala the Burnley game
Sounds like my day that DB only I’m going 4-0 Didsy to break his duck with a brace 👍 ;)

Are you mad loss we need to win to keep the pressure on those below us

If we win today then relegation threatened clubs won’t even be looking at us....so realistically there’s no additional pressure being applied to them.

A win however.....keeps the pressure on the Europa Cup chasing teams.

Back
Top Bottom