Match Thread Sheffield United v. Arsenal - 4th March 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
ARS
ARS
ARS
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1709230193888.png Vs 1709230203971.png

Premier League Matchweek 27 - Monday 4th March 2024 - 20:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-arsenal.683/

Officials:

Referee: Sam Barrott
Assistants: Simon Bennett, Dan Robathan
Fourth Official: Anthony Taylor
VAR: John Brooks
Assistant VAR: Marc Perry

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 18.09.14.png

Think Wilder will go ultra defensive tonight, if Arsenal win by 5 or more, we become the first team to lose 4 home games by 5 or more, a record he/we doesn't want,

Think Wilder will go ultra defensive tonight, if Arsenal win by 5 or more, we become the first team to lose 4 home games by 5 or more, a record he/we doesn't want,
Ultra defensive means we allow one of the best passing and finding space teams in the world to have 90% of the ball. We'll ship 5 for certain.

The amount of people writing Man united off yesterday including Sutton who predicted a 6-1 defeat (said we will lose 0-3).
I accept they lost but they put up a good defensive display so I'm guessing we will probably lose 1-6, who knows?

I watched them play Spurs yesterday, and looked like they'd beat us easily, but surely with them playing yesterday as well, we might be in with a chance?

I've seen United beat Arsenal four times 1-0 at the Lane - Bobby Hatton, Carl Veart, Christian Nade and Lys Mousset scoring the winning goals. Osula joining that list would be very welcome!
5 for me, Billy Dearden in October 1972 (the biggest cheer of the game was Alan Ball's sending off) plus the 4 you have listed. I missed the 5-0 win in September 1973 ☹️

Take a respectable 3-0 defeat before kick off
But can see it being much worse, horrible going into a game you’ve absolutely no chance of winning and just waiting to get battered.

in a way it will be great to watch saka live, so at least we are see quality players so that is a privilege. also i had a free bet so went for below

1709552703674.png

Great Arsenal article in today’s Telegraph….

We get a two word mention, ffs.

C73673D3-9A40-4BE9-BAB9-444A60DD941E.png

Take a respectable 3-0 defeat before kick off
But can see it being much worse, horrible going into a game you’ve absolutely no chance of winning and just waiting to get battered.
3-0 defeat before kickoff and then another 3-0 defeat across the 90 minutes ;)

I've been going to the Lane since 1981 and I could only remember a handful of times I've seen us lose at home to Arsenal. So I've had a look.

If you don't take the the cup penalty shoot out defeat as a loss in 90/120 minutes, then they've beaten us 4 times out of 13 at the Lane in my time.

I also think, if memory serves me right, out of the 6 night games at the Lane in this time, we've won 4, drawn 1, and lost 1.

So all that suggests..... :)

......absolutely fuck all.

We can score now, but when we get battered we also seem to draw a blank.
Let's set out to try and get a couple, and if they get 5 still, so be it

With both City and Liverpool getting results this weekend, the pressure is well and truly on for Arsenal to get a result over a team that the footballing world will be expecting them to steamroll. I'm going to the game tonight and all I want to see is the lads and crowd to make a good account of ourselves. I just hope Chris puts out some pace up front and we get a few chances early on to get the noise up.

Reactions: Dkc
Baldock and BBD back, hopefully we can keep the rout under control for an hour!!
Be nice if Brewster scores, after his effort last week, he deserves another run out!
It was you that jinxed him!! 😅

Great Arsenal article in today’s Telegraph….

We get a two word mention, ffs.

View attachment 180094
And for those who can't read the small print, it's around 1500 words waxing lyrical about Arsenal's fluid attacking system, allowing them to score freely without a focal point up front, bringing them 18 goals in their last 4 games (including Liverpool). It then just says at the end "Blades wank".

Reactions: Dkc

If we lose can we have a Darmstart type of fan to go on the pitch and give them a right bollocking, after losing 6-0 a fan was shown giving the entire team a real royal bollocking , all stood watching him and then applauding him when done, ill keep an eye on the next game.
The video is on bbc web pages

Back
Top Bottom