Match Thread Sheffield United v. Arsenal - 28th June 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
ARS
ARS
ARS
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1593278085742.png v. 1593278094867.png
FA Cup Quarter Final - Sunday 28th June 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-arsenal.508/

Officials:

Referee:
Paul Tierney
Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin
Assistant Referee: Marc Perry
Fourth Official: Robert Jones
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Constantine Hatzidakis
Replacement Official: Richard Wild

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-06-27 at 18.15.34.png

Well, at least we are looking sharper and glad Didzy got his goal.😎

2nd half we were a lot better, ref bought everything arsenal were selling

Another goal lost from the left hand side similar to the two against Man U. After brilliant work getting back into the game someone attempts a stupid Hollywood pass which gets intercepted leaving us 3 on 3. Didnt need to take the risk

How many times did Arsenal lose aerial challenges then go down holding their heads & Tierney gave them every fuckin time. Smug faced cunt of a ref letting Arsenal players virtually ref the game themselves. Yet another stooge of the big clubs.

When Hendo drops one it’s a right clanger , ref should have had a yellow shirt bent get !!!

Best side on the day won.

Silly foul from Basham cost us early and we created nothing first half.

2nd half much better because we were angry and motivated by a poor officiating performance. Still didn't create much, a flick on & Deanos shot the only noticeable chances.

But then that last few minutes we were really good and got momentum and ACTUALLY SCORED a goal, good to see McGoldrick bag.

Desperately weak defending again though gave them a soft, easy goal to round it off. Norwood very poor defensively on that.

Berge was much better today & McBurnie answered his critics with a great performance. Fleck was pretty ineffective and unfit.

The difference when we went to 4-3-3 was significant. Also I like Robinsons throws to McBurnie in the box offeres a whole other dynamic to our attack, but it doesnt seem to outweigh the how weak our defence is on the left. Need O'Connell back and maybe give Osborn a run over Stevens who's still not up to his usual standard.

Berge nad McBernie probably had their best games for a while. McGoldrick looked off the pace but glad he got his goal.

Better performance in places but still off our usual high standard.

We really miss the crowd don't we?!

2nd half much improved but still not 100%. Hopefully we can carry the positives into our next prem game. UTB

Massive improvement in effort. Robinson and Berge were much improved. The referee was an absolute disgrace throughout. He couldn't wait to give decisions against us and had the whistle to his mouth before any Arsenal player even came into contact with the ball, let alone our players.

But horrible, long-ball 'Dinosaur football'. Sorry, I know it'll be unpopular, but that was horrible to watch. I thought we'd moved past all that shit. Arsenal are nothing like a good side but we played into their hands with that shit. We made Mustaphi and Kolacinac look like world-beaters.

Sorry Chris, but your tactics today were appalling. Well done for actually managing to motivate them for the first time since the break but the football was horrible and we ARE better than that.

UTB

Berge nad McBernie probably had their best games for a while. McGoldrick looked off the pace but glad he got his goal.

Better performance in places but still off our usual high standard.

We really miss the crowd don't we?!

I'm not sure we do. After all, our away form was so good and that typically means it's not about the support.

I think the injuries knocked us off form, too many players just haven't started well and the opposition has been that bit better (much better in terms of Man Yoo).

Today we were immensely improved. Particularly second half. Almost everyone looked better than they have so far since the resumption. McBurnie and Berge were excellent, Egan solid and Norwood looking like his old self. I'm definitely not panicking going forward. We owe them some loyalty and faith after what they've done for us.

I genuinely think a full lane would've won that game for us today especially in the second half when we were pilling the coal on

Back
Top Bottom