Sharp for a year

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

calling ány of our squad league one is like calling a doctor a purveyor of leeches
not one of our squad has been in league one since 2017

say a players disappointing is an opinion, to call him in effect third rate is too much

would you call it opinion if someone where you worked said you were 3rd rate
I'm definitely not first rate so I'd probably not be that bothered.

I'd say a good chunk of our squad are Championship standard but L1 is a bit harsh.

Wes - Solid Champ
Davies - Lower Champ
Anel - Top Champ/PL potential
Egan - Top Champ/Lower PL
Trusty - Champ/PL potential
JLT - Champ
Baldock - Top Champ/Lower PL
Lowe - Mid Champ
Larouci - ?!
Slimane - ?!
Norwood - Mid Champ
Osborn - Mid/Lower Champ/Very good L1
RND - Top champ/PL potential
Bogle - Mid Champ
Fleck - Lower Champ/L1 (based on mobility at present, in the past he was lower PL)
Coulibaly - Lower Champ
McBurnie - Mid Champ
Brewster - Lower Champ (would benefit from a L1 loan though)
Traore - ?!
Jebbison - Lower Champ but with potential (should be loaned out really but we don't have enough players)
Osula - Lower Champ but with potential (as Jebbison)

All of the youth players on the periphery of the squad are L1 standard or below and need to be loaned at that level to improve their game.

I'm definitely not first rate so I'd probably not be that bothered.

I'd say a good chunk of our squad are Championship standard but L1 is a bit harsh.

Wes - Solid Champ
Davies - Lower Champ
Anel - Top Champ/PL potential
Egan - Top Champ/Lower PL
Trusty - Champ/PL potential
JLT - Champ
Baldock - Top Champ/Lower PL
Lowe - Mid Champ
Larouci - ?!
Slimane - ?!
Norwood - Mid Champ
Osborn - Mid/Lower Champ/Very good L1
RND - Top champ/PL potential
Bogle - Mid Champ
Fleck - Lower Champ/L1 (based on mobility at present, in the past he was lower PL)
Coulibaly - Lower Champ
McBurnie - Mid Champ
Brewster - Lower Champ (would benefit from a L1 loan though)
Traore - ?!
Jebbison - Lower Champ but with potential (should be loaned out really but we don't have enough players)
Osula - Lower Champ but with potential (as Jebbison)

All of the youth players on the periphery of the squad are L1 standard or below and need to be loaned at that level to improve their game.
pretty tepid marks and ratings for a team that won automatic promotion

how on earth did we get 91 points with such a collection of what you consider bang average players good for only 13th and below in the championship

surely one player Ndiaye and his meagre 13 goal input wasnt the difference
you gave mcb mid championship and he scored 13 , so you see them as equals

personally and this is just opinion your ratings give us a squad of 2 players to challenge for championship top 6 and then at a struggle whereas we have several prem quality players and the rest top top in half championship , based solely on our results
again I point out weve only finished in our lowest placing 10th in the championhsip which is top half last time I looked, in the last 7 seasons with this squad

your logic just doesn't represent the reality

Last edited:
Reality is 3pm this saturday
Wes - prem player
Davies - prem player
Anel -prem player
Egan - prem player
Trusty - prem player
JLT - prem player
Baldock - prem player
Lowe - prem player
Larouci - prem player
Slimane - prem player
Norwood -prem player
Osborn - prem player
RND - prem player
Bogle - prem player
Coulibaly - prem player
McBurnie -prem player
Brewster - prem player
Traore - prem player
Jebbison - prem player
Osula - prem player

NOT AN OPINION , A FACT

pretty tepid marks and ratings for a team that won automatic promotion

how on earth did we get 91 points with such a collection of what you consider bang average players good for only 13th and below in the championship

surely one player Ndiaye and his meagre 13 goal input wasnt the difference
you gave mcb mid championship and he scored 13 , so you see them as equals

personally and this is just opinion your ratings give us a squad of 2 players to challenge for championship top 6 and then at a struggle whereas we have several prem quality players and the rest top top in half championship , based solely on our results
again I point out weve only finished in our lowest placing 10th in the championhsip which is top half last time I looked, in the last 7 seasons with this squad

your logic just doesn't represent the reality
Ndiaye was Top Champ with Balon D'Or potential and much higher.
Berge was Top Champ/PL Potential.
Doyle and McAtee both Top Champ with PL potential.

Add them into the squad I had and it's a Top Champ team on the whole, hence the 91 points.

Incidentally, if you think that because Ndiaye and McBurnie scored the same number of goals that McBurnie is Ndiaye's equal from a footballing sense then you might be the least knowledgeable person on this forum (Fallowfield included).

Reality is 3pm this saturday
Wes - prem player
Davies - prem player
Anel -prem player
Egan - prem player
Trusty - prem player
JLT - prem player
Baldock - prem player
Lowe - prem player
Larouci - prem player
Slimane - prem player
Norwood -prem player
Osborn - prem player
RND - prem player
Bogle - prem player
Coulibaly - prem player
McBurnie -prem player
Brewster - prem player
Traore - prem player
Jebbison - prem player
Osula - prem player

NOT AN OPINION , A FACT
Can't dispute that. Some will do well, others will get shown up.

I'm not saying I can do any better by the way, just that some of them will be playing a long way above the level that they should be. It's not 'abuse' it's an opinion.

Ndiaye was Top Champ with Balon D'Or potential and much higher.
Berge was Top Champ/PL Potential.
Doyle and McAtee both Top Champ with PL potential.

Add them into the squad I had and it's a Top Champ team on the whole, hence the 91 points.

Incidentally, if you think that because Ndiaye and McBurnie scored the same number of goals that McBurnie is Ndiaye's equal from a footballing sense then you might be the least knowledgeable person on this forum (Fallowfield included).
both offered different things , both scored goals ndiaye a had few assists and mcb does a lot of defensive work
both came on in leaps and bounds under Hecky
up to last season neither were pulling up any trees

but thing is our overall strength is our team ethic , 11 players playing as one
we shall still play our system and find players to fill the gaps, like we have to when we get injuries
despite a swaithe of injuries last season the squad covered the loss of players
the club is who we support , always has been
No one wanted Ndiaye to go , mainly as we arent getting a long term reward for what we have taught him
hes 5 times the player we took on

hopefully one or two weve got now will improve as much in the next 12 months

look on stats sites
Ndiaye never made 1 assist before he got trained by Hecky and went from 2 goals in first half of 21 22 season to 10 more in the second half
he learnt how to close and track back and started making more assists

he owes Hecky big style

both offered different things , both scored goals ndiaye a had few assists and mcb does a lot of defensive work
both came on in leaps and bounds under Hecky
up to last season neither were pulling up any trees

but thing is our overall strength is our team ethic , 11 players playing as one
we shall still play our system and find players to fill the gaps, like we have to when we get injuries
despite a swaithe of injuries last season the squad covered the loss of players
the club is who we support , always has been
No one wanted Ndiaye to go , mainly as we arent getting a long term reward for what we have taught him
hes 5 times the player we took on

hopefully one or two weve got now will improve as much in the next 12 months
Ndiaye is better than McBurnie though, it’s pretty clear.

A person learns to beat what's in front of them. If they do their development in League One, they learn to play League One standard.
Instead, they are going to get the chance of a lifetime - to complete their development on the pitch against Premier League opponents

In League One, they will slow down by being allowed more time on the ball, and praised for firing off half a dozen shit shots on goal - low expectations, low standards
In the Premier League, they will learn that their first touch has to be first rate, that they have to move the ball like zip, and when they get chances they have to take them with precision - high expectations, high standards

A person learns to beat what's in front of them. If they do their development in League One, they learn to play League One standard.
Instead, they are going to get the chance of a lifetime - to complete their development on the pitch against Premier League opponents

In League One, they will slow down by being allowed more time on the ball, and praised for firing off half a dozen shit shots on goal - low expectations, low standards
In the Premier League, they will learn that their first touch has to be first rate, that they have to move the ball like zip, and when they get chances they have to take them with precision - high expectations, high standards
I completely disagree. At league 1 they can develop at a pace to suit them and not be expected to compete with world class footballers on a weekly basis. There is a huge reason why PL clubs have development pathways for their young players. These generally involve time out in a lower league playing against men and getting 90 minutes. The game is actually quicker and more frantic lower down the pyramid, just less technical. There are good football teams at all levels though, find them a team at this level who mirrors how we play and they will benefit.

The other option is staying at their parent clubs and playing bit parts, never being fully match fit and therefore never getting vital experience at a young age.

I completely disagree. At league 1 they can develop at a pace to suit them and not be expected to compete with world class footballers on a weekly basis. There is a huge reason why PL clubs have development pathways for their young players. These generally involve time out in a lower league playing against men and getting 90 minutes. The game is actually quicker and more frantic lower down the pyramid, just less technical. There are good football teams at all levels though, find them a team at this level who mirrors how we play and they will benefit.

The other option is staying at their parent clubs and playing bit parts, never being fully match fit and therefore never getting vital experience at a young age.
100% ^^^^^^^^^^^

BIG risk trying to blood younger players at the highest possible level.

Irreparable damage can be done.

UTB

Very true to an extent, but equally it could destroy them before they’ve even really started their careers. Let’s be honest they’re only really going to come up against genuine premiership quality during a match because they won’t in training with the vast majority of our squad

Spot on. The only thing I would say is that the Premier League isn’t slower than lower down - if anything I’d say it’s quicker. If you watch, everything is done at speed but with quality and most of time accuracy. The players at this level are 2 steps ahead all the time and their movement is unreal. They just make it look easier/slower and don’t go chasing aimless balls

Spot on. The only thing I would say is that the Premier League isn’t slower than lower down - if anything I’d say it’s quicker. If you watch, everything is done at speed but with quality and most of time accuracy. The players at this level are 2 steps ahead all the time and their movement is unreal. They just make it look easier/slower and don’t go chasing aimless balls
Also 100% ^^^^^^^^

Much quicker I would say with more fluid off the ball movement to boot.

UTB

Yes I agree, what I meant was it's more 'blood and thunder' down the leagues. 2nd touch is a tackle because their first touch is shit!

In the PL you'll get more time on the ball because people down just go chasing around like idiots, it's more measured due to a better understanding of the game. But like you say it's much faster and more precise overall, just looks effortless.

Really hope he goes for it. Would be great for him personally.

Back
Top Bottom