Sharp for a year

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm saying saying we won't mind going down narrowly shouldn't be on our thoughts before game 1

Let's make forecasts when we've played 4 or 5 games and let's see how we fare
As it stands I think we’ll go down easily, hopefully we make some signings and make a bit of a fight of it. My opinion on a forum for opinions.

I won’t be expecting us to thrash anyone and I won’t be asking for Hecky’s head on a plate if we draw with Man City.

No! Sharp's no longer fast enough for the Premier League.

Time to blood the youngsters - Osula, Jebbo, Benni, Brewster. I've a feeling one of these boys will come good this season. Probably Osula, in my opinion.
He’s Div 1 level at best now

Time to blood the youngsters - Osula, Jebbo, Benni, Brewster. I've a feeling one of these boys will come good this season. Probably Osula, in my opinion.

Would have to be better then a young Messi or Ronaldo to have a impact with the service and scraps they will be getting.

It's the same with Stevens, I watched him play for stoke today against Rotherham, he was great. I appreciate a team wanting to do well in the prem should move these type of players on but we've replaced them with proper shite.. Lowe and the French kid who I can even be bothered to learn his name are a complete waste of space
How long before Stevens gets injured?

Traoré isnt fit to lace Sharps boots. He’ll never have the intelligence or natural ability Sharp has. Sharps intelligence still gets him in the right positions even at his age.
Traore and Larouci are poor singings and we’ve wasted money on shite when we had better players already at the club in Sharp and Stevens who have been loyal servants of the club.
Did you write Mcatee off as quickly?

I'm now thinking getting Billy back would be a good idea, if only to raise morale. He'll know what to say to the younger players and the new additions after we lose a few. He'll also cost us next to nothing, he's mega-fit for his age, and could be of some use in the latter stages of games if we're hanging on for a draw or 3 points.

I'm now thinking getting Billy back would be a good idea, if only to raise morale. He'll know what to say to the younger players and the new additions after we lose a few. He'll also cost us next to nothing, he's mega-fit for his age, and could be of some use in the latter stages of games if we're hanging on for a draw or 3 points.
Sounds good to me but not a popular idea,methinks.

Time to let go.

He would already be a Derby player if his pal was still there.

Probs still end up there anyways.

UTB

Not a bad suggestion, his influence in the dressing room and around the training ground is significantly positive.
However my concern is that Sharp would be employed as a glorified cheerleader and wouldn't that be kind of embarrassing for him.

Also it shows just how far we've fallen if we brought Sharp on as sub......when last season in the Championship he struggled.
So he's now a year older and would be playing in a much higher league....

Feel a bit sorry for Sharp. You would have thought the natural plan was to keep him at the club in a coaching role and maybe even include playing duties if we're desperate. However obviously Hecky is very happy with his current coaching team.
You could ask Sharp to help the strikers, however we already have ex striker Jack Lester who presumably helps the strikers.
If Jack Lester left the club then I would think we might approach Sharp to join the coaching team.

If Billy wanted to be here he still would be. I’ve heard he was offered a 1 year deal and chose to say no as he wanted a longer contract. Which is possibly why he is still not signed anywhere else holding out for a longer deal. 🤷🏼

Where would Louie Marsh sit in most people's plans. Decent finisher and can find the space similar to old Billy, a relatively unknown especially against most Premier League opponents. Although I would expect him out on loan or definitely needs a bit of extra weight to him but could be a good option to try at the start of the season and see how he develops. If he isn't making the grade just yet always have the U23s or a loan option later.

You've been looking in Pandora's Box.
That's a fucking good analogy for this season.

Traoré isnt fit to lace Sharps boots. He’ll never have the intelligence or natural ability Sharp has. Sharps intelligence still gets him in the right positions even at his age.
Traore and Larouci are poor singings and we’ve wasted money on shite when we had better players already at the club in Sharp and Stevens who have been loyal servants of the club.
What do they sing..?..oh when the Blades.oh when the Blades..
Go marching in..
Go marching in...
Oh when the Blades
Go marching in...
Oh we'll struggle

Cos we've lost Ili
Oh when the new season begins...?

this our are only league one level is insulting in the extreme as weve not finished below 10th in the championship in the past 7 years

our own fans are abusing players who have given us some fabulous moments in the past few years, its not opinions it abuse

this our are only league one level is insulting in the extreme as weve not finished below 10th in the championship in the past 7 years

our own fans are abusing players who have given us some fabulous moments in the past few years, its not opinions it abuse
It's opinion

If he was fit and had a pre-season, like perhaps he had spent all season somewhere else, playing matches etc but was only on a month to month contract or something (would never happen) then yeah they;d be huge value in him coming now. But he'd take 3/4 weeks to get up to speed by which time we'd have signed more higher profile and younger replacements anyway. So only if Billy is going to play a regular part this season is there merit to him signing and I just can't see the board sanctioning the move, but it is strange how he'd not signed elsewhere which makes me think maybe he's hanging on to see if there is something at United, maybe he's been told there is a chance of a comeback, probably not but I find it hard to believe he's not had a lot of offers, he says he has and why would he not take one? Surely one was suitable?

It's opinion
calling ány of our squad league one is like calling a doctor a purveyor of leeches
not one of our squad has been in league one since 2017

say a players disappointing is an opinion, to call him in effect third rate is too much

would you call it opinion if someone where you worked said you were 3rd rate

It’s not insulting in the slightest…..it’s reality.
Sharp was mainly sub last year and struggled at Championship level.
Logic suggests if he’s a year older and playing in a much higher standard league then he’ll struggle even more and could be out of his depth.
His main quality last season was morale, motivation, max effort and inspiring the team to hold on to leads.
Also he showed intelligence, shielding the ball, waiting for the challenge then falling down winning a free kick.

Its a fact he’s given us fantastic moments and is rightly respected and seen as a legend
but I’d feel sad if he played any matches in the PL as he’s likely to spoil his legacy and no doubt some of our fans would get on his back.
However if we’re desperate for a striker then it might be the best option….but it would be a sign of how bad things are at the club.

Using your logic, it’s like suggesting we should ask Brian Deane and Carl Asaba to stop commentating and put their boots on
and anyone who disagrees is somehow disrespecting Deane and Sarbs as top players.

It’s not insulting in the slightest…..it’s reality.
Sharp was mainly sub last year and struggled at Championship level.
Logic suggests if he’s a year older and playing in a much higher standard league then he’ll struggle even more and could be out of his depth.
His main quality last season was morale, motivation, max effort and inspiring the team to hold on to leads.
Also he showed intelligence, shielding the ball, waiting for the challenge then falling down winning a free kick.

Its a fact he’s given us fantastic moments and is rightly respected and seen as a legend
but I’d feel sad if he played any matches in the PL as he’s likely to spoil his legacy and no doubt some of our fans would get on his back.
However if we’re desperate for a striker then it might be the best option….but it would be a sign of how bad things are at the club.
I agree with your assessment on Sharp hes slowing every season as the sands of time work against him , but its calling the up and coming youngsters learning their trade league one level I object strongly to
Sharp at Derby at his age means he can shine

Osula is raw but hes yet to find what DCL took time to find, hitting the net

Back
Top Bottom