Sharp for a year

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Watched every blades game last year and watched Stevens against Rotherham today .. he played really well

So you saw the performances Stevens put in for the past 2 years and still thought your take was sensible?

So you saw the performances Stevens put in for the past 2 years and still thought your take was sensible?
Ive seen lowe play and he shouldn't be anywhere near the team, the French kid is worse ... I said Stevens should be moved on but not replaced with inferior players

I dont count freindlies
theres no reward or loss, and we didnt care about the result as we played 9 u23s for the last 15 minutes

billy sharp scored 8 goals in his first 3 seasons with us
good job we believed in him overall wasnt it

tell me did no one go to our first 4 games when we won the division one title 6 years ago

I think we looked a bit poor till September
I cant believe you didn't go for the first 16 games of the 90/91 season.

Traoré isnt fit to lace Sharps boots. He’ll never have the intelligence or natural ability Sharp has. Sharps intelligence still gets him in the right positions even at his age.
Traore and Larouci are poor singings and we’ve wasted money on shite when we had better players already at the club in Sharp and Stevens who have been loyal servants of the club.

Cards on table.

The club needs Sharp much more than Sharp needs the club in this moment.

If someone isn’t daft enough to tell him this, there is a familiar shaped hole vacant in a familiar numbered shirt 😉.

UTB

If I was Bill right now, and I was asked to re-sign for a year, much though I love the club I might be tempted to tell em to do one.

He won't get ask by any PL or Championship club,
His best hope is league 1 but even then he might struggle. He'd do well in league 2.

Would love him to join Didzy at Notts County.

He won't get ask by any PL or Championship club,
His best hope is league 1 but even then he might struggle. He'd do well in league 2.

Would love him to join Didzy at Notts County.
He’s been asked by at least 2, and probably way more than 2 due to the geographical constraints he has instructed his agent to work within, Championship clubs.

PL you have a point. Other than that ……….

UTB

tommy doyle is the main man were missing from last season always showed for the ball from the back 5 the brutal truth is that we just cannot afford to bring the quality players we need to stay in this league were just taking hopeful punts and hoping they come good

Ok this might be against the grain bring back sharp on 1 year contract he might get a few goals after today performance we need a scorer he maybe getting on a bit old. But he’s a proven goal scorer even if in championship
Strikers weren’t the problem today. Getting the ball to the strikers was. Defence wasn’t too bad even though we let 3 sloppy goals in.

cant relate that to the youth today
unlesss we thrash teams we are shit today
if we draw with man city theyll be wanting sackings
This view that ‘because I’m old and have endured shit in the past, you young uns should be grateful for everything that happens now’ doesn’t really wash.

I’d say that 99% of fans will be happy with having a good go at staying up and even going down narrowly wouldn’t be seen as a failure.

To do this the club needs to back the manager with some signings, having allowed our main creative player and attacking threat to disappear near the end of pre-season this is even more imperative.

No one expects us to thrash anyone and they won’t be calling for Hecky to be sacked if we draw with Man City, Hecky is getting the shit end of the stick here and working within ridiculous financial limitations.

Admin note: Infraction given for personal abuse
Ok this might be against the grain bring back sharp on 1 year contract he might get a few goals after today performance we need a scorer he maybe getting on a bit old. But he’s a proven goal scorer even if in championship
Fuck off you clown

This view that ‘because I’m old and have endured shit in the past, you young uns should be grateful for everything that happens now’ doesn’t really wash.
last 7 seasons barring the covid debacle weve delivered as a club
are you saying its a waste of time being in the prem now because Ndiayes gone
are you implying the players who took us up , which is the squad have nothing to offer
we will compete because its what we do
we dont have endless funds like some but we dont get stuffed every game
even during the relegation we lost 28 games we lost 18 by one goal 6 by 2 and only 1 by 3 a 4-1 a 4-0 and 1 x 5-0 so 4 off days

we are better prepared, and have the backing we missed in 21

Not a prayer he isn't anywhere near Premier league level anymore would be a complete waste of a place.

we need to stay in this league were just taking hopeful punts and hoping they come good
think youll find 91 other clubs doing that too

look at spurs spend 100s of millions every season to win diddly
chelsea spent 250 m in january on punts to finish bottom half
we are spending 2 or 3m on players, doesnt mean they are instantly useless

best player weve seen in the prem Cantona cost man utd 1 million , theres been lots like him come on frees

If it gets to 31st August and we still have the same set of strikers, then there is definitely an argument for bringing Sharp back, as ridiculous as that would have sounded at the end of last season.

We know Brewster will get injured for long spells. McBurnie's injury record also isn't great. Traore is an unknown. Jebbison and Osula would be on loan if we weren't a shambles.

Hopefully it'll be a moot point because no club is stupid enough to go in to a Premier League season this light.

last 7 seasons barring the covid debacle weve delivered as a club
are you saying its a waste of time being in the prem now because Ndiayes gone
are you implying the players who took us up , which is the squad have nothing to offer
we will compete because its what we do
we dont have endless funds like some but we dont get stuffed every game
even during the relegation we lost 28 games we lost 18 by one goal 6 by 2 and only 1 by 3 a 4-1 a 4-0 and 1 x 5-0 so 4 off days

we are better prepared, and have the backing we missed in 21
Read what I said, I didn’t say any of what you’ve made up in the post above.

Absolutely fuxking not, never ever has or will be good enough for prem football especially now. If he's so good why has nobody signed him?

This has to be up there with one of fallowfields bonkers threads.

Back
Top Bottom