Season tickets and shop security alarms

• Thread starter Deleted member 1486
  • Start date

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

D

Deleted member 1486

Every time I walk into or out of a shop I set the security alarm off. It's been driving me nuts for years, and I even avoid certain supermarkets because of it.

As I walked into our local Morrisons today the alarm went off (as usual), and the security guard said to me "I bet you've got a football season ticket in your wallet".

It was a real WTF moment! Apparently they go off constantly (I thought it was just me) and, when it's not shop lifters or checkout girls forgetting to remove security tags, it's almost always men carrying football season cards in their wallets.

I got home and googled it and there's loads of threads on other forums from people who've also realised this (apparently they use the same technology to track season ticket holders as supermarkets/shops use to tag items so they don't get stolen).

I had a good laugh with him about it as I walked out, setting the alarm off again.

P.S. I have 5 bottles of Absolut, some PS4 games and 200 Duracell batteries going cheap if anyone is interested?

I’ve had the same experience for years .....with alarms going off when I walk out of shops.
I’m quite old with probably a trustworthy face, so never get stopped or approached.

Always wondered what caused it.....I also always keep my season ticket in my wallet....so thanks for solving the mystery.

Every time I walk into or out of a shop I set the security alarm off. It's been driving me nuts for years, and I even avoid certain supermarkets because of it.

As I walked into our local Morrisons today the alarm went off (as usual), and the security guard said to me "I bet you've got a football season ticket in your wallet".

It was a real WTF moment! Apparently they go off constantly (I thought it was just me) and, when it's not shop lifters or checkout girls forgetting to remove security tags, it's almost always men carrying football season cards in their wallets.

I got home and googled it and there's loads of threads on other forums from people who've also realised this (apparently they use the same technology to track season ticket holders as supermarkets/shops use to tag items so they don't get stolen).

I had a good laugh with him about it as I walked out, setting the alarm off again.

P.S. I have 5 bottles of Absolut, some PS4 games and 200 Duracell batteries going cheap if anyone is interested?

Only just seen this as I’ve been busy watching the football all day. Anyway my missis says she will have the Duracell batteries.

Only just seen this as I’ve been busy watching the football all day. Anyway my missis says she will have the Duracell batteries.
200 should just about see her through the week.

Back
Top Bottom