Season Ticket deadline extended

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The club signalled its ambitions were limited in January.
If that changes then season ticket sales will probably reflect that over the summer.

A couple of my mates have put it down to that. One of them wants to see some actual proper ambition from the board. January was a time to grab the bull by the horns (for one cliche) and really have a go. We didn’t.

He doesn’t think the board/club will capitalize anytime soon so he’s gonna get his handicap down.

Myself? I’ll renew. I had my own tussles with the boardroom/ambition argument and the whole ‘not just for glory’ rhetoric. There has to be a tipping point. Can’t be dry bummed all the time.
So your mates won't spend a few hundred quid on season tickets because two other guys can't spend a few million each to entertain em?

Unbelievable!!!

The club signalled its ambitions were limited in January.
If that changes then season ticket sales will probably reflect that over the summer.
That's a disgraceful attitude.

I'm only going to support my club if two other guys plough millions of their own cash in first.

People like that should be banned from the Lane.

Bloody hell ive heard it all now.
“There has to be a tipping point”
“Season tickets aren’t cheap”
What do people want? Our season ticket prices are very competitive compared to other championship clubs and as for the tipping point comment, where have you been during our miserable stay in league 1 playing largely uninspiring turgid football?
Yes we have issues to sort at board level but let’s look at the positives. We have a fantastic ambitious manager and some very talented players and a team that plays attractive attacking football. The foundations have been laid. In my time I can think of plenty of far worse times being a Blade

Top post.

I agree totally

60 years a Blade next yer for me so I know exactly what you mean.

Mind you, there will be Blades of only 10 years supporting us that will know exactly what you mean ;)

So your mates won't spend a few hundred quid on season tickets because two other guys can't spend a few million each to entertain em?

Unbelievable!!!
It’s a chestnut that’s often put out there, and it’s quite laughable.

Beware the “bigger blade” accusation next.

That's a disgraceful attitude.

I'm only going to support my club if two other guys plough millions of their own cash in first.

People like that should be banned from the Lane.

Great idea. You should suggest it to the club.

Great idea. You should suggest it to the club.
On reflection there's probably no need because if they're only going to come when we're splashing the cash or looking like winning something, then they probably won't be back of their own volition any time soon.

I for one won't miss their moaning when things aren't going our way.

Undoubtedly a response from thousands of fans to the continuing boardroom shambles. As others have said, January’s pitiful transfer dealings were a real missed opportunity after the start we had.

The ownership needs sorting now - but I doubt the fkin jokers we have in charge will do anything positive anytime soon.

Give it a rest.

Or alternatively get your money out, buy the club yourself and show us all how it should be done.

I’d be interested to know how many were sold at the same point last year. From memory it was around 15k after the renewals and cheaper prices were offered. I think we’ll get around 17k season ticket holders for next season and be down to around 23k average gates. We have a fan base that votes with their wallet unfortunately and with the relatively poor end to the season it will cost us next.

I’d be interested to know how many were sold at the same point last year. From memory it was around 15k after the renewals and cheaper prices were offered. I think we’ll get around 17k season ticket holders for next season and be down to around 23k average gates. We have a fan base that votes with their wallet unfortunately and with the relatively poor end to the season it will cost us next.

I can honestly say no one I know screams about the owners not spending enough as to why they aren't renewing or starting going again.
Price, footballs dropped of recently, found other things to do, can't take a dog in etc. Yet some know thousands it would seem.

What's that saying about the actualite again?
Tory. Alan Clarke? Shagged a mother and her two daughters.....

I can honestly say no one I know screams about the owners not spending enough as to why they aren't renewing or starting going again.
Price, footballs dropped of recently, found other things to do, can't take a dog in etc. Yet some know thousands it would seem.

If anyone doesn’t renew because of the ownership it’s a poor excuse. We’ll spend about what we spent last year on players and we might sell a couple and loan a couple in and out. It’s just that after a season and a half of the good stuff it’s been a bit of a let down so it’s back off to the golf club or Meadowhall for some.

Dropped off., :(

If anyone doesn’t renew because of the ownership it’s a poor excuse. We’ll spend about what we spent last year on players and we might sell a couple and loan a couple in and out. It’s just that after a season and a half of the good stuff it’s been a bit of a let down so it’s back off to the golf club or Meadowhall for some.

Exactly. We’ve got the same owners we had last season but nobody was complaining then. We’ve finished higher up the football league than we did last season, what have people got to complain about.

Nothing at all to complain about if you are happy to follow a mid table championship club, shock and horror that some fans have the audacity to want us to get even better and push for the top division. i suppose it all goes back to the small mindedness of most Blades fans after all it has been drummed into us for 50 years or more that we are second best most now believe it. I'm sure there was a thread on this mentality a few weeks back, good to see this little Sheff Utd underdog thinking is still alive and kicking after all it is just what unambitious owners love.

Usually do ours straight away but haven't yet, mainly due to having to go in to try and get a price to add a young un and do a family ticket... Pricing isn't clear, ticket office member of staff wasn't sure, availability isn't straightforward and it can't be done online... Which when I work more than opening hours is a bit of an issue.

Will still do it tomorrow despite knowing they'd be extending.

Only had a half ST and done about 15 games so a definite part timer but with boardroom squabbles likely to go on for a year or two and no investment and just geriatrics up front next season I expect a relegation dog fight and so have no current appetite for a ST and will wait and see.

12,000 is disappointing at this stage and down on last year. I am a bit surprised to be honest.

It’s 3k down on the early bird offer from last season, people aren’t daft, they can see the direction of travel.

Only had a half ST and done about 15 games so a definite part timer but with boardroom squabbles likely to go on for a year or two and no investment and just geriatrics up front next season I expect a relegation dog fight and so have no current appetite for a ST and will wait and see.
I don't think you will be alone with that thinking, it is a possibility that this could happen.

It’s 3k down on the early bird offer from last season, people aren’t daft, they can see the direction of travel.

I know there are issues with the squad aging and the boardroom spat but I would have thought that memories of the previous 18 months up to Xmas would still be fresh enough to keep the current fan base on board. To be 3000 down already has really surprised me tbh.

I see Brian Blessed the trolling pig is about with his usual gobshite trash.
Have you no friends?

Back
Top Bottom