CONFIRMED Scott Hogan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

OT but will there really be a significant uptake for this?

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/club-1867-faqs/

"Can I cancel my Club 1867?

Once purchased, there are no refunds available."

"What happens if the Owls do not achieve promotion?

The scheme and all associated benefits will roll over until promotion is achieved."

View attachment 48915

:D:D:D

I've mentioned the following elsewhere:
"What happens if there is a change of ownership before promotion is achieved?

Any new owner would be contractually obliged to honour the scheme."

What new owner is going to be so obliging as to honour this commitment? If the current average season ticket cost is about £600.00 and say 1000 people take up this offer, which new owner is going to shell out £600,000.00 of their own money at some unspecified date in the future once Chansiri has already pocketed the cash and then buggered off?

Last edited:

What new owner is going to be so obliging as to honour this commitment? If the current average season ticket cost is about £600.00 and say 1000 people take up this offer, which new owner is going to shell out £600,000.00 of their own money at some unspecified date in the future once Chansiri has already pocketed the cash and then buggered off?

Grab the money and run chancer - looks like that to me.

Sounds like we could have another 24 hours to wait.

The questions: Is he still that player and, if so, why is his former manager at Brentford prepared to let him go?

im being positive & going to say that its because its premptive measures to make sure that villa dont end up in the same financial mess they had at the end of last season, where they had winding up orders & the owner had to sell 50% to keep it afloat because he took a massive gamble on promotion & failed. then they had a poor year & looks likely it will be a 4th in championship so aston villa need to be more sustainable

He £12m striker. So twice as good as Madine and thrice as good as Egan - and roughly 10% better than Brooks - if you believe the price tag is an indicator of quality?
Isn't price our ONLY indicator of quality when we demand new signings? :rolleyes:

If any potential buyer had half a brain (which should be questioned if they're interested in buying the Massive in the first place) they would look to seek for the actual amount, as well as any other future liabilities, to be deducted from the overall consideration (i.e. purchase price). Either that or seek an indemnity from Chansiri (i.e. he pays if they potential cost is realised).

Fell for that one....

Wilder has made his position clear, he wants to gain promotion this season and he seems a man of principles who would walk out if he thought he was fighting a losing battle. If the board stab Wilder in the back by weakening his team when they are entering the home straight

It would be suicidal for the owners and seriously even our owners wouldn’t be that stupid.

"It would be suicidal for the owners and seriously even our owners wouldn’t be that stupid" ……. :eek::eek::eek:o_O

I think that they have ably demonstrated that they are ……. ;)

UTB & FTP

"It would be suicidal for the owners and seriously even our owners wouldn’t be that stupid" ……. :eek::eek::eek:o_O

I think that they have ably demonstrated that they are ……. ;)

UTB & FTP

...by donating tens of millions of pounds of their own money to the benefit of ignorant, obtuse ingrates?

Whatever this signing costs between now and May, I can assure you all it will be a fair few quid.
Part funded by Leon going of course, but will still be a 500k outlay at least IMHO

Before his injuries it's hard to think of a player below the premier league who would suit our style more. He likes the ball on the ground to get involved in quick passing movements. The goals he scores are generally cut backs on the floor in the penalty area, or through balls in which he can use his clever movement and acceleration to go through on goal and finish. The questions: Is he still that player and, if so, why is his former manager at Brentford prepared to let him go?
The question you pose at the ending is relevant. It is the "elephant in the room", that begs the question that is it "a white elephant" being offered. And of course why to a rival for promotion?

It is something I am sure CW and his staff have considered and - if they go ahead - feel it is worth a punt?

The questions: Is he still that player and, if so, why is his former manager at Brentford prepared to let him go?
He's behind the best striker in the division and on simply too good money to sit on the bench. Also he's not going to get his confidence back from the bench is he? So he'll be worthless as a saleable asset. It's a business decision.

The question you pose at the ending is relevant. It is the "elephant in the room", that begs the question that is it "a white elephant" being offered. And of course why to a rival for promotion?

It is something I am sure CW and his staff have considered and - if they go ahead - feel it is worth a punt?

Maybe he likes the lad and knows he needs games to get back to his best, or maybe more importantly these days the value they paid for him. Or could simply want to get rid because he knows he has "better" players nearer the first team?

He was lethal for half a season at Brentford and was a deadly finisher particularly on one-on-one's.
The whole team revolved around him and on finding ways of getting him in on goal.

The downsides - he never looked particularly happy on the pitch and would or could not press, track back or run the channels.
he seemed far more of an individual than a team player but if you could get him fit, sharp and motivated you could have a goal machine on your hands.

https://www.skysports.com/app/transfer-centre

15:34

BLADES CLOSE IN ON HOGAN LOAN

Sheffield United have won the race to sign Aston Villa striker Scott Hogan, with a loan deal expected to be confirmed tonight or tomorrow morning, according to Sky sources.

Manager Chris Wilder tried to sign the Republic of Ireland forward in the last window and has beaten a number of Championship clubs, including Bristol City to a deal until the rest of the season.

The player joined Villa two years ago from Brentford for £12m

He's behind the best striker in the division and on simply too good money to sit on the bench. Also he's not going to get his confidence back from the bench is he? So he'll be worthless as a saleable asset. It's a business decision.

Behind second best !!

I think the Hogan signing will probably transpire to be an unsuccessful one. I don't mind signing players out of form if they've shown ability in the not too distant past. But in Hogan's case he seems to be very injury-prone and has struggled to string together a long spell of games throughout his whole career.

As well as this, I don’t think his style of play suits us too well. He seems to play on the last shoulder and thrive from through balls. It’s rare we really attack this way through the middle, which is why Billy thrives as a six yard man attacking crosses.

I think the Hogan signing will probably transpire to be an unsuccessful one. I don't mind signing players out of form if they've shown ability in the not too distant past. But in Hogan's case he seems to be very injury-prone and has struggled to string together a long spell of games throughout his whole career.

As well as this, I don’t think his style of play suits us too well. He seems to play on the last shoulder and thrive from through balls. It’s rare we really attack this way through the middle, which is why Billy thrives as a six yard man attacking crosses.

Didn't McGoldrick arrive with the same injury prone reputation!

Scott Hogan has made 42 apps in 17/18 and 40 apps in 16/17 all comps so although he has suffered injuries in his career the past two seasons he seems to have been fairly available. His games have been limited this season due to being out of favour.

If he can rediscover this form then, wow, he could play a major part in getting us promoted.

We play a similar way to Brentford did then and I can see Norwood Duffy & Dowell picking off some lovey passes through with those intelligent forward runs he makes

Chuffin Hell hes good, scores every time he shoots.

Seriously though, he knows how to beat an offside trap

Perhaps we will attack a different way to suit Hogans strengths. We dont have a player with his attributes thats maybe why we dont attack through the middle
He would give us a different option

Back
Top Bottom