CONFIRMED Scott Hogan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nope. Never did. Consistency is my middle name !

Fully expecting Washington to drop Clarke to his rightful place as a squad player.

NO Goals in 5.5 games is simply not good enough and it’s about time you and shitloads of others began to realise that Clarkes continued inclusion is, without a shadow of doubt,holding the team back.

UTB

This will be my last Leon comments on a Hogan thread. Pick this up on a Clarke thread if you must. There are plenty to chose from :)

If only Wilder was as knowledgeable as you eh?
;)

Just a thought. I expect that Johnson and Washington will be introduced to the crowd before the game tomorrow, Washington will more than likely be on the bench. What if the papers agreeing the Hogan move were submitted to the league before the deadline but a gentleman's agreement has been made between the clubs to hold off announcing the move until after the game? Seeing as it's only a loan as such, it might be a bit embarrassing for Villa and the player?

Nah, probably not. Like I said, just a thought...

Just a thought. I expect that Johnson and Washington will be introduced to the crowd before the game tomorrow, Washington will more than likely be on the bench. What if the papers agreeing the Hogan move were submitted to the league before the deadline but a gentleman's agreement has been made between the clubs to hold off announcing the move until after the game? Seeing as it's only a loan as such, it might be a bit embarrassing for Villa and the player?

Nay chance.

But I would be gobsmacked if this wasn’t put on the back burner to be seriously reconsidered again in 4 months time.

UTB

So glad we didn't sign him tbh. Better he bleeds Villa dry for a few more months.

He can also spend the next few months getting himself fit. That would be a start.

I like him as a player, and think he would potentially be a good player for us, but I hope we wouldn't go anywhere near him until he's at least gone a few months without carrying an injury.

As said above, I could see this being reinstigated again in January. If we are challenging those play off places.

Only thing I remember about him from our game last season was he committed a foul every time the ball went near him and his shirt was too small

On bench for Villa toneet.

Might find pitch time difficult initially at least, but will be interesting to see how the next 3 months pans out for the lad, and if our known interest resurfaces in Jan.

UTB

On bench for Villa toneet.

Might find pitch time difficult initially at least, but will be interesting to see how the next 3 months pans out for the lad, and if our known interest resurfaces in Jan.

UTB
Tough one because if he does well they will keep him, if he's shit... we won't want him.

heh. i admire your imaginative skills jon but this time. nah that is b******s :D

I would like to see us make another approach for him if we can budget for his salary. Maybe just even get him on loan until the end of the season. If we’re serious about challenging for promotion we will need plenty of strength in depth as we get deeper into the season.

I would like to see us make another approach for him if we can budget for his salary. Maybe just even get him on loan until the end of the season. If we’re serious about challenging for promotion we will need plenty of strength in depth as we get deeper into the season.

My thought here is that if Dean Smith takes over, will he want to utilise him? Did they work together at Brentford?

My thought here is that if Dean Smith takes over, will he want to utilise him? Did they work together at Brentford?

My thoughts exactly...a deal for Hogan could be totally out of the question now. (If it wasn’t already!)

I wonder if Smith has agreed not sign any of Brentford’s players this season? Could we nip in with a cheeky bid for Maupay?

My thoughts exactly...a deal for Hogan could be totally out of the question now. (If it wasn’t already!)

I wonder if Smith has agreed not sign any of Brentford’s players this season? Could we nip in with a cheeky bid for Maupay?

Reported asking fee for Maupay is north of £10m. We'd have to be promoted to afford him - but if we do go up he'd be an outstanding signing.

Reckon even Maupay is out of our price bracket after how he's started the season.

Villa's central defence against us a few weeks back were abysmal - reckon Villa may go and try and get Mepham in the JTW, especially as John Terry is assistant and what he knows about defenders.

UTB

Reckon even Maupay is out of our price bracket after how he's started the season.

Villa's central defence against us a few weeks back were abysmal - reckon Villa may go and try and get Mepham in the JTW, especially as John Terry is assistant and what he knows about defenders.

UTB

Doubt they have room in their FFP budget for him. Brentford have already turned down 12 million. If they're a long way off the top six I'd expect them to be offloading players in January, similarly the pigs.

Doubt they have room in their FFP budget for him. Brentford have already turned down 12 million. If they're a long way off the top six I'd expect them to be offloading players in January, similarly the pigs.

FFP - ahh yes, had forgotten all about that.

UTB

The thought never crossed my mind but yes it’s plausible that he would want to keep him having worked with him before. More than likely now that he won’t be available.

Wonder if he will be first choice with Dean Smith as manager.

Can't see it as long as Abraham and Kodjia are fit - they'll certainly be ahead of him in the pecking order

I could see CW having another go for him in Jan if he's still not getting games

No way we'l get hogan now can see him banging them in for villa as smiths the manager now

No way we'l get hogan now can see him banging them in for villa as smiths the manager now

Is there even any evidence that Dean Smith likes Hogan as a player? It’s not like he actually signed him for Brentford.

I see that it’s possible that he might be a fan but I’ve seen nothing to suggest there’s ‘no way’ we could get him

Is there even any evidence that Dean Smith likes Hogan as a player? It’s not like he actually signed him for Brentford.

I see that it’s possible that he might be a fan but I’ve seen nothing to suggest there’s ‘no way’ we could get him
He was Brentford main player under smith so I’d guess he won’t be froze out like Bruce did

He was Brentford main player under smith so I’d guess he won’t be froze out like Bruce did

I think it depends whether he feels the other Strikers he has available are better than him or not. If he thinks the likes of Abraham and Kodjia are better players then Hogan might still be available.

Back
Top Bottom