sander Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He was one of our best players last season, but I wasn’t that arsed when he left. He’d have done no better than what we have this season apart from the physical appearance factor and as some have said he was a luxury when he wasn’t on his game.

Don't think it makes sense to talk about player's form this season as opposed to last.

This season is completely different to last season, a player might be playing with exactly the same form as last season, but they look terrible because they're playing for a shit team in a quality league.

Would be coincidental if all our player's and Burnley's suddenly lost their form for a whole season despite being on top form last season.

In a promotion chasing team in the champ he's a real asset, driving runs, keeps possession well, scores around 10 goals from midfield, countless assists. In the PL for a team scrapping for their lives he's ineffective, takes safe options, few goals, 1 I think, and few assists, keeps it safe, doesn't give it away mind but you need more from him

Overall, he's someone that would have made no difference to our current plight, but next season he'll be a big reason why Burnley are right up there. Strange move though for Berge, maybe the rumours he was forced him out true but I suspect that after Burnley spent near to £100m that he thought Burnley would be much stronger than they are. I also suspect he thought Kompany was a top manager in the making, I'd say he's nearer to the next Frank Lampard.

I'll stick my neck out and say I'd rather have Hamer than Berge next season. Hamer is similar to Bergen in that he is ineffective in the PL in comparison to stats in the Champ but I think Hamer is someone who will excel next season. Hopefully we'll keep big Vini too, that's much less certain. Anyway I digress, Berge was worth about £10m tops, another we overpaid for, sadly.

watched 85 minutes of the most ineffective performance by a player ever,hang your head in shame SANDER.
Thought he was there best player and the only one that actually got them forward.

Cullen looks a tidy footballer but only goes sidewards. Berge tries to go forward everytime.

I see the history revisionists are out in full force.
Sander Berge has ability and there is no arguing that point. The problem for us was that he just coasted through games with limited impact. Berge does not try to go forward every time. He is the exact same at Burnley as he was with us. His passing stats are good because he plays it safe most of the time. He did and still does go on a burst forward now and then, but not enough for a player of his ability.

Berge was clearly one of Burnley's better players yesterday from what I saw. Would walk into our first team.

The heat death of the universe could take place and people will argue if Berge is any good or not even though Burnley fans rate him and they were the only side to finish above us last year.

I am pretty angry we have strengthened a side who will hopefully be among our promotion rivals next year

When he was good he was excellent but didn't get a gig better than Burnley because he just doesn't turn up often enough, otherwise even the likes of Palace, Fulham or Brentford would have taken a chance on him.

He's got all the tools in his locker to be a world beater except the mindset to actually go and do it.

He'll end up with a nice gig at somewhere like FC Twente or Wolfsburg, mid table in a half decent league and get plenty of caps for Norway but he'll be one of these who could have been so much more.

90% of the games that Berge plays, he looks like he's been told not to run or break sweat. When he ignores that and carries the ball at pace, it's so difficult for anybody to knock him off the ball and he looks top drawer. I wouldn't want him in the trenches with me, but I'd let him marry my daughter.

Berge:
Goals 1
Assists 1
Shots 16
Shots on target 3
Passes attempted 866
Passes completed 85.2%
Progressive passes 76
Progressive carries 29
Progressive runs 20
Tackles 48
Interceptions 18
Headers won 50
Blocks 35

Souza:
Goals 1
Assists 0
Shots 10
Shots on target 4
Passes attempted 779
Passes completed 79.6%
Progressive passes 52
Progressive carries 6
Progressive runs 15
Tackles 98
Interceptions 27
Headers won 54
Blocks 39

So berge is head and shoulders above souza for progressive actions and possesion based stats.

Souza has way more tackles and interceptions.

Both similar on goals, assists, blocks and headers. Overal Berge i would say has more influence on a game.
He as also played far more games in England than Souza.That should have helped his stats!

If Berge was that much better than anything we had now, you'd think there would be some daylight between Burnley and ourselves.
Having seen their forwards yesterday it isn't surprising at all.
Even though they were generally crap they were still far more competitive than we were in our Cherries home game.

Every time I've watched Burney conceded a goal on MOTD, I see Berge jogging back about five yards behind the bloke he was supposed to be tracking. A great player when he has the ball at his feet, but not somebody who will muck in and help[ his team mates out.

The problem with Sander is he doesn't fit in with the Blades fans dinosaur view on football, they'd prefer a muck n nettles Midfielder like monty or Doyle (not the one from man city)

I see the history revisionists are out in full force.
Sander Berge has ability and there is no arguing that point. The problem for us was that he just coasted through games with limited impact. Berge does not try to go forward every time. He is the exact same at Burnley as he was with us. His passing stats are good because he plays it safe most of the time. He did and still does go on a burst forward now and then, but not enough for a player of his ability.

'The problem for us was that he just coasted through games with limited impact.'

He scored seven goals and got six assists last season. He had a goal involvement every 239 minutes. I wouldn't say that was 'limited impact'.

The problem with Sander is he doesn't fit in with the Blades fans dinosaur view on football, they'd prefer a muck n nettles Midfielder like monty or Doyle (not the one from man city)
Most blades fans were happy for him to stay. They also wanted to point out that some fans overrated him ridiculously, and there was plenty of room for improvement.

Every Blades fan loved Doyle (from Man City)and Macatee too. Hardly Monty types.

So you’re talking utter bollocks, basically, 👍😂

I really enjoyed watching Berge for us in an attacking role where he was strong and quick with great quality. I watch only Berge when I occasionally see Burnley and I completely agree with Geordie Blade that every time I've watched Burney concede a goal on MOTD, I see Berge jogging back about five yards behind the bloke he was supposed to be tracking or not even in the picture. He shows almost zero strength, speed or determination and walks/jogs all the time when Burnley are defending and I will be amazed if another premier league team will pay decent money for him. I have read Burnley fans say why isn't he played further forward.

Back
Top Bottom